Hyderabad Phd student commits suicide

coffee_rules

Those are generic comments based on feedbacks by one Union....now its Universities responsibility to prove its wrong..that's all.

Question is why University failed to response to HRD ministry? also why ASA didn't protests against Rohit & others suspension? Why they didn't take care of Rohit & his commitments rather than left him hanging dry?

Why is union minister getting involved based on what one union said ?

So why is he working with their agenda ?

He has no business getting involved in the first place .

Why is protesting against death punishment manipulated into anti national protests suddenly ?

So now Union ministers can throw generic comments about castiesm about student unions and universities ? Really ?

This is an article published before the suicide and before Smith Irani 5th letter .I have already posted this but u seemed to have missed

Already the university claried to the HRD minister letter publically

University of Hyderabad’s administration denied the charges. “There were no anti-national activities on this campus and I can vouch for all my students and faculty. They have not and will not indulge in antinational activities,” said P. Appa Rao, Vice-Chancellor of the University.

Union minister's allegations

the MHRD queries got its trigger from a strongly worded letter written by Union Minister of State for Labour Bandaru Dattatreya to Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani alleging that the campus has become a “den of casteist, extremist and anti-national politics”. The letter points to a funeral prayer allegedly offered by a student outfit of UoH Ambedkar Students Association (ASA) on the day Yakub Memon was hanged.

Even ASA clarified their stand

Students who organised the protest against capital punishment and also disruption of Muzzafarnagar screening by ABVP in Delhi University said: “We are people who believe in the Constitution. Why will we go anti-national?” said S. Munna, a student leader.

So how exactly any of these anti national extremist or castiest ?

What business has the HRD ministry or Labour minister to keep involving in a independent university issue?

http://m.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/uoh-asked-to-explain-antinational-activities/article8023952.ece

Every Army man dying in the line of duty is a martyr, but sewer worker?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Every-Army-man-dying-in-the-line-of-duty-is-a-martyr-but-sewer-worker/articleshow/50618989.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

The real tragedy of India, The really very downtrodden who do most important jobs are completely ignored by everybody and one Political student's death create outrage that shake Government

The real tragedy of India, The really very downtrodden who do most important jobs are completely ignored by everybody and one Political student's death create outrage that shake Government

How exactly is a college student allegedly orchestrated by a University on the behest of a Central minister and forced to commit suicide any less tragedy than this ?

The student death is now insignificant because he doesn't ascribe to the hindutva ideology ?

Cut this fake concern suddenly because u don't like the ideology of the student who committed suicide .

How exactly is a college student allegedly orchestrated by a University on the behest of a Central minister and forced to commit suicide any less tragedy than this ?

The student death is now insignificant because he doesn't ascribe to the hindutva ideology ?

Cut this fake concern suddenly because u don't like the ideology of the student who committed suicide .

So now propaganda is in full throttle..

ABVP complained to Bandaru he complained to HRD Ministry , HRD ministry sent notice to University..reply came after 3/4 months why??

Why ASA didn't helped Rohit when he got suspended? they used him and forgot he is in trouble?

So now propaganda is in full throttle..

ABVP complained to Bandaru he complained to HRD Ministry , HRD ministry sent notice to University..reply came after 3/4 months why??

Why ASA didn't helped Rohit when he got suspended? they used him and forgot he is in trouble?

I am repeat this question one last time .

On what basis the Labour minister Dattatreya made the allegation that the students were involved in castiest and anti national activities ?

You have kept avoiding this question every time .

So the people that are doing protests are showing genuine concern. Where were they when he was in dispute with university. did they help him? or a dead student is more valuable than living one

Also let me add that in India when you join politics then you need to have nerves of steel , get ready for govt benefits forfeited , beaten , false cases and in worse case murder . Politics in India is not bed of roses. All political parties are guilty in that .Left's West Bengal was hub of political murders , surprisingly the people that are protesting these days has no problem with that .

