Lalit Modi controversy

Tiger80

Recently, someone, a woman with communist background posted about the controversy regarding Lalit Modi, Sushma Swaraj, and Raje on FB. I was posting some facts regarding Modi and the accusations on him which she refused to accept. She was saying they shouldn't be given preferential treatment just because they are woman and must be investigated like any other accuse but once I started posting Lalit Modi's tweets about Gandhi family, I didnt get any answer. Instead, she blocked me.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/no-wont-target-sushma-swaraj-opposition-pact-that-excludes-congress-781235?pfrom=home-lateststories
New Delhi: Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj, who has been attacked for helping disgraced cricket boss Lalit Modi with travel papers in Britain, has apparently divided the opposition ahead of the monsoon session of Parliament next week. Non-Congress opposition parties have informally agreed on a "Sushma pact", which means they will not target her even as they attack the BJP government on the Lalit Modi controversy that has engulfed the foreign minister as well as Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje. Highly-placed political sources have confirmed to NDTV that parties like the Trinamool Congress, the Nationalist Congress Party, the Janata Dal United and the Samajwadi Party have formed the pact over telephone calls. "We did speak to each other about the strategy this session,'' said a former Union Minister, "We all were unanimous- Sushmaji is a decent lady, she has always conducted herself very well, and been fair. She has a rapport with each one of us and so we will neither stand nor shout slogans against her.'' The Congress says Sushma Swaraj must be sacked for helping Lalit Modi obtain British travel documents last year, at a time his passport stood cancelled by the Indian government. But it has been clear since the controversy erupted last month that other opposition parties have been far less aggressive. When Trinamool parliamentarian Saugato Roy criticized Ms Swaraj, his party instantly distanced itself, saying in a tweet that it was Mr Roy's "personal opinion." Similarly, when Nationalist Congress Party MP DP Tripathi spoke against Ms Swaraj, sources say his party chief Sharad Pawar sent word that he should stay silent. Ms Swaraj had defended her move, saying she helped Mr Modi on "humanitarian grounds", so he could be with his wife for her treatment in Portugal. Does the opposition accept that? "It is not just that," said a leader, "It is also her record. She has always been exemplary and this episode is unfortunate but we are clear that we are not for her resignation.'' This goodwill does not extend to the other leader caught in the Lalit Modi scandal; Vasundhara Raje, sources say, does not enjoy cross party support like Ms Swaraj.

MUMBAI: A special court for Prevention of Money Laundering Act here today issued a non-bailable arrest warrant (NBW) against former IPL boss Lalit Modi in connection with a case of money laundering following a plea by the Enforcement Directorate. "Your (ED's) application is allowed," said Special Judge P R Bhavake while issuing the NBW. ED had moved the special court last week seeking NBW against Modi after he did not respond to summons sent to him. ET Link
Guy is done. He can try delaying a bit. But Goodbye India for him

Whole of the Indian parliament is disrupted because of this man. And he is enjoying tweeting. This is his latest tweet: Lalit Kumar Modi ‏@LalitKModi 3m3 minutes ago

1/3 True. When I joined Buisness in 1987 first thing I was told go have cup of tea with PM Rajiv Gandhi. Taken there 2/3 by captain Satish Sharma. Let the PM house records be looked up. Then was told to give suitcase to Captain. Which was done. Such was 3/3 the way congress conducted Buisness. Let them deny it. Check PM house records. My entry will be in record. Let Captain or Italian deny.

I don't think they would do' date=' this will start a wrong precedence for future but yes they would certainly use this as a tool to attack more on Congress.[/quote'] PM record mein ye nahin hoga ki band suitcase ke sath aya tha.. agar suitcase hoga to ye nahin hoga ki suitcase mein kya tha.. No way to prove after 28 years..

I don't think they would do' date=' this will start a wrong precedence for future but yes they would certainly use this as a tool to attack more on Congress.[/quote'] To hell with wrong precedence... The Gandhis needs to be exposed. Enough of pussyfooting around... The Ma-Beta need to be made accountable. The duo has never hold any post but meddle in all the important issues without being answerable to anybody...

Harshad Mehta did a press conference and said he has himself given suitcase with Rs 1 crore to then PM PV Narsimha Rao during 1994-95 I guess. Nothing was proven. As Raghav has said , who is going to tell what exactly was in the Suitcase so no need of dragging too much on this. But yes, since after Rahul ki mausi now the name of Rajeev has also come so Congress would not want to extend this issue.