sallu bhai ka kya hoga ?

Clarke

India is a shyt country. Rich and the powerful get away with murder (no pun intended). India only has rich ancient history, but nothing else is worth talking about. Bollywood is utter trash. I feel ashamed of myself that I used to watch this tripe many years back. There is no value of human life, especially if you are not well off. The moral fabric of the country is weak. I can't imagine how we produced scores of respected leaders, freedom fighters, literary giants and genuine religious figures (not god men) during the British era. Feck Salman Khan, feck his fans and the sycophants that are licking his bawls for some favor and the cowards that are staying silent because of fear of any backlash.
This:hatsoff:

In the US he would have been booked for at least 20 years in 2002-2003. 1. Driving under the influence 2. Driving without a license 3. Speeding 4. Murder 5. Driving with intent to kill 6. Running away from the scene 7. Trying to twist the law and countless lies These are the only ones I can think of but they would have charged him on 30 counts easy! Yes, social service helps reduce the penalty in certain cases but it would not help in this case especially after trying to twist the law by making the driver confess wrongly. There are cases where you'd think the accused don't get convicted because of unclear evidence and lack of witnesses. In this case, there is plenty of both.
In the US the justice system is much more efficient and swift. While it is true that being rich gives one access to good lawyers, but at least the jury system is, generally speaking is impartial and tries to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. When a verdict goes wrong, it is usually the incompetence of the prosecution or police mishandling the case. It is not perfect, but far superior and fair than India's. India has archaic laws from the British era, stagnant judicial system, nepotism, corruption, etc etc. My ancestral home in Calcutta has been embroiled in a lawsuit since 1981 and it still has not been resolved and will never be. My grandfather and father (2 generations) have passed away, but the lawsuit still have no resolution. If this was US, he would have been booked for involuntary manslaughter and DUI and thrown in jail with Bubba making backdoor visits every night!

Was this an intentional killing? People here are sounding like he is a hardcore criminal and people should hate him.
Drunk Driving and running over people,caught Hunting Endangered species,Hitting women-How many of the above can an average human being get away with if not all of the above

Bollywood trash say Sanjay Dutt has paid his comeuppance by being in Jail...the fker is booked under TADA I repeat TADA,which pretty much says you are a traitor to the country...there are some people who have suffered a lot more for doing much less as per this act....Is the act fair or not debate for another day,and you probably know my stand on it. Now they support this fker. Shows how fked up the morality and ethics of these so called "elite" socialites of the country are

India is a shyt country. Rich and the powerful get away with murder (no pun intended). India only has rich ancient history' date= but nothing else is worth talking about. Bollywood is utter trash. I feel ashamed of myself that I used to watch this tripe many years back. There is no value of human life, especially if you are not well off. The moral fabric of the country is weak. I can't imagine how we produced scores of respected leaders, freedom fighters, literary giants and genuine religious figures (not god men) during the British era. Feck Salman Khan, feck his fans and the sycophants that are licking his bawls for some favor and the cowards that are staying silent because of fear of any backlash.
+1 For once Danda dada, I think you haven't used enough expletives. The bold parts in particular, I simply couldn't agree more.

India is a shyt country. Rich and the powerful get away with murder (no pun intended). India only has rich ancient history, but nothing else is worth talking about. Bollywood is utter trash. I feel ashamed of myself that I used to watch this tripe many years back. There is no value of human life, especially if you are not well off. The moral fabric of the country is weak. I can't imagine how we produced scores of respected leaders, freedom fighters, literary giants and genuine religious figures (not god men) during the British era. Feck Salman Khan, feck his fans and the sycophants that are licking his bawls for some favor and the cowards that are staying silent because of fear of any backlash.
:hatsoff: Bleddy Salman thought India is a Banana Republic with an idiotic medieval concept like blood money :finger:

In the US the justice system is much more efficient and swift. While it is true that being rich gives one access to good lawyers, but at least the jury system is, generally speaking is impartial and tries to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. When a verdict goes wrong, it is usually the incompetence of the prosecution or police mishandling the case. It is not perfect, but far superior and fair than India's. India has archaic laws from the British era, stagnant judicial system, nepotism, corruption, etc etc. My ancestral home in Calcutta has been embroiled in a lawsuit since 1981 and it still has not been resolved and will never be. My grandfather and father (2 generations) have passed away, but the lawsuit still have no resolution. If this was US, he would have been booked for involuntary manslaughter and DUI and thrown in jail with Bubba making backdoor visits every night!
It's not perfect here but a functional justice system at least exists. In India tho, I can't say the same. A case from 2002 for God's sake. Just imagine the closure the poor family is yet to receive. Forget justice, there are people blaming the poor people. It just blows my mind. Dont get me wrong, I like the Indian traditions, heritage, culture - at least some of it but instances like these make me glad to be in the US. Bollywood is utter trash. I hope some of these "celebrities" bloating on Twitter get sentenced as well.

Bollywood trash say Sanjay Dutt has paid his comeuppance by being in Jail...the fker is booked under TADA I repeat TADA,which pretty much says you are a traitor to the country...there are some people who have suffered a lot more for doing much less as per this act....Is the act fair or not debate for another day,and you probably know my stand on it. Now they support this fker. Shows how fked up the morality and ethics of these so called "elite" socialites of the country are
Sanjay Dutt is not booked under TADA. Only under arms act.

