Pak qualification scenarios

Kalia_Test

Wasn't somebody dating that Pak is already out as their match against UAE will be washed out... I think Brendan said in the match thread....
If that happens they will blame us for the rain Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Ireland manage to beat Zimbots then Pakistan will have to beat SA or increase their awful RR and also hope that Ireland get thrashed by India and SA.
Their match against saf might be a washout and ire vs zim might also be a washout
Wasn't somebody dating that Pak is already out as their match against UAE will be washed out... I think Brendan said in the match thread....
Very unlikely to be a full game, but they have downgraded the rain at least. Most of the rain is meant to hit before and after the game. Now how good the drainage is at Napier I don't know. Might be 'fine enough', but whether it is playable is another question. Have friends and family in Napier, so I do know the weather around that region. If it is windy the day before, Pakistan could be in real trouble. Just the way the rain comes in that region.
Pakistan will no doubt reach QF but if they can get past chokers then it will be Sl or Eng playing them in QF which will give them a great chance to reach Semis (Eng is playing crap while against SL they have X factor in WC)
I dont see us getting ahead of SA. SA has won against Zim and WI. Its unlikely that they loose out to Ire, UAE or even Pak. Also if Ire beat SA theyll have chance to qualify ahead of us
I dont see us getting ahead of SA. SA has won against Zim and WI. Its unlikely that they loose out to Ire' date=' UAE or even Pak. Also if Ire beat SA theyll have chance to qualify ahead of us[/quote'] Ire beating SA is long shot but Pak beating SA is still possible it is question of 2-3 batsman firing and bowlers doing their job.

There is no way SA will be beaten again in any of the pool matches. Defeat from India has hit them hard.. they are wide awake now. I dont expect any more slip ups untilll semis now. As far as Pak chances are concerned, it is upto results from couple of games now.. 1. Ireland vs Zimbabwe - IRL has good chance of winning this. If IRL wins that game then IRL has a huge upper hand cuz of their NRR. 2. IRL vs Pak - Final pool game.. Pak will need to win this no matter what.. but then it'll depend on margin of victory if above game won by IRL otherwise easy win can also do for pak.

Chances are we will face Lungans in quarter final. padosis might face ozzies :cantstop:
Nope.. our QF is against England (or may be Bangla, but i doubt that) at MCG on 19th March.. Lanka is ending up with 3rd position.
Chances are we will face Lungans in quarter final. padosis might face ozzies :cantstop:
No. If Pak qualifies, they will likely qualify as 4th and that is basically playing against New Zealand. There is no way Australia is topping the group now. NZ will basically finish no. 1 now. Though, there may be a twist in rank 3 and 4 in our group. Ireland might eventually qualify as 3rd and not 4th. Which sets up Australia vs Ireland game in quarter final or Sri Lanka vs Ireland game in quarters. Sri Lanka can still put Australia on 3 and take the no. 2 spot in the group which will make things exciting as you know why - Aus vs SAF quarter final :clap: My personal guess is that Ireland is going to finish at 3 and Windies at 4.
No. If Pak qualifies, they will likely qualify as 4th and that is basically playing against New Zealand. There is no way Australia is topping the group now. NZ will basically finish no. 1 now. Though, there may be a twist in rank 3 and 4 in our group. Ireland might eventually qualify as 3rd and not 4th. Which sets up Australia vs Ireland game in quarter final or Sri Lanka vs Ireland game in quarters. Sri Lanka can still put Australia on 3 and take the no. 2 spot in the group which will make things exciting as you know why - Aus vs SAF quarter final :clap: My personal guess is that Ireland is going to finish at 3 and Windies at 4.
Damn.. that would be awesome! but that's just a wishful thinking. Aus can't lose against Lanka. However, Lanka and SA would be a good QF too. SCG is assigned to Lanka QF and Lanka vs Aus is at SCG. Lanka can gain experience playing in SCG and thrash SA.
Damn.. that would be awesome! but that's just a wishful thinking. Aus can't lose against Lanka. However, Lanka and SA would be a good QF too. SCG is assigned to Lanka QF and Lanka vs Aus is at SCG. Lanka can gain experience playing in SCG and thrash SA.
To be honest, I think, with all the rain happening all over Australia, you never know that Lanka might just finish 2nd somehow. I can see it happening and then Australia bringing their best in quarter final to absolutely demolish South Africa in quarter final. My gut feeling says Sri Lanka will finish 2nd, Australia 3d.

I just saw the points table and realized how bad the situation is for Pakistan. The "experts" on TV are saying that Afridi needs to open to save Pakistan :hysterical: It'll be epic if India loses to Ireland which should knock Pakistan out, the whole pakistan will be crying conspiracy theories for the next 3-4 months :phehehe: