A note to non- Indian Team Fans

zen

A note to the guy who started this thread and to ICF moderaters.

I joined this site years ago and as a Pakistani poster I faced some banter but it was fun and chill and I got along well with most posters here.

However since then most the moderate types have been driven off this board by extreme hostiles who insult and denigrate any new poster here who doesn't fit their jingoistic mold.

This site has turned into mob rule and its no wonder your competitor padosee site draws more visitors even from India !

You reap what you sow .. stop blaming random new posters and look at your moderation or lack of moderation policies !

I joined this site years ago and as a Pakistani poster I faced some banter but it was fun and chill and I got along well with most posters here.

However since then most the moderate types have been driven off this board by extreme hostiles who insult and denigrate any new poster here who doesn't fit their jingoistic mold.

This site has turned into mob rule and its no wonder your competitor padosee site draws more visitors even from India !

You reap what you sow .. stop blaming random new posters and look at your moderation or lack of moderation policies !

Good post. What a insecure thread.

Dont market your country's forum here. Don't know why you non Indian dans are always complaining.

If mods regulate the forum tightly then Mahaa Ravanaa, Bangladeshi fan and several trolls would have been banned long time ago.

Instead of complaining you should try to be moderate in your posts and not troll too much when India loses.Recently I even saw a good poster like Asim trolling a lot, after India lost to NZ.This is ICF and primary audience is Indian Cricket Fans .

Dont market your country's forum here. Don't know why you non Indian dans are always complaining.

If mods regulate the forum tightly then Mahaa Ravanaa, Bangladeshi fan and several trolls would have been banned long time ago.

Instead of complaining you should try to be moderate in your posts and not troll too much when India loses.Recently I even saw a good poster like Asim trolling a lot, after India lost to NZ.This is ICF and primary audience is Indian Cricket Fans .

Basically, you guys can't hack a bit of banter.

You guys do realise that ICF has a really bad reputation? Even my Indian friends tell me the same.

Some of you guys need to stop the bias/insults towards your neighbours. What's worse, mods let them continue in their merry way.

dont worry bro, we are with you. All pakistanis backing up sri lankans. that is the friendship we built. Haters can hate us or down vote us but we dont need to panick at all. This is their forum and whatever they do like insulting, trolling to other nations, their moderators don't mind at all because "that fun" is only for them. that's the difference. 

Damn this post made me realize this forum is my home. Thank you brother for such a realization. I can't pay you but I can praise you. All claps welcome for this post.

A note to the guy who started this thread and to ICF moderaters.

IMO OP wasn't saying banter is off limits and that folks can't take the p*ss out of Indian team or players when they perform poorly. OP was more about limiting out and out abuse and making continuous digs for no reason (a la MahaRaavan if you've followed his posts). We've made plenty of "Lol" and "Bowling Powerhouse" threads & posts where we've poked fun at our opponents after a poor performance and I wouldn't mind it one bit if fans from other countries do the same about India and rub it in when the team face-plants. That's to be expected and happens but any abuse or continuous vitriol (again looking at MahaRaavan) should be off limits.

dont worry bro, we are with you. All pakistanis backing up sri lankans. that is the friendship we built. Haters can hate us or down vote us but we dont need to panick at all. This is their forum and whatever they do like insulting, trolling to other nations, their moderators don't mind at all because "that fun" is only for them. that's the difference. 

Thanks bro.. Long live the Pak-Lanka brotherhood

Hopefully ,this thread would do some good and baseless hate and insults by all parties would get minimized.. In the past week I have seen some positive changes. . Let's see what tomorrow brings

Sent from my SM-J200G using Tapatalk

IMO OP wasn't saying banter is off limits and that folks can't take the p*ss out of Indian team or players when they perform poorly. OP was more about limiting out and out abuse and making continuous digs for no reason (a la MahaRaavan if you've followed his posts). We've made plenty of "Lol" and "Bowling Powerhouse" threads & posts where we've poked fun at our opponents after a poor performance and I wouldn't mind it one bit if fans from other countries do the same about India and rub it in when the team face-plants. That's to be expected and happens but any abuse or continuous vitriol (again looking at MahaRaavan) should be off limits.

So it is necessary to make a thread about 4 non-Indian posters but ignore the many Indian posters who do similar things? That is just bias. There was no need to add non-Indian in the heading, it could have been a good thread about anyone who abuses. This site anyways has a huge problem attracting non Indian posters without targeting them more. 

