Gunmen attack French magazine Charlie Hebdo - kill 10

diga

so far the responses I have read from Muslims in Facebook' date=' YouTube or in twitter seems to be giving a thumbs up for the attack? Who are they? Ok. I might agree one or two percent of them may be posing as Muslims, but what about the majority of them? I mean just like you said 99.99999% of them who supports this?[/quote'] You've to realize this: People mainly post stuff on FB, to get into the limelight. To carve that extra 5 seconds of fame for themselves in the virtual world that they may not get in the real world. FB is not representative of anything. It has a disproportionate number of late teenagers/ early 20s people who have way too much time on their hands and need a cause to rally over. Hardly representative of a community that is around 17-18 crores. You are just throwing around random claims that 99.99999% Muslims support this terrorist act. Please share some links/surveys/reports to substantiate your wild concoctions. Your quasi fictional tales of anecdotal FB 'evidence' don't count. The " Inquilab" , Mumbai's largest selling Urdu newspaper has condemned this act. In fact the editorials on both the days were condemning the act with the central theme being " this terrorist act damages the image ( real or perceived) of Islam and Muslims more than some obscure cartoons ever did. Should put things in perspective for you.

OK I'm done with this thread. Too much ignorance and hatred to deal with. Where are the mods? And I would again have to repeat myself because some people lack comprehension skills. The point I was making was that its natural to feel more sorry for children than adults.
As a mod why should I defend you getting emotional about people's view on a religion. To me none of the religions make sense so any discussion regarding any religion is kind of stupid for me. Does it offend me that people like to get emotional and protective about imaginary things and then go to the extent of killing people, they do. Does it bother me people discuss religion 24/7, yes it does but I ignore or participate when I feel like, when im offended or upset, I move on. You are free to ignore this thread and move on. If someone calls you names or disrespects you then report. If someone calls terror islamic when people are being killed by people who are doing it in the name of religion then I as a mod dont care. Once again, you dont have to read all threads and reply to all posts.

You've to realize this: People mainly post stuff on FB, to get into the limelight. To carve that extra 5 seconds of fame for themselves in the virtual world that they may not get in the real world. FB is not representative of anything. It has a disproportionate number of late teenagers/ early 20s people who have way too much time on their hands and need a cause to rally over. Hardly representative of a community that is around 17-18 crores. You are just throwing around random claims that 99.99999% Muslims support this terrorist act. Please share some links/surveys/reports to substantiate your wild concoctions. Your quasi fictional tales of anecdotal FB 'evidence' don't count. The " Inquilab" , Mumbai's largest selling Urdu newspaper has condemned this act. In fact the editorials on both the days were condemning the act with the central theme being " this terrorist act damages the image ( real or perceived) of Islam and Muslims more than some obscure cartoons ever did. Should put things in perspective for you.
Since when has internet comments section become a way to judge people, so I agree. Having said that, even if its 10-20% of the people who are expressing their true feelings, its kind of scary. Its scary when I see ridiculous comments from any sect or religion or group of people. People are getting increasingly stupid or it shows a lot more due to interwebs.

You've to realize this: People mainly post stuff on FB, to get into the limelight. To carve that extra 5 seconds of fame for themselves in the virtual world that they may not get in the real world. FB is not representative of anything. It has a disproportionate number of late teenagers/ early 20s people who have way too much time on their hands and need a cause to rally over. Hardly representative of a community that is around 17-18 crores. You are just throwing around random claims that 99.99999% Muslims support this terrorist act. Please share some links/surveys/reports to substantiate your wild concoctions. Your quasi fictional tales of anecdotal FB 'evidence' don't count. The " Inquilab" , Mumbai's largest selling Urdu newspaper has condemned this act. In fact the editorials on both the days were condemning the act with the central theme being " this terrorist act damages the image ( real or perceived) of Islam and Muslims more than some obscure cartoons ever did. Should put things in perspective for you.
Do you think Islam will ever allow or has already allowed its fundamental beliefs be questioned and debated and revised by muslims? Why is it so afraid of apostacy ? Why is Quoran the only message and why cant it be revised and made better? Unless this happens the future is bleak.

It is not told in the Quran to kill people. Please show me where it does. It is however said that if you kill someone it is as if you have killed the whole of mankind.
From the link posted by coffee_rules
(1) A moderate Muslim states that ISIS is wrong, they aren't "true" Muslims, and Islam is a religion of peace. (2) A questioner asks: what about verses in the Quran like 4:89, saying to "seize and kill" disbelievers? Or 8:12-13, saying God sent angels to "smite the necks and fingertips" of disbelievers, foreboding a "grievous penalty" for whoever opposes Allah and his Messenger? Or 5:33, which says those who "spread corruption" (a vague phrase widely believed to include blasphemy and apostasy) should be "killed or crucified"? Or 47:4, which also prescribes beheading for disbelievers encountered in jihad? (3) The Muslim responds by defending these verses as Allah's word -- he insists that they have been quoted "out of context," have been misinterpreted, are meant as metaphor, or that they may even have been mistranslated. (4) Despite being shown multiple translations, or told that some of these passages (like similar passages in other holy books) are questionable in any context, the Muslim insists on his/her defense of the Scripture.

Do you think Islam will ever allow or has already allowed its fundamental beliefs be questioned and debated and revised by muslims? Why is it so afraid of apostacy ? Why is Quoran the only message and why cant it be revised and made better? Unless this happens the future is bleak.
We have to realise that Islam has been around for a lot longer than our lives. This really wasn't as big as an issue let's say 20 years ago than as it is now. Things would have started to happen a lot earlier if there really was something fundamentally wrong. The only issue is that the Arabic in the Quran is different to modern day Arabic as far as I'm aware, and hence some people misquote it for their personal benefits / motives. I am no expert in these matters but that is all I know.

All religions have been causing trouble ie wars. It's mostly Christians beating the **** out of each other in the last 200 years. Even in the last century during partition to India Pak wars, it's all religion vs religion. As for the history before that please refer to lal topi as he explains how Muslims ruled over Hindus and were expanding empires. The difference is that it was all out war and no body cared or pretended to care about human rights and right thing for people but now it's part of the game. In the past when one team won, they had absolute control now it doesn't work that way. Hinduism and Islam both have stories of epic wars so it's not like violence is something new.

Well put, this is my only and main concern with not just islam, but any religion which is not flexible/evolving - i.e. doesn't reflect back upon itself to correct the mistakes, adapt accordingly.

Btw' date=' where's the freedom of expression in France when it comes to religious head coverings such as turbans, hijab, and other headscarves.[/quote'] public display of religious affinity is not good for state, religion should be private. It does not impinge into ones freedom unless it is forbidden totally.

We have to realise that Islam has been around for a lot longer than our lives. This really wasn't as big as an issue let's say 20 years ago than as it is now. Things would have started to happen a lot earlier if there really was something fundamentally wrong. The only issue is that the Arabic in the Quran is different to modern day Arabic as far as I'm aware, and hence some people misquote it for their personal benefits / motives. I am no expert in these matters but that is all I know.
Honestly the universal truth is what a man can do and what a man can not but that is too archaic out of place in the world we want to live in the 21st century. Radical religious affinities is not sustainable here, it looks like it wont end well for us unfortunately, just too many nutcases in either side. I saw you state that religious freedom of anyone should not be questioned, this view will ironically make you a non believer in certain nations... In India sunnis,shias,ahamedia,sufi even salafi/wahabi and other religions live and prosper( or suffer at least as much as others) good as it may be there are just too many radicals in either side there, the world clearly is just getting ready to end all this. Humans anyway are kind of scum in many ways, 7 billion is just a disease one that's long due for a KT style extinction event. One can always hope though, borrowing from keanu movie that 'at the precipice we change'.

All religions have been causing trouble ie wars. It's mostly Christians beating the **** out of each other in the last 200 years. Even in the last century during partition to India Pak wars, it's all religion vs religion. As for the history before that please refer to lal topi as he explains how Muslims ruled over Hindus and were expanding empires. The difference is that it was all out war and no body cared or pretended to care about human rights and right thing for people but now it's part of the game. In the past when one team won, they had absolute control now it doesn't work that way. Hinduism and Islam both have stories of epic wars so it's not like violence is something new.
I agree. Religions deviated from their core teachings because they were all man made, organized. So they were all easily manipulated as people turned too emotional about their beliefs. They don't pursue the fact that they have better ways of finding the truth. Its our trait to belong to something, some group and that sense of ownership is too strong that we start to lose our objectivity, our conscious and our discretion. In the race to prove my race/religion/country is better than yours, we all fight with each other. We are humans, we do that all the time with everything that we are associated with. Its true with everything and all humans.

when you have time, watch this. Truely profound. L2Eb6OigpVM

I agree. Religions deviated from their core teachings because they were all man made, organized. So they were all easily manipulated as people turned too emotional about their beliefs. They don't pursue the fact that they have better ways of finding the truth. Its our trait to belong to something, some group and that sense of ownership is too strong that we start to lose our objectivity, our conscious and our discretion. In the race to prove my race/religion/country is better than yours, we all fight with each other. We are humans, we do that all the time with everything that we are associated with. Its true with everything and all humans.
How do we know what were the core teaching and where they really a guess on most stuff or a way to control people or way to impose one's imagination. In any case they shouldn't be relevant today at all. It's always been is humans as I haven't really seen any evidence of God