Do you think this site has gone down the pan?

G_B_

Looks like website is really slow for most users.  So likely,the server is crappy or there's some issue with the new software..  Personally, my interest in cricket is probably the lowest for a while.  I think with most users, it's deja vu wrt to discussions ...been there done that. With a few tourneys coming up, it may lift a little.

It's a miracle that this website keeps running without any major staff.  Kudos for that I suppose

Why don't you use tapatalk?

the site's slow fpr me as well but Tapatalk does it, atleast the basic stuffs.

i used to use it a lot but its frustrating ..sure ok to post but i do not like navigating site with that.

anyway problem is not phone but how much time it can take to post stuff and even on laptop i end up opening new links in new tab so they load in back ground ..that would be annoying on phone .

now i know when i will hit submit reply it will take few seconds and on phone that 10 second wait is really off putting .

-  international cricket is not what it used to be - run fests, mediocrity, overkill, old rivalries gone.

- Indian cricket is not what it used to be - forever fluctuating either side of adequate

- Indian legends have left the game.

- the twitter generation does not make for interesting forums - people here used to write essays on the finer points of cricket and get replies equally long.

Edited by goose

-  international cricket is not what it used to be - run fests, mediocrity, overkill, old rivalries gone.

- Indian cricket is not what it used to be - forever fluctuating either side of adequate

- Indian legends have left the game.

- the twitter generation does not make for interesting forums - people here used to write essays on the finer points of cricket and get replies equally long.

You can start again Goosey.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:15 AM, cric_fan said:

@G_B_ the site has potential. But you guys allow openly racist posts towards Pakistani's (the amount of times I have seen the P word used with no mod interference is shocking). I was warned over a bit of banter by a mod which is ridiculous. Overall...ICF has a bad reputation due to some poster's way of thinking.

On 10/11/2015 at 0:57 PM, G_B_ said:

It raises a crucial point that, admins are just not active on this site to make some calls. 

With regards to the P word, its offensive in the UK. But outside i think most of the world its used as shorthand. As most of our posters are USA and India based I think its unfair that they should be labelled as being racist to that regard.

Is it possible to put a guideline of Not to use terms like P.

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I doubt that guideline will be obeyed

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Agree, A lot of Indians dont even realise that its derogatory term used against themselves only. Some may follow. Some may be occasionally pointed to guideline page by say a padosee poster. icf as website is against usage of  P kind of vocabulary on its site.