Apple TV vs Roku vs chromecast vs fire stick

gattaca

Wohi karna padega now. Not much into Indian tv. My dad whobused to watch indian tv the most, also does not watch anymore. As you said, good to have option if the guest from India are over. Nice. Thanks will check it out right away
Eros on demand is available via sling as well :dance: I neither watch desi tv nor more than 1-2 desi movies a year.

Ps3 misses out on the most important app that is watch espn. It sucks because i love my ps3 and it integrates well with my sony tv but sucks that none of these smart tvs have one of the most important apps
Actually Sony blu ray player some decent apps.. definitely not on par with Roku. But okay for the big 3 services.

Actually Sony blu ray player some decent apps.. definitely not on par with Roku. But okay for the big 3 services.
I looked at xbox one as option and also other media players such an android tv and the one you mentioned sony blu ray. Then I thought I already have a blu ray with my ps3 so rather just get something cheaper like roku. Though it is nice option who do not have a blu ray player.

My Chromecast has been rendered useless ever since Roku got added as a casting option on YouTube apps. Now I just cast YouTube videos to the TV via the Roku instead of Chromecast because all my other apps are on Roku anyway. By the way, if you guys have 2 or 3 year olds, then Roku has some neat free apps for kids entertainment too.

My Chromecast has been rendered useless ever since Roku got added as a casting option on YouTube apps. Now I just cast YouTube videos to the TV via the Roku instead of Chromecast because all my other apps are on Roku anyway. By the way, if you guys have 2 or 3 year olds, then Roku has some neat free apps for kids entertainment too.
Which app do you recommed for Iphone or ipad to cast to roku?

Which app do you recommed for Iphone or ipad to cast to roku?
YouTube is the one I use most often for casting videos. I have also used the Netflix iPad app for casting videos. Both the Chromecast and the Roku show up as options for casting to the TV. Strangely though, the Netflix Android app on my phone doesn't have any casting option. You can also use the Roku android/iOS app for casting photos or your music library from your phone too. One thing I did notice though. I haven't used WatchESPN lately to cast videos. But WatchESPN still only lists my Chromecast as a casting option. Roku is still missing. So, that is probably the only reason I might use the Chromecast in the future, though Roku does have a native WatchESPN app.

YouTube is the one I use most often for casting videos. I have also used the Netflix iPad app for casting videos. Both the Chromecast and the Roku show up as options for casting to the TV. Strangely though, the Netflix Android app on my phone doesn't have any casting option. You can also use the Roku android/iOS app for casting photos or your music library from your phone too. One thing I did notice though. I haven't used WatchESPN lately to cast videos. But WatchESPN still only lists my Chromecast as a casting option. Roku is still missing. So, that is probably the only reason I might use the Chromecast in the future, though Roku does have a native WatchESPN app.
Interesting. I did not know that youtube had mirror option for iphone to roku mirroring. Yes, watch espn is better to play on roku then to mirror it. The app is just class. Also would recommend livestream app

To play youtube on Roku i use Plex rather than Youtube app. Advantages 1) Much faster response 2) You can stop the video and start from where it left 3) Quality of video can be controlled individually , playback mode can be selected, Rewind , Forward is a seamless operation with plex Other unrelated advantages.. Plex supports lot of formats. Vimeo videos, einthusan videos can be plexed on pc and play it on roku.

'Tics Pa'aji' date=' I need your feedback regarding stream casting any Bollywood movie App/Website using Roku or any other device, if you have tried it...[/quote'] All roku, apple tv etc devices have similar apps. However when it comes on to mirroring of screen, it depends on which device you using as some integrate well with each other and some do not. If you have videos on your machine like on a phone or tablet or on laptop, roku's media player app or apple's airplay are basic features which will let you play those videos after accessing the folders of your device, regardless of it being iphone, android or windows device. However, mirroring the screen is different and certain devices do not work with a particular player. Apple tv- if you have an iphone or Ipad and want to mirror your screen to tv from a browser based window, airplay option will only be able to do it. Apple tv is the box which supports that. Roku does not. With roku, you can only mirror your apple device content which is stored on your drive, but not a browser based window. Roku- currently supports screen mirroring for android devices which has 4.4 or above and windows 8.1. If you habe apple product, You can only mirror youtube. chromecast is best for you if all you want to do is stream the content you watching on your device, whether in a browser window or on your desktop screen. Remember you will have to operate this from your device or app as chromecast does not come with any remote youtube content. As far as bolly app, there is not any as I have been also looking around. So mirroring from your browser window if you found a movie link is the only option. Netflex comes the closest which has most bolly movies. Hence, downloading a movie, say from torrents etc, on your device is the best option. You will not have to mirror your content. You can if you want but if you have the movie on your device then you can just access your device library through roku or apple tv device and watch it on tv.

Eros on demand is available via sling as well :dance: I neither watch desi tv nor more than 1-2 desi movies a year.
Just bought that indian package which has one month free trial. Looks good actually. Though willow tv feed is behind 3 deliveries from my regular fios willow tv channel :) Nice streaming though. Got some 24*7 hindi movie channels which old and not so old movies. Nice. Atleast I can enjoy it for a month and see :)

so sling tv is as addon for roku? and for the free 1 month do you have to enter your credit card info?
Yeah, just like one enters when you sign up for netflix and they give free trial. As long as you remember to cancel the service on the day it is expiring., they will not charge.Mine expires one month from now. There is no option to auto cancelation and that is where they try to make money when auto renewal is forced from account after month is over. So if you cancel before the next month starts, you should be good. Also, I don't think you will ave to add sling tv app as it was already added to my home. If it's not there, just added, it will be under popular international apps or somewhere.

Yeah, just like one enters when you sign up for netflix and they give free trial. As long as you remember to cancel the service on the day it is expiring., they will not charge.Mine expires one month from now. There is no option to auto cancelation and that is where they try to make money when auto renewal is forced from account after month is over. So if you cancel before the next month starts, you should be good. Also, I don't think you will ave to add sling tv app as it was already added to my home. If it's not there, just added, it will be under popular international apps or somewhere.
thanks, will check it out if it also works on the browser as I don't have roku

All roku, apple tv etc devices have similar apps. However when it comes on to mirroring of screen, it depends on which device you using as some integrate well with each other and some do not. If you have videos on your machine like on a phone or tablet or on laptop, roku's media player app or apple's airplay are basic features which will let you play those videos after accessing the folders of your device, regardless of it being iphone, android or windows device. However, mirroring the screen is different and certain devices do not work with a particular player. Apple tv- if you have an iphone or Ipad and want to mirror your screen to tv from a browser based window, airplay option will only be able to do it. Apple tv is the box which supports that. Roku does not. With roku, you can only mirror your apple device content which is stored on your drive, but not a browser based window. Roku- currently supports screen mirroring for android devices which has 4.4 or above and windows 8.1. If you habe apple product, You can only mirror youtube. chromecast is best for you if all you want to do is stream the content you watching on your device, whether in a browser window or on your desktop screen. Remember you will have to operate this from your device or app as chromecast does not come with any remote youtube content. As far as bolly app, there is not any as I have been also looking around. So mirroring from your browser window if you found a movie link is the only option. Netflex comes the closest which has most bolly movies. Hence, downloading a movie, say from torrents etc, on your device is the best option. You will not have to mirror your content. You can if you want but if you have the movie on your device then you can just access your device library through roku or apple tv device and watch it on tv.
Thanks for the detailed response Pa'aji... I intend to use iPad to stream bolly movies. If you search 'Eros now' in App Store, you'll find it. I think Chromecast is the best option for me then as I just intend to mirror screen.