Hardik Pandya - interesting cricketer, one to watch out for.

Shivaji bhonsle

It dosent matter ' date=' its not going to last for too long ..not beyond IPL and domestic . Iyer does not have the technique to hig good bowlers consistently .[/quote'] And Pandya has? I haven't seen a better 20 year old than Iyer in terms of hitting ability and range of strokes since Yuvraj.

I think people need to calm down re iyer. Give him another reason of ranji+ ipl before judging. About Pandya. He is not going to be your frontline bowler. He can chip in with 3-4 overs in the middle when the field is spread and he is relatively protected.

I think people need to calm down re iyer. Give him another reason of ranji+ ipl before judging. About Pandya. He is not going to be your frontline bowler. He can chip in with 3-4 overs in the middle when the field is spread and he is relatively protected.
Agree about Iyer but nothing wrong in talking about what we have seen till now. Whether he improves further and graduates to the next level is a different thing.

And Pandya has? I haven't seen a better 20 year old than Iyer in terms of hitting ability and range of strokes since Yuvraj.
Not sure about Pandya yet , I like him as a package cos of his bowling ..but one positive is that his hitting against lesser bowlers are clean . When he hits in the covers it goes exactly there unlike Iyer . so in comparison there is a lot more to work with . Are you seriously comparing Iyer and Yuvi ? Yuvi was not just power , his timing was one of the best & his body balance was as good as he it gets when hitting big . Iyer just stands still and swings his bat .

Not sure about Pandya yet , I like him as a package cos of his bowling ..but one positive is that his hitting against lesser bowlers are clean . When he hits in the covers it goes exactly there unlike Iyer . so in comparison there is a lot more to work with . Are you seriously comparing Iyer and Yuvi ? Yuvi was not just power , his timing was one of the best & his body balance was as good as he it gets when hitting big . Iyer just stands still and swings his bat .
You havent seen those backfoot drives, on drives and cover drives from Iyer then if you think he does not have timing or right balance. Some of his shots against SRH in his 2nd or 3rd match when he scored 60 were sublime timing against Steyn. Also, I am not comparing him to Yuvraj. Yuvraj is the best Indian batsman combining power with timing I have seen. I am only saying since Yuvraj, Iyer is the first guy I have seen combing all things together clean hitting, power, and stylish conventional shots for such a young batsman and in T20s, when you are trying to hit everything out of the park, you are bound to have a few mishits and mistimes shots and will look ugly too. Look at Dhoni, his batting is a definition of ugliness.

This Pandya yet to hit a six against fast/fast medium bowlers' date='that too on slow Indian pitches and he is already better than Iyer:cantstop:[/quote'] Compared to that Negi has smashed only fast bowlers not trundlers. :giggle:

You havent seen those backfoot drives, on drives and cover drives from Iyer then if you think he does not have timing or right balance. Some of his shots against SRH in his 2nd or 3rd match when he scored 60 were sublime timing against Steyn. Also, I am not comparing him to Yuvraj. Yuvraj is the best Indian batsman combining power with timing I have seen. I am only saying since Yuvraj, Iyer is the first guy I have seen combing all things together clean hitting, power, and stylish conventional shots for such a young batsman and in T20s, when you are trying to hit everything out of the park, you are bound to have a few mishits and mistimes shots and will look ugly too. Look at Dhoni, his batting is a definition of ugliness.
For me it has nothing to do with ugliness . Dhoni is even though not very attractive has a technique which works for him when he hits big . its not about the mishits , but even when he strikes well its hardly convincing . Hes times decently well & his most shots are aerial , but I dont think hes got it in him to do consistently . your forgetting the likes of Raina , Rohit , Uthappa etc who Iyer needs to match before even comparing him to Yuvi . Anyway I admit hes 20 yr old and dont mind if he proves me wrong , but at this point though Sarfraz and Hardik excite me more than him as a long term India prospect .

Iyer is not being rushed by fast bowlers. Often, he is getting extra time to play his shots. That is a big plus for me. He is able to hit both pacers and spinners. How good he is against steep bounce or consistent swing...only time will tell. But the kid has potential.