Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

Rohit Sharma has played 86 ODI's over a period of nearly 6 Years .....It is not like he has been given a thorough consistent run like most people are making it out to be....It is not consistent but yes it has been a 'lot of oppurtunities' quantity wise and yes,it is time somebody else got his due. But overall I would say his career has been handled badly......6 year span in contention....86 ODI games and not a single test match? I would say we have managed him badly. Never got a lengthy run...So many chop and Changes in our ODI squad over these years...no chance to establish yourself
Totally agree, I said this in the match thread too. Unfair to give him a match and then drop him for next two. I hope he is retained for Eng series. Yes he has been managed badly
Rohit Sharma has played 86 ODI's over a period of nearly 6 Years .....It is not like he has been given a thorough consistent run like most people are making it out to be....It is not consistent but yes it has been a 'lot of oppurtunities' quantity wise and yes,it is time somebody else got his due. But overall I would say his career has been handled badly......6 year span in contention....86 ODI games and not a single test match? I would say we have managed him badly. Never got a lengthy run...So many chop and Changes in our ODI squad over these years...no chance to establish yourself
if he cant hanlde the pressure of getting dropped then how can he handle the pressure when the situation demands him to perform :nervous:

His stance looked a lot different today. Knees were bent and were allowing him to move forward which has been a problem for him. Good innings, I enjoy watching him bat more than anyone else in this side(too bad he rarely plays long innings :P). But in ODIs I don't know whether we will be ever sure that he will be a good player.

Wll he obviously has to contine as opener in odis for a few more games now. But in tests I am convinced he can do the bussiness. His abilty against pace means he can thrive on overseas tracks as well. I think of the current batters, he is the best player against short ball, for him its an opportunity and wants it, while others dread the bonuncer

His stance looked a lot different today. Knees were bent and were allowing him to move forward which has been a problem for him. Good innings, I enjoy watching him bat more than anyone else in this side(too bad he rarely plays long innings :P). But in ODIs I don't know whether we will be ever sure that he will be a good player.
low center of gravity was seen in williamson as well ... does it make a good batsmen?
He always had a good technique ,The pitch had good bounce so it helped his style.For him consistency is the key.