Cow discussion thread

rageaddict

Felt incredibly sad watching this video. That driver was almost in tears. Who the hell are these losers to ask him to chant what they want to chat. :((
These same Cowardly fascists have no problem with the multi-million dollar Industries (like leather, Gelatin manufacturers ) that utilize the products of Cow/Bovine-Slaughter . They have no problem with their political masters providing incentives to these industries. But they will direct their rage 2wards hapless , impoverished truck and auto drivers who are trying to earn a living. This is CM Chauhan's statement 2day
" Chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that killing a cow is equivalent to killing a human. "We already have law against cow slaughter, we will make law more strict and legally killing a cow would be made as serious as killing a human," said Chouhan adding that not even killing, eating and transportation of cow meat would be a serious offence."
If killing a cow is equivalent to homicide then what about using the byproducts of MURDER ? What has mr.chauhan done to prevent abetment of murder ? Why doesn't Mr. Chauhan exhibit courage and shut down the factories that use the SKIN and bones of Cows in Madhya Pradesh ?

My feeling won't be any different even if happens in any part of the country. It doesn't matter how i feel. I don't trust every news thrown at me. For instance some of the church attacks are said to be religious attacks. But i don't think they are. But a common man who wants to believe religious marginalization has increased since Modi took over would consume it without any question.
Sorry, mate. I wanted to quote SIF . He writes paragraphs of " how he feels bad" on these incidents and the amount of posts he has in the green ghetto writing all sorts of anti Indian posts, I just hate such people.

Sorry' date=' mate. I wanted to quote SIF . He writes paragraphs of " how he feels bad" on these incidents and the amount of posts he has in the green ghetto writing all sorts of anti Indian posts, I just hate such people.[/quote'] lol.... 1. I feel bad when its the other way round too. Made posts about that too (I guess you didn't read them there). 2. I have zero sympathy for LTTE (after what they turned into) or any Tamil extremists for that matter. Made posts about that too (which I think you either didn't see or conveniently ignored). Green ghetto? Really? Niceeeeeeeeee.

These same Cowardly fascists have no problem with the multi-million dollar Industries (like leather, Gelatin manufacturers ) that utilize the products of Cow/Bovine-Slaughter . They have no problem with their political masters providing incentives to these industries. But they will direct their rage 2wards hapless , impoverished truck and auto drivers who are trying to earn a living. This is CM Chauhan's statement 2day If killing a cow is equivalent to homicide then what about using the byproducts of MURDER ? What has mr.chauhan done to prevent abetment of murder ? Why doesn't Mr. Chauhan exhibit courage and shut down the factories that use the SKIN and bones of Cows in Madhya Pradesh ?
Yeah..... Ban on cow slaughter is a moral dilemma for me. From a religious standpoint, it makes sense. From a overall secular standpoint (by secular I mean universal meaning of secularism and not appeasement secularism), I think for the greater good we need to separate religion from state as much as possible (it can't be 100% but as much as possible). I think I will choose #2. This is no doubt a complex subject but a lot of complications do come considering there are industries connected with cow slaughter.

These same Cowardly fascists have no problem with the multi-million dollar Industries (like leather, Gelatin manufacturers ) that utilize the products of Cow/Bovine-Slaughter . They have no problem with their political masters providing incentives to these industries. But they will direct their rage 2wards hapless , impoverished truck and auto drivers who are trying to earn a living. This is CM Chauhan's statement 2day
My curiosity is piqued. The leather industry in India uses by-products of bovine slaughter, i.e skin of cattle? I always thought that it was vegetable tanned leather. Derived from bark of trees and leaves. And that the expensive variety was from alligator hide.

Yeah..... Ban on cow slaughter is a moral dilemma for me. From a religious standpoint, it makes sense. From a overall secular standpoint (by secular I mean universal meaning of secularism and not appeasement secularism), I think for the greater good we need to separate religion from state as much as possible (it can't be 100% but as much as possible). I think I will choose #2. This is no doubt a complex subject but a lot of complications do come considering there are industries connected with cow slaughter.
Please read chapter 4 of the constitution, article 48.

Please read chapter 4 of the constitution' date=' article 48.[/quote'] I know its there in the constitution. Cow slaughter to be banned. I should have mentioned it but my post was more about the absolute larger picture. I feel, we as a nation would move forward (in the long long term) when we try to separate religion from state as much as possible. We may not be able to do it 100% but should try as much as possible. Whether it be implementing uniform civil code or allowing cow slaughter.