It's not perfect here but a functional justice system at least exists. In India tho, I can't say the same. A case from 2002 for God's sake. Just imagine the closure the poor family is yet to receive. Forget justice, there are people blaming the poor people. It just blows my mind. Dont get me wrong, I like the Indian traditions, heritage, culture - at least some of it but instances like these make me glad to be in the US. Bollywood is utter trash. I hope some of these "celebrities" bloating on Twitter get sentenced as well.
People here are comparing a country with a population of 125 crore to a country with population of 25 crore.

People here are comparing a country with a population of 125 crore to a country with population of 25 crore.
Misuse of the Justice system has nothing to do with population of the country. How the hell do you justify an incident from 2002 still not brought to justice? This is insanity. Throw the criminal in jail for good 10 years. You don't fight the law, you follow it. India probably has more cops, more police stations, more court houses, more judges, more lawyers. If they don't then they should.

Misuse of the Justice system has nothing to do with population of the country. How the hell do you justify an incident from 2002 still not brought to justice? This is insanity. Throw the criminal in jail for good 10 years. You don't fight the law, you follow it. India probably has more cops, more police stations, more court houses, more judges, more lawyers. If they don't then they should.
That's due to inefficiency of justice system. Not necessary misuse. Our justice system may be slow but overall, it is still a fine. And India doesn't have enough resources, when you consider per capita. And US themselves have a history of rich people getting out freely for horrible crimes.

Was this an intentional killing? People here are sounding like he is a hardcore criminal and people should hate him.
You sound as if it's ok if not intentional. He killed a person, injured 3 and affected the family of a bodyguard who eventually died too just for doing his job. Who in their right minds would not think he is a hardcore criminal??? That is plain disregard to the law, and because he's a celebrity he sets a bad precedent to his followers as well.

Err, American justice system might be much better in terms of speed of delivery but has way too many flaws: jury nonsense, mad influence of money, political influence on judges, insane incarcerations for minor offenses, inhuman exceptions like guantanamo etc. It doesn't hurt the sensible well to do desi folks but the minorities and lower income group bear the brunt of it.

He is a criminal and everybody seems to be forgotten it. This week should have been all about justice given to victims but our Bollywood industry has made it into justice for the culprit, Salman. It's very disturbing and that's my main issue. Nobody seems to care for the victims and then everybody has forgotten that Salman used all his power to hide and prevent this case. It's two things, one is the crime itself and another is what followed after this crime. Behind all his so called charity work, he quietly worked on manipulating the story and the witness. Like some of the witness themselves have turned into additional victims of this incident.

The most bizarre defense is ' salman is a great guy and look how much charity he does'. Malinda gates is doing so much more for child health in India than Salman and all his so-called well wishers combine can do. Does this mean she is allowed to get drunk, and sexually assault a random homeless child?
Err' date=' American justice system might be much better in terms of speed of delivery but has way too many flaws: jury nonsense, mad influence of money, political influence on judges, insane incarcerations for minor offenses, inhuman exceptions like guantanamo etc. It doesn't hurt the sensible well to do desi folks but the minorities and lower income group bear the brunt of it.[/quote'] +1

In the US the justice system is much more efficient and swift. While it is true that being rich gives one access to good lawyers' date=' but at least the jury system is, generally speaking is impartial and tries to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. When a verdict goes wrong, it is usually the incompetence of the prosecution or police mishandling the case. It is not perfect, but far superior and fair than India's. India has archaic laws from the British era, stagnant judicial system, nepotism, corruption, etc etc. [b']My ancestral home in Calcutta has been embroiled in a lawsuit since 1981 and it still has not been resolved and will never be. My grandfather and father (2 generations) have passed away, but the lawsuit still have no resolution. If this was US, he would have been booked for involuntary manslaughter and DUI and thrown in jail with Bubba making backdoor visits every night!
So when your case doesn't get resolved in 34 years then it is slowness of judicial system and when Salman's case takes 13 years, that's because he influenced the progress of case because of his celebrity status. what great logic? People in their rush to hold Salman responsible for everything forget that it was prosecution's decision that charges should be upgraded which caused re-trial and a good amount of delay. I am not saying that Salman should be let go. He should be punished and that has been verdict as well. But people saying he doesn't deserve any sympathy or any prayers are being irrational. Salman behaved extremely irresponsibly but not criminally. It is unfortunate that he will have to go through at least few years of Jail but can't say that should not happen.

Sorry to say but if he really was feeling guilty then he should have helped those persons affected by accident directly or indirectly.Wherever they are called on TV they are just asking for financial help which ' date= Salman could have given them directl;y or indirectly
That would have amounted to influencing the witness and may have resulted in Salman getting his bail cancelled. Not a wise suggestion.

Indian per capita cops, govt servant etc ratio is pretty low.In a hurry courts may end up throwing lot of innocents to jail

You sound as if it's ok if not intentional. He killed a person, injured 3 and affected the family of a bodyguard who eventually died too just for doing his job. Who in their right minds would not think he is a hardcore criminal??? That is plain disregard to the law, and because he's a celebrity he sets a bad precedent to his followers as well.
Where did I say that it is okay. He got what he deserved.