I agree all ABVP , or any minister that is guilty must be punished here but same should be applied in all states irrespective of whether BJP supporter or Left or congress supporter.

Edited by Singh bling

I am repeat this question one last time .

On what basis the Labour minister Dattatreya made the allegation that the students were involved in castiest and anti national activities ?

You have kept avoiding this question every time .

How many times I have to tell you? It's based on ABVP union feed back...If Union feel it didn't got justice from University obviously they will try to contact whomever they know.

Now I am not saying Minister/ABVP right or wrong, main question why University didn't replied to HRD ministry questions early? why delay? why ASA didn't helped Rohit when he got suspended?

Rohith Vemula, the PhD scholar whose suicide has led to massive unrest, had got his admission to the University of Hyderabad (UoH) on general merit quota although he had declared himself as Scheduled Caste (SC) in his admission form.

Top cops who are probing the case said that Rohith had not provided proof of his being a SC because he was not required to. "Since he got admission on merit, there was no need for him to prove his SC credentials," a police officer said.

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Merit-and-not-SC-status-got-Rohith-Vemula-into-University-of-Hyderabad/articleshow/50647174.cms

He definitely was blocking the path of deserving SC candidate by getting seat in general quota .

In which case fair enough. But still that does not mean he did not lie on his application. For all you know being SC helped his cause in the general merit quota. But point taken that SC certificate was not the cause of his tragic suicide.

Its a bit like calling Gadkari a brahmin when he is not a brahmin and is kayastha. Castes do get mixed up.

@jalebhi ofcourse its an obc caste. Its a prominent one in Maha. Dont know about AP regions. Call him a scholar who maybe admired Ambedkar. But to claim he is a dalit scholer when there are big question marks on his caste does seem to be politicisation of the subject by our media. As BE the poster has provided in the link he just mentioned he was Sc and provided no proof of the same. 

On the issue of the union labour minister, it is a free country and he has every right to express his feelings and concerns. Its not as if this guy actually led mobs. What sort of democracy is this if ministers cant take up concerns they have in their own seats? He should just watch in silence?

Bandaru Dattareya hails from the backward caste low down the pecking order in the caste system. Your going to accuse him of playing caste politics?

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/bandaru-dattatreya-a-simple-leader-from-backward-class-profile-114110900419_1.html

So clearly this guys caste (He might be ranked higher than the minister if he is proven to be obc) was not the issue for the minister.

Edited by G_B_

I am justified in naming the title of the thread aptly. Look at the propaganda thrown around. Crazyballs had to bring up Modi into the debate. Hindutva brigands are now accused of being casteist as well. Clear Secular (read psec) agenda run here in the whole debate by MSM as well as bleeding hearts. 

Hyderabad University politics  have always used student suicides as a political pawn . Being Mandal commission protests, Telengana issue, a lot of kids die, never was it a national debate and people threatening PM to take action. For Libs all issues are centered around Modi Govt Hindutva agenda, now since a dalit/OBC is involved, Hindutvawadis are casteist as well and all boils down to Modi.

Title changed, :fail:

Edited by coffee_rules

What's with Sanghi,bhakt etc..Can we discuss this topic in civilised manner ? I guess its better to lock it down.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

The one who supports Modi are all SS men type Nazi's , The other side is Stalin's NKVD , of course in eyes of each other. Decide what you want to join

@G_B_

Ok. So clearly he wasn't a Dalit. But I don't think this was the cause of suicide. It's a reconcilable matter.

I'm inclined to believe that this whole incident could serve multiple purposes. The usual senseless mud-slinging and Parliament stalling aside, 23rd January is round the corner. The Netaji files are going to be declassified on the 23rd. This could be the major distraction that the Delhi dalal media wants to use to divert people's minds'. The internet savvy people won't fall for this BS, but the others are sitting ducks.

All the 'progressive' parties can of course make use of this incident for political mileage. Throw in an ABVP angle and you have the perfect masala dosa. 

Edited by jalebi_bhai