India squad for Australia ODIs/T20s RELEASED

FischerTal

Obviously Dhoni has to play Gurkeerat or Pandey, else he won't be able to make a team of XI.. It's easy to see who won't be in the starting XI

Dhoni doesn't easily pick newly named players in the squad.... OUT - Sran, Rishi Dhawan

Only place for one left arm spin.... OUT - Axar Patel

Twelve members left in squad - Pick one of Gurkeerat or Pandey for middle order.. most likely Pandey as he has already made his debut. 

You have your starting XI

Good Analysis.

But

Do you expect 2 spinners to be played in Australia specially when Australians know that Ashwin is one of the best off spinner in the world and Jaddu , a very shrewd left arm spinner.

I expect that Jaddu will get Zero turn and hence he will be played as a slow bowler (and hence thrashed for sixes)

I expect ashwin to fight out and start getting some turn and with his variations - he may get some success and keep batsman quiet..also get wickets some times.

I would play 1 spinner( ashwin), Rishi and 3 pacers.

Is Shammi bowling at full throttle now a days or is he bowling under 140k.

I kinda feel he is pushed in a little too early and they should have picked Bumrah/shardul or even the run giving Varun as at least these 3 are at full fitness and rhythm.

playing a pace bowler when he is at 75% fitness guarantees failure and I am concerned about Shammi's performance and fitness.

Rishi Dhawan certainly deserve a chance to be in the playing 11 as he has stellar record in domestic.He was also instrumental in winning with India A against Australia A while chasing.

I think when Rishi Dhawan was bowling really well in Ranji Trophy, he was a skiddy 125 k to 132 k pacer.  He should have been picked up then in place of Binny.

My worry is...he is being picked at a time when he is obviously not at his best as far as bowling is concerned.  Could be either injury or frustration.

Rishi dhwan is a better All rounder than BINNY though hardik pandya is the best out of the three.

I don't expect Rishi to fail as much as Binny the bowler as Rishi is Street Smart like Praveen Kumar.

Rishi has got truck loads of wickets on indian flat tracks and its very hard to believe that a slow trundler trundling between 115 to 130k can fetch so many wickets in indian domestic cricket.

STREET SMART is the key word here.. I feel Praveen kumar was a great street smart bowler and had a great inswinger..

bcos I believe Rishi is also Street smart so I expect some success. I wud play him ahead of Jadeja on Australian tracks.

Rishi Dhawan is 10 times worse than Binny. Rubbish quality.

Rishi is 3rd change bowler.Dhoni has this tendency of giving new ball directly to players he is not supporting. I don't think Dhoni will handle Rishi as he handled Jadeja 

I don't think he ever gave Binny the new ball.

only guy who was just thrown the new ball without any expectations was Bhuvi and it did work out really well for a brief time.

if dhawan is a 115k trundler who is good at swing like everyone says than it is better off he gets the new ball than bowls in the middle on those flat Aussie wickets.

Rishi's bowling has clearly regressed. If he bowls at 115 - 125K like he bowled in VH trophy, then Warner and Co will be creaming their pants in excitement.

true but Dhoni will that type of a trundler as he believes line length bowlers can stop the flow of runs,anyway if we have picked rishi then Dhoni will have to play him as the bowling AR ,better option than axar for sure

So rishi dhawan is a trundler slower than binny......is he a big hitter when it comes to batting?

bcoz obviously of he had that reputation he would have had a lot more ipl games.

never would I say this but binny over this guy anyday if that is the case.

He is not even half as good as binny in batting.

Hardik would have been an ideal choice.

He followed irfan pathan's training and fitness regimen :fear:

anyways right now probably the most exciting prospect in indian cricket along with Nathun Singh :nice:

if anything Irfan worked too hard, building muscle to gain speed and lost his action and his swing. Of that batch of medium pacers who sadly lost their way Irfan was the biggest loss, but unlike say RPS and Sreesanth who fell by the way side by being too lazy and just nuts respectively, he was poorly advised and managed