Edited by New guy

So it is necessary to make a thread about 4 non-Indian posters but ignore the many Indian posters who do similar things? That is just bias. There was no need to add non-Indian in the heading, it could have been a good thread about anyone who abuses. This site anyways has a huge problem attracting non Indian posters without targeting them more. 

IMO the thread is meant for everyone and I don't read anywhere that Indian fans should not conform to the same rules, i.e. no abusing or vitriol directed at anyone. If you see any posters (Indian fans or otherwise), flag the posts and notify the admins.

At the end of the day we are here on this site coz we share a common love for cricket, irrespective of our nationalities or the teams we support. We come here so we can talk about and discuss cricket with people who have different point of views. It's ok to disagree but never ok to bring down a poster by insulting or abusing him/her just because your views differ. If that's the case, why join this or any other forum? This point is valid for everyone - be it Indian or any other fans.

In general, I have not seen anyone (Indian or non-Indian) attacked for making their point (whatever it is) sensibly .... Generally, trolls (Ind or non-Ind) are attacked because of how they present themselves. The Ind trolls attacked may therefore find more reasons to support non-Ind trolls who in their opinion are attacked too for making "valid" (trolling) points :rotfl: 

I remember reading non-Ind forums on occasions and the quality is simply not there so I disagree that others forums are better (again such comments would usually be made by Indian trolls trolling against Indian cricket fans) .... To give you an example - On the thread Team vs Pak at Kol, almost everyone is posting relatively seriously considering the theme of the thread. But a non-Ind poster had this to write totally ignoring the theme of the thread:

Is your women's team available to play this match?

People who think other forums are better probably consider the above^ as quality :tongue: ....The above is simply a dumb post even in the name of banter and that too on a thread where a relatively serious discussion is taking place. Would this poster do the same on his team's forum where posters are discussing relatively seriously his favorite team to play vs. Ind? 

So if more and more non-Ind cricket fans are joining this forum to make comments such as the one above on threads with relatively serious themes, sooner or later, they are going to be pulled up. And then if they complain about being attacked, whose fault it is? Same would be the case with Indian trolls who would feel that the forum is being unfair to them and thus find themselves in the same boat as such non-Indian cricket fans. 

Edited by rett

I hope that this thread is used to bridge the gap between posters of different countries and reduce insults by both non-Indian and Indian posters.

All of us , who spend so much time on cricket forums, are big lovers of the game of cricket and appreciate good performances irrespective of the country of origin of the players. let us all remember that.

I would really like it if good posters from different countries post here more frequently.

YCCC of England is one such poster and he is active during World T20.

Maha Ravaana of Sri Lanka has come up with quite a few good posts recently and it is much appreciated. 

Some Pakistani posters like Shaz , Dewana and Utalk ( he was always good )  are coming up with good posts too.

Even Bangladeshi Fan has been better.

Aggressive Indian posters have been more polite for the last few days,

I think this thread has made a difference and all positive outcomes should be encouraged.       :two_thumbs_up:

I hope that this thread is used to bridge the gap between posters of different countries and reduce insults by both non-Indian and Indian posters.

All of us , who spend so much time on cricket forums, are big lovers of the game of cricket and appreciate good performances irrespective of the country of origin of the players. let us all remember that.

Yeah communication is the key here. 

You guys do realise that ICF has a really bad reputation? Even my Indian friends tell me the same.

Some of you guys need to stop the bias/insults towards your neighbours. What's worse, mods let them continue in their merry way.

Its better than when you were moderating this forum. You were just too sensitive and you lack sense of humor mtc.

There are some posts in this thread which took shots at ICF, its "quality", "moderation" and how some other forums are better. I would like to point out ICF never had to resort to disabling browsing of the forum post a match. This shows what sort of "moderation" actually happens elsewhere. I mean if you actually resort to disabling access to the forum, i can very well imagine what would happen if your views actually differ from mainstream. My post is sort of off tangent but simply wanted to point out that folks need to remove their rose-tinted glasses when taking shots at ICF.

Edited by Ultimate_Game

There are some posts in this thread which took shots at ICF, it's "quality", "moderation" and how some other forums are better. I would like to point out ICF never had to resort to disabling browsing of the forum post a match. This shows what sort of "moderation" actually happens elsewhere. I mean if you actually resort to disabling access to the forum, i can very well imagine what would happen if your views actually differ from mainstream. My post is sort of off tangent but simply wanted to point out that folks need to remove their rose-tinted glasses when taking shots at ICF.

lol at that forum :hehe: