Yakub Memon to Hang On July 30 for India's Deadliest Terror Attack

Gollum

Wrong example you have chosed sir. Instead of death row convict' date=' you took example where a murderer of around 100 humans is enjoying state gifted freedom of roaming around. You took example of a person who has not been confined even in the jail, forget about hanging. [b']Let her become death-row convict and then see my stand. Wait until then. In between, you would very well understand my comments were to expose double standards of Gujrat govt.
This is amusing - you want her to be sentenced to death first (according to your posts in the Kodnani thread), but you presumably will oppose it thereafter?!! So you want an event (sentencing to death) to take place, the direct consequence of which (execution) you will oppose later? You must be the only advocate against the death penalty who supports sentencing someone to death but not the execution itself.

I am fine if someone opposes death penalty completely. That is a legitimate topic for debate. But what I see is selective conscience everywhere. For example CLJYFMMUMAAJir2.png And there are many such examples. If tomorrow some Hindu rioter gets the death sentence and I believe a lot of them deserve it, many people who are opposing death sentence now would rejoice.

I am fine if someone opposes death penalty completely. That is a legitimate topic for debate. But what I see is selective conscience everywhere. For example CLJYFMMUMAAJir2.png And there are many such examples. If tomorrow some Hindu rioter gets the death sentence and I believe a lot of them deserve it, many people who are opposing death sentence now would rejoice.
+1

Absolutely.double standards and hypocrisy at its worst

Wrong example you have chosed sir. Instead of death row convict, you took example where a murderer of around 100 humans is enjoying state gifted freedom of roaming around. You took example of a person who has not been confined even in the jail, forget about hanging. Let her become death-row convict and then see my stand. Wait until then. In between, you would very well understand my comments were to expose double standards of Gujrat govt.
Your actual post
No loopholes here. Clear case of state colluding with murderers. Cases are Maya Kodnani vs State of Gujrat. And if State of Gujrat doesn't contest then she would get all what she wants. Convicted for brutal murder of more than 100 people including 35 children' date=' and state of Gujrat didn't even want capital punishment for her, because she was one from their own. [b']Should she be treated any differently from terrorists who kill hundreds and tried for capital punishment?
You wanted her to be given capital punishment apparently. And yet you take the moral upper ground that you are against capital punishment :haha:

This is amusing - you want her to be sentenced to death first (according to your posts in the Kodnani thread), but you presumably will oppose it thereafter?!! So you want an event (sentencing to death) to take place, the direct consequence of which (execution) you will oppose later? You must be the only advocate against the death penalty who supports sentencing someone to death but not the execution itself.
:hysterical: Too addicted to taking U-turns I suppose.

What's this I read on rediff: 16:31 Eyes wide open: Quick Response Teams of police, formed after the 26/11 terrorist attacks, were deployed at a many places across Mumbai especially communally sensitive areas. Police have made nearly 500 preventive detentions since Yakub Memon's execution order was confirmed. 15:12 Prayers for Yakub at the Mahim dargah just ahead of burial : Syed Firdaus Ashraf/Rediff.com reporting from Mahim says there are thousands upon thousands of people on the streets. Yakub Memon's Janaaze ke Namaz, (prayers before a funeral), is being carried out now at the Mahim dargah. 15:04 35,000 Mumbai cops to guard against trouble: Tight security in Mumbai since last night after the Supreme Court confirmed the death sentence of 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon. There will be at least 35,000 cops on the streets to ensure law and order prevails. Hundreds of plainclothes policemen will mingle in the crowd near Al Hussaini building, the residence of the Memon family near the Mahim police station, to monitor the situation. Stringent checks are also being carried out at several barricades in sensitive spots around the city. This morning, Mumbai police commissioner Rakesh Maria made a quick stopover at Mahim to oversee the arrangements. 13:53 Mourners wait for a glimpse of Yakub: Photo: Mourners below the Bismillah building at Mahim where Yakub's brother Suleman stays. Pic: Pic: Afsar Dayatar/Rediff.com. Rediff.com's Syed Firdaus Ashraf who spoke to people near the Al Hussaini building in Mahim where Yakub lived, said he was innocent and was a messiah. 09:06 Marine Lines graveyard sealed ahead of Yakub's burial : Heavy security outside the Bada Kabristan (pictured), Marine Lines, where Yakub Memon is likely to be buried. No visitors allowed today. The police have reportedly refused permission to the family to take the body in a procession to the burial ground Really, we need this much policing when we hang a convicted terrorist & prayers to be offered ?

These images are horrifying. So many members of his community are mourning for him, defending him when he killed so many of their fellow countrymen. These scenes remind me of Viqaruddin Ahmed and his gang's funeral in Hyderabad earlier this year. How come these Muslims have so much sympathy for these scumbags unless they themselves don't believe in the same twisted ideology? All this proves is that majority of Muslims in India can be easily brainwashed into turning against the state, just needs a tiny spark and a demographic change(which is fast happening !!!). Another partition is inevitable or India will turn into another Iraq/Syria. I foresee a civil war between Muslims and Rest of India in my lifetime at least. Even AdLibs must be wary of this gloomy undercurrent in our society. We must stop blaming Pakistan, Bangladesh, China for everything under the sun. When most of our own countrymen and women are so hostile towards us why bring in other countries. We don't need Pakistan to finish us, there are many traitors in this country who will get the job done. Could there have been a 26/11 or 11/7 without active support from Indian traitors? Remember all those Indian nationals charged after 26/11 for being involved in the operations indirectly? IM, JeM,SIMI,Al Ummah, PFI,NSCN,Naxals are products of India and we need to introspect in stead of blaming our neighbors all the time.