Moeen Ali faces probe-

I still can't understand how people believe that religion is worth fighting for. Millions of people have lost their lives, countries becoming bankrupt, entire villages wiped out in the name of religion . It's all a farce for war mongering & murdering people in bulk. People actually follow things written thousands of years ago. It's sickening that people justify killing in the name of religion
Look if you are promised virgins you will do the same.

If anyone thinks "Free Palestine" is a humanitarian message then they must pull off their biased glasses and look at it again. Moeen Ali needs to be told that a test match is not the place to further his political or religious views,he can further them in his personal space and time not on a cricket field.

Denesh Ramdin was banned for showing the "Viv Talk nah " message. Moeen should be knowing that he has to take permission for displaying such messages which he may feel are for peace purposes. It is entirely his mistake for not following the rules which he may have already signed in his contract or which could have been notified to him. These very cricketers will say sports should not mix with politics, but then they go the extra yard by displaying such messages on field. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, however it would have been better had he touched that message on a talk show or personal interview rather than a ICC team event.

Its his personal view and he can show it wherever he wants.
That may not be the case imo, as ICC approval is probably required to display messages during an ICC match. I will try to check on this rule. Whether it's a rule or not, it still seems naive to me for a cricketer to mix politics with sport during a cricket match.
Its his personal view and he can show it wherever he wants.
No, he cannot express his personal views by having them inscribed in the cricket gear he uses in a Test match. He is free to express them in his personal capacity outside the field of play.

I think this was unnecessary on his part. Not sure what is ICC's policy on this. Some years ago, some Zim players displayed black band against local regime. Were they punished by ICC. If an Indian player puts a wrist band saying whole Kashmir is ours or a Lankan puts a band opposing LTTE, should they be penalized as well?

I think this was unnecessary on his part. Not sure what is ICC's policy on this. Some years ago' date=' some Zim players displayed black band against local regime. Were they punished by ICC. If an Indian player puts a wrist band saying whole Kashmir is ours or a Lankan puts a band opposing LTTE, should they be penalized as well?[/quote'] Protesting about something that happens in your own country is different on protesting about a political/religious issue....Britian is an ally of Isreal and you have this dummy making a political statement on National TV. It's different if the whole English team was mourning an incident that happened in their country or any other country for the matter of fact,this was a personal political view.....How would you feel if Dhoni went in a presentation ceremony and said we dedicate this victory to Modiji....acche din aa gaye?
I think this was unnecessary on his part. Not sure what is ICC's policy on this. Some years ago' date=' some Zim players displayed black band against local regime. Were they punished by ICC. If an Indian player puts a wrist band saying whole Kashmir is ours or a Lankan puts a band opposing LTTE, should they be penalized as well?[/quote'] If it is in rule of ICC, then players offending such rules should be taken to task irrespective of the team they play for. We will come to know about the rule regarding this soon through some article.
Protesting about something that happens in your own country is different on protesting about a political/religious issue....Britian is an ally of Isreal and you have this dummy making a political statement on National TV. It's different if the whole English team was mourning an incident that happened in their country or any other country for the matter of fact,this was a personal political view.....How would you feel if Dhoni went in a presentation ceremony and said we dedicate this victory to Modiji....acche din aa gaye?
Maniac it is not that straight forward as you are making it sound. What do you do when idea of country is disputed one and political too. I as an Indian believe that whole Kashmir is Indian, can I wear a band opposing atrocities of Pakistan in PoK? After all I am talking about matters of my own country. Tamils believed they are not part of Sri-Lanka so would a Tamil cricketer have been right in wearing a wrist band supporting LTTE. Can an Indian Sikh plays from Canada and supports Khalistan, display his love for Khalistan in a cricket match? He believes that Khalistan is different country. It had to one way or other. Either no politics at all or allowing peaceful display of messages.
Maniac it is not that straight forward as you are making it sound. What do you do when idea of country is disputed one and political too. I as an Indian believe that whole Kashmir is Indian, can I wear a band opposing atrocities of Pakistan in PoK? After all I am talking about matters of my own country. Tamils believed they are not part of Sri-Lanka so would a Tamil cricketer have been right in wearing a wrist band supporting LTTE. Can an Indian Sikh plays from Canada and supports Khalistan, display his love for Khalistan in a cricket match? He believes that Khalistan is different country. It had to one way or other. Either no politics at all or allowing peaceful display of messages.
I am not supporting any kind of Political statements in sports....yeah mourning for a tragic event or doing something for a good cause like when they wear bands for HIV,Cancer is ok. Political statement is a Nono. Totally agree with all you mentioned ,own country or not stuff like this shouldn't happen.
I am not supporting any kind of Political statements in sports....yeah mourning for a tragic event or doing something for a good cause like when they wear bands for HIV,Cancer is ok. Political statement is a Nono. Totally agree with all you mentioned ,own country or not stuff like this shouldn't happen.
Yeah.. General humanitarian causes are okay. But no politics of any kind.
I think this was unnecessary on his part. Not sure what is ICC's policy on this. Some years ago' date=' some Zim players displayed black band against local regime. Were they punished by ICC. If an Indian player puts a wrist band saying whole Kashmir is ours or a Lankan puts a band opposing LTTE, should they be penalized as well?[/quote'] An Indian or SL has a lot to do with Kashmir or LTTE. Still, it wont be allowed. What has Moeen to do with Gaza?