BHUVI --- I loved his bowling yesterday

gakgupta

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

All wat i ahve written was in regd to test, i wud consider bhuvi in t20/odi over both any time but test no way

M not looking at speed guns, i look for bowler who take wkts as simple. In test match u need to take 20 wkts for that bowlers shud be able to ball in any situation. Bhuvi cnt do much with old ball , its not about speed gun i think u hve forgotten umesh spell of reverse in delhi on last day last session or ahemdad ind-eng series the only test india won coz of his reverse swing spell .

Lets see some stats Bhuvi has played 12 test and has 29 wkts n he has played in eng best place for fast bowling, Umesh in his 1st 12 test had 43 scalps and bowled on pattas of aus n india mostly. 

I hope u knw the diff btw 43 n 29 , its not speed guns its wkts that win u test matches

N umesh yadav has the 2nd best S/r by any indian bowler after ashwin and ashwin gets rank turners all time. The quality of umesh is he is a wkt taker. Wkts win u matches. 

As far as aaron is concerned he is wayward but agian u can bowl him in any stiuation , yes his perfomances hasnt been upto mark but u dnt get a bowler with such pace every day u gotta invest in him

I'm not really against Umesh. He would serve as my second seamer. He does leak runs, but he has also learnt to swing the ball of late - both conventional and reverse swing. I hope he improves his accuracy as at the moment he is just not capable of maintaining pressure by choking run flow. Other than Umesh, which other bowler would you rate above Bhuvi for Tests?

1 minute ago, Texan said:

I'm not really against Umesh. He would serve as my second seamer. He does leak runs, but he has also learnt to swing the ball of late - both conventional and reverse swing. I hope he improves his accuracy as at the moment he is just not capable of maintaining pressure by choking run flow. Other than Umesh, which other bowler would you rate above Bhuvi for Tests?

Ishant has been gud in test for quite some time , the guy won u series in SL won u lords test , he is the most exp one

Has height and pace and is aggresive , yes he is no dale steyn or anderson still not bad. 

ILL choose any bowler above bhuvi unless its green track or eng conditions. I even dnt mind him against team like Wi with duke balls but thats it. Against aus Sa , