Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

Expect quite a few people here to agree with this :giggle:

Sachin Tendulkar book: Indian great has been revealed as a political animal with shameless attacks on former opponents, says Robert Craddock IT’S been rumoured for years and now it’s confirmed. Sachin Tendulkar is not the person we thought he was. After 25 years of bashful silence at last we have met the man behind the mask. And what a ruthless force of nature he is. Let’s just tell this straight. Tendulkar, as confirmed in his just-released autobiography, is a highly political animal, a dangerous enemy who knew the bottomless power he possessed and used it shamelessly — and secretly — like a master puppeteer when it suited his team’s cause. TENDULKAR LAUNCHES ATTACK ON AUSSIE GREATS SACHIN RATES CLARKE ABOVE PONTING, WAUGH Tendulkar’s saintly public image was always the sum of how he looked, what he said and how he said it. With a sweet, handsome face and smile that would melt a concrete slab, he always looked more lamb than lion as a man despite his great batting feats. Align that to his boyish, high-pitched voice that always sounded so inoffensive and the fact that he barely expressed a strong opinion about any cricket matter in his 25-year career you might have Sachin neatly categorised as the choir boy who wandered on to a cricket field and decided to stay. Retired cricket great Sachin Tendulkar speaks after launching his autobiography, "Playing Retired cricket great Sachin Tendulkar speaks after launching his autobiography, "Playing It My Way," in Mumbai, India. But when his autobiography was released worldwide on Thursday the choir boy ripped open his robes and pulled a loaded gun from a holster. Tendulkar opened fire on Greg Chappell for allegedly trying to undermine Rahul Dravid; Michael Clarke and Ricky Ponting for appealing for a catch that wasn’t out; Adam Gilchrist for having double standards; Ian Chappell for urging him to retire and Australia in general for the Monkeygate scandal. Far more significantly than all of these, he owned up to leading the rebellion which had his team insisting they should fly home if a suspension against Harbhajan Singh over the Monkeygate affair was not quashed (which it was). This from a nation so outraged when the West Indies recently abandoned a tour of India. Some felt Tendulkar played it smart. He spent his international career saying next to nothing about anyone, creating as few problems as he could for himself and just went about batting ... batting ... and batting. And then, when safely set up with pipe and slippers in retirement and with his key adversaries nowhere to be seen ... kapow! But there is a sense of hollowness about his words. Shame he could not have unleashed his best punches when his opponents were in the ring with him. It always sat oddly that Tendulkar’s lifelong hero is John McEnroe. But those who know Tendulkar well used to say that Tendulkar loved McEnroe’s brain explosions because that was how he sometimes felt himself but he was never bold enough to reveal his inner self to the world. Now he has done so. We may never think of him as kindly again but as least we got to meet the real man.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/sachin-tendulkar-book-indian-great-has-been-revealed-as-a-political-animal-with-shameless-attacks-on-former-opponents-says-robert-craddock/story-fnp050m0-1227115097724?nk=d90e136abd3c934c3972d303b8cab184
That was harsh but good of him to express his dissatisfaction over those 6 runs but chickening out on the fixing scandal. BTW, was the 140 ball ton against Bangladesh also for the team?
The ton against BD was selfish. I think almost every batsman is selfish, Dravid is too like Tendulkar said was vice captain and kept on batting when India could have won their first ever series in Aus. About fixing he said he wasn't 100% sure. Like the kaanspiracy theories you see here. You don't write that sort of stuff and declare it is correct unless your 100% sure.
Not 100% sure about what? That should have probably been the highlight of the book. Its his piece on the fixing scandal' date=' not his final report on who did what that he's got to present in front of some jury, just his opinion.[/quote'] Im saying like all the Rhiti stuff u see here. It may or may not be true. Maybe he was 70% sure but couldn't be 100% sure Dhobi is polictician mama is this etc etc in the context of that fixing case. Or he was scared, it's a possibility too

Reposting an old article on matchfixing.

The feat Sachin never got praise for Not many people know this besides some sports journalists that perhaps cricketer Sachin Tendulkar's biggest achievement is not the 100 international centuries he has scored for India or the matches he has won through his batting and sometimes his bowling. It is his role in keeping some dubious cricketers suspected of match fixing outside the team. When the match fixing scandal broke in 2000, it was Tendulkar and at least three other senior cricketers who came together and ensured that not just the players banned by the BCCI in match fixing but even those whose performance and conduct was dubious were never picked for the Indian squad again. They went about the job quietly, making no public statements. But the cricket board was conveyed of their concerns and the BCCI, which was afraid of spectators turning away from the sport, quickly acquiesced. It is another thing that the BCCI, for reasons best known to it, didn't bother to pursue a case against a former Indian captain; this when the then South African captain Hansie Cronje had claimed that he had been introduced to bookie MK Gupta by the Indian player. The CBI also claims that it had proof against the player. The other cricketers involved were not charged with match fixing by the CBI which was then investigating the case, as the agency couldn't find strong evidence against them. However, while captains got changed over the years, the said cricketers were never picked again to play for India. Sachin & Co were not on a vendetta mission. In fact the players who were ' unofficially' barred from playing for India again had been under suspicion even before the match fixing scandal broke. For instance one cricketer, known to be one of the fastest runners between the wickets, had also figured in the most run outs. Then there was a wicketkeeper who was the only one on the field to not appeal for a catch in spite of the ball being clearly nicked by the batsman. There was also a batsman who got out carelessly in a Test in spite of being asked to bat cautiously by the team management. In fact a couple of these cricketers even publicly wondered why they were never picked for the team. Ironically these cricketers and even those who were believed to be involved with match fixers and bookies are now in television studios giving their views on the current spot fixing scandal and dissecting the performance of cricketers who are currently playing for India. For those who are wondering how spot fixing and match fixing continue despite cricketers having been banned on this account in the past, this is your answer-banning a player or erasing his records is not a deterrent enough; what is needed is that the cricketers be prosecuted. The spot fixing controversy is also a lesson for those players who slog all day playing cricket in Shivaji Park and other grounds in Mumbai that there is no substitute for hard work. Yes, cricketers like Dhoni have a huge number of bikes that cost lakhs of rupees and everyone may want to own them, but they have not come the easy way. The takeaway from the Sreesanth affair is that there are no short cuts to success and no matter how secret your involvement in match fixing, you are bound to get caught sooner or later.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/sachin-tendulkar-match-fixing-centuries-bcci-indian-team-cbi-spot-fixing-scandal/1/272385.html
Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. We'd know fvck all about what Sachin, or any other autobiographer know and how much they reveal. Nor are they under any moral mandate to reveal all they know. The point here is that your tiny prejudiced mind thinks KP or others "talk as it is" when they *****, but with Sachin, he's "getting back at detractors".
Wow,you don't waste time getting personal.. I already mentioned that's it's Ok for him to not reveal,it's his biography after all,besides why should we compare Him with KP?

Look at the timeline of events Ganguly- is unceremoniously dumped Dada's boys-Yuvi,Bhajji,Sehwag,Zak are either out of the team or their life is made miserable SRT-Worst phase of his career,almost driven to the point of retirement. Laxman-one of India's best test players is made to struggle for his spot Kumble-was on his last legs anyways. SO who escapes all this- DRAVID Greg Chappell wants to partner with a big name Indian cricketer to control Indian cricket,obviously the biggest name in Indian cricket rejects his offer,who else is left to fit into Chappell's grand plan? You know the answer by now. India is knocked out of the WC Dravid doesn't resign. Chappell's tenure ends,Dravid the eternal selfless player he is steps down on moral reasons(:giggle:) As I said Darvid is not the most selfless player he is made out to be be it on-field and off-field. There is a reason I am not a big Dravid fan...Yes he is a great batsman but I think he is overrated especially by those who are looking for alternatives to SRT.

Yes, stupidity is not to be suffered. I brought KP as an example. Since you mentioned mythical others who say it as it is, I'd like to hear who they are. Gilly? Ponting? Name me one autobiography where the player hasn't vented. Very keen to hear how you make this nuanced (:hysterical:) distinction between "calling it as it is" and "getting back at detractors".
Hmm the smileys are coming out now...
Look at the timeline of events Ganguly- is unceremoniously dumped Dada's boys-Yuvi,Bhajji,Sehwag,Zak are either out of the team or their life is made miserable SRT-Worst phase of his career,almost driven to the point of retirement. Laxman-one of India's best test players is made to struggle for his spot Kumble-was on his last legs anyways. SO who escapes all this- DRAVID Greg Chappell wants to partner with a big name Indian cricketer to control Indian cricket,obviously the biggest name in Indian cricket rejects his offer,who else is left to fit into Chappell's grand plan? You know the answer by now. India is knocked out of the WC Dravid doesn't resign. Chappell's tenure ends,Dravid the eternal selfless player he is steps down on moral reasons(:giggle:) As I said Darvid is not the most selfless player he is made out to be be it on-field and off-field. There is a reason I am not a big Dravid fan...Yes he is a great batsman but I think he is overrated especially by those who are looking for alternatives to SRT.
Nice to see Sherlock cracking cases of what happens inside the dressing room. It was Dravid all this time Would be a whine-fest if you merge both KP's and Sachin's book
Dravid shown up for being a weasel that he has been all his career. Certainly as a person, I was quite the fan of his game in tests. And the less said of his persecuted fans the better. I mean, here is Sachin rebuffing Chappell who wants Dravid dumped but Dravid's constipated fans can't seem to acknowledge that, much less be grateful to the greatest who walked on a cricket field.
I know this might be controversial but Dravid kind of reminds me of Sangakkara minus the fake accent and blatant cheating. Let me explain why,listen to both Dravid or Sanga talk when they are amidst goras,there is a sense of wanting to be accepted,come across as neutral etc....on the other hand,Dada might come across as pretentious at times,but he never tries to fit in,has the swagger.
Nice to see Sherlock cracking cases of what happens inside the dressing room. It was Dravid all this time Would be a whine-fest if you merge both KP's and Sachin's book
i just presented facts that actually happened.....you get your own conclusions from it...for all I know Dravid saved all their careers from the clutches of Chappell :dontknow:
When KP *****es against his teammates, it's saying as it is. Ditto when Gilly slanders Sachin in his autobiography. Or Ponting ranting against everyone in his. But yeah, with Sachin, he couldn't be saying it as it is.
Please!! ****ing gibberish! When KP said, it was a far more issue than this, it is never the same with Sachin. The rules change when he comes into the picture. Always has been like that! He's beed deservingly praised for his brilliance but a few words against him and the bhakts loses it!
i just presented facts that actually happened.....you get your own conclusions from it...for all I know Dravid saved all their careers from the clutches of Chappell :dontknow:
Facts? :cantstop: Previously you came up with conspiracy theories of how he might have been the cause of all this. Lol If anything such as these would have been true then at least one of the players would have spoke otherwise about Dravid- the players who's been with him throughout his career, but no arm chair experts like you and sarchasm use your 6th sense and whatnot coming up with such theories, whereas none of these players have spoken against his ill behavior off the field. :cantstop: