Should Border-Gavaskar trophy be renamed as SomeAussieGreat-Tendulkar Trophy?

zubinpepsi

Should Border-Gavaskar trophy be renamed as SomeAussieGreat-Tendulkar Trophy?  

1. 1.

• Yes, The trophy should be named as Ausplayer-Tendulkar
    • No, Tendulkar doesn't deserve it yet. Let him retire

This will most probably be sachin last tour down under... and he is in the verge of becoming the highest run getter in test.. some 600 runs with 5 tests to go.. most prolly he ll break tht in aussie.. will the aussies honor him by namin the trophy in his name... like what they did in Aus-Sl series recently.. It would be nice if they do this.... what do you guys think?? should the trophy be named under sachin or not??

Nah, they couldnt possibly rename an already existing trophy as something else, it would be considered as an insult to the Gavaskar. And reading the OP, i think its about time we renamed some of our own domestic and international test series after Sachin.

Guest HariSampath
This will most probably be sachin last tour down under... and he is in the verge of becoming the highest run getter in test.. some 600 runs with 5 tests to go.. most prolly he ll break tht in aussie.. will the aussies honor him by namin the trophy in his name... like what they did in Aus-Sl series recently.. It would be nice if they do this.... what do you guys think?? should the trophy be named under sachin or not??
Once a trophy is named... it stays that way. Dont you think that renaming it would be an insult to Sunil Gavaskar , one of the finest cricketers of all time and a batting icon from India ? Not that Tendulkar doesn't deserve any trophy in his name, but he is a long way from that yet. he is going to play for a couple of seasons and who knows, there may be something much bigger than just a test series named after him. I for one think, he will be awarded the Bharath Ratna at its earliest and will probably be the youngest ever recepient of the award for years to come....and I DO think he is a Bharat Rathna in every sense of the word
Guest HariSampath

Sachin Tendulkar, in the context of Indian sport, is much larger than mere trophies, series etc. He is a national icon and probably the most celebrated Indian worldwide, last 10 years. He is a symbol of success to 2 generations of youngsters and a great brand ambassador of human values in the bright focus of TV cameras in the 20th/21st century. The naming of a mere series is much smaller than than the man, the sportsman, the citizen.. and warrants the awarding of the highest civilian honor...probably at the moment when he chooses to retire. Top scientists, top musicians etc have been so honored, and Tendulkar too should be. Its a question of the timing... and will happen

Sachin Tendulkar, in the context of Indian sport, is much larger than mere trophies, series etc. He is a national icon and probably the most celebrated Indian worldwide, last 10 years. He is a symbol of success to 2 generations of youngsters and a great brand ambassador of human values in the bright focus of TV cameras in the 20th/21st century. The naming of a mere series is much smaller than than the man, the sportsman, the citizen.. and warrants the awarding of the highest civilian honor...probably at the moment when he chooses to retire. Top scientists, top musicians etc have been so honored, and Tendulkar too should be. Its a question of the timing... and will happen
hari, why don't u write an article seriously about that.. no humour plz:two_thumbs_up:
Guest HariSampath
hari' date=' why don't u write an article seriously about that.. no humour plz:two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] I already have a writing....one that I wrote for Shri LK Adavni-ji and Shri Pramod Mahajanji ( in 2003) . I am very close to Shri Advaniji for several years...and had been advocating Sachin's case for a Bharat Ratna for many years now...anyways..politics apart, I believe Sachin deserves it more than many other Indians