U-19 World Cup: Avesh Khan – a thoroughbred among colts -

rkt.india

I have seen that interviews mean very little. There have been many pacers, like Munaf, who have talked about trying to bowl 100 mph and not even bowling 80 mph just after that. There have been bowlers talking about line and length, like Umesh , and spraying the ball as badly as they can.

It is best to see what the bowler is actually doing. Avesh is trying to bowl with effort and pace every ball...but is still accurate...hitting the deck hard and getting bounce regularly....getting seam movement both ways.  That is all that matters.

I think Avesh is focusing on both pace and accuracy as of now.....and has the attitude and action to do so in the future..

Bowlers like Unadkat and Yomahesh did not have that attitude or such strong action. They perhaps hit 139 k etc. due to good rhythm or more developed bodies at an earlier age.

I highly appreciate your optimism when it comes to bowling talent @Rightarmfast. I appreciate you keeping a keen eye on our bowling resources.

Yeah, I haven't seen Avesh Khan properly. What speed is he bowling?

I saw him touching 138kph and for a guy who is in U19, thats express pace. More than the pace, his line and length, accuracy and the angles he was bowling at, he looked like a complete pacer. And these U19 kids are pretty ruthless and have the right attitude, just like virat and yuvraj. This guy along with bathami and Khaleel, should do well...

RKT, I read his interview, and he said he wants to concentrate on line and length too.. Not a good sign , sacrificing pace for line and length. Very very Indian mindset.

I have seen that interviews mean very little. There have been many pacers, like Munaf, who have talked about trying to bowl 100 mph and not even bowling 80 mph just after that. There have been bowlers talking about line and length, like Umesh , and spraying the ball as badly as they can.

It is best to see what the bowler is actually doing. Avesh is trying to bowl with effort and pace every ball...but is still accurate...hitting the deck hard and getting bounce regularly....getting seam movement both ways.  That is all that matters.

I think Avesh is focusing on both pace and accuracy as of now.....and has the attitude and action to do so in the future..

Bowlers like Unadkat and Yomahesh did not have that attitude or such strong action. They perhaps hit 139 k etc. due to good rhythm or more developed bodies at an earlier age.

If you are hitting this kind of pace, I think it means that you have been practising hard and have understood the nuances of fast bowling. If he continues the same way, I dont think theres any reason why he shouldnt increase his pace.

If you are hitting this kind of pace, I think it means that you have been practising hard and have understood the nuances of fast bowling. If he continues the same way, I dont think theres any reason why he shouldnt increase his pace.

Exactly. He is bowling with great effort every ball but still bowling accurately.

He has not sacrificed pace for accuracy  and that is a good sign.

I have seen quicker u19. His pace is good for his age but no extraordinary. Jamie Overton from England was hitting 150 kph in 2012. Patrick Cummins was hitting 150 at 17. Those guys were freaks for their age.

Even Avesh hit 140 k last year. This year everyone seems 3 to 4 k slower than what they are looking like.

Also, as you said....Indians are not at their quickest at age 19 or 20 but European and Africans often are.

I have seen quicker u19. His pace is good for his age but no extraordinary. Jamie Overton from England was hitting 150 kph in 2012. Patrick Cummins was hitting 150 at 17. Those guys were freaks for their age.

I havent seen any U19 bowling that quick, infact I have never bothered watching U19 except for this year. But we have never had Indian bowlers bowling consistently 150+ at any level. ( Srinath might have hit that pace between 95-97 , but maybe once or twice in an over or two ) . I think its logical to say that someone touching 138+ at this age, can bowl around 145 - 150 range in the next 5 yrs time, if everything goes well.