Do you agree with the constitution?
Added some point in my post above (check the edited version). My view is this: Ban on cow slaughter is not a logical opinion. Its a faith based opinion which stems from one's affinity to the said religion. Ban on cow slaughter is a huge dilemma for me (cos cow is sacred for us)but I feel...religion has messed up this world too much and countries would be better off if they go away from it as far as possible (while allowing rights for people to practice their religion in their own space and preach it in a proper way as laid out by the law).

My curiosity is piqued. The leather industry in India uses by-products of bovine slaughter' date= i.e skin of cattle? I always thought that it was vegetable tanned leather. Derived from bark of trees and leaves. And that the expensive variety was from alligator hide.
YES . Council for Leather Exports (under Ministry of Commerce and Industry ) LINK. gives you an indication of how much Cow and Calf leather India produces and exports. Modi Govt can push forward legislation to ban this , but he will not . They will continue to make incendiary speeches so that their minions can target poor rickshaw drivers.

YES . Council for Leather Exports (under Ministry of Commerce and Industry ) LINK. gives you an indication of how much Cow and Calf leather India produces and exports. Modi Govt can push forward legislation to ban this , but he will not . They will continue to make incendiary speeches so that their minions can target poor rickshaw drivers.
Ok if one day, cow slaughter is banned all over India (and not just some states), what would happen to these industries? What's the whole plan?

Added some point in my post above (check the edited version). My view is this: Ban on cow slaughter is not a logical opinion. Its a faith based opinion which stems from one's affinity to the said religion. Ban on cow slaughter is a huge dilemma for me but I feel...religion has messed up this world too much and countries would be better off if they go away from it as far as possible (while allowing rights for people to practice their religion in their own space and preach it in a proper way as laid out by the law).
Religion and politics have been intertwined for centuries. Will never be separated unless it becomes official state policy. Will also need UCC, but that is something that makes minorities butthurt. Using religion for political conquest has been around since the Byzantine empire.

So what' date=' Similar things happen all the time in village India. Its culture thing. Thieves do get mob justice if caught[/quote'] :facepalm: It is clear that the problem they have with him is that he is Muslim. Making him say 'Jai Shri Ram' and making him eat pork is surely not a regular occurrence. And if it really is then how do Indians have the audacity to call Pakistanis intolerant? Please actually watch the video first.

:facepalm: It is clear that the problem they have with him is that he is Muslim. Making him say 'Jai Shri Ram' and making him eat pork is surely not a regular occurrence. And if it really is then how do Indians have the audacity to call Pakistanis intolerant? Please actually watch the video first.
BS. I have seen mob justice not once but many a time. Every passerby wants a piece of cake. This happens till police arrives or someone with common sense call police, . But FFS there is no pork involved. Stop spreading lies. Now In Holyland, mob behavior means lynching stoning or hacking someone in the name of almighty. Big difference.

BS. I have seen mob justice not once but many a time. Every passerby wants a piece of cake. This happens till police arrives or someone with common sense call police, . But FFS there is no pork involved. Stop spreading lies. Now In Holyland, mob behavior means lynching stoning or hacking someone in the name of almighty. Big difference.
I'm pretty sure I heard them saying bring pork or something along those lines. Watch the video again, he was even told 'Dharam change karega ya nahin', ' Hindu bane ga'. If you find nothing wrong with that then may God help you. And please, this doesn't happen in Pakistan, there is a difference between Pakistanis and Taliban. I'm surprised you say its a regular occurrence in India in fact.

I'm pretty sure I heard them saying bring pork or something along those lines. Watch the video again, he was even told 'Dharam change karega ya nahin', ' Hindu bane ga'. If you find nothing wrong with that then may God help you. And please, this doesn't happen in Pakistan. I'm surprised you say its a regular occurrence in India in fact.
Did he become a Hindu? Is he bleeding? Bottomline is People are still generally scared of law? All they want is beat up a little before police arrives. How do you expect moral compass of semi literate and illiterate be same as that of educated ones? You know, you dont get to buy "chicken" that easy in India, forget about pork. Search youtube (if its legal :hehe:) and you will find enough evidence of of mob stupidity in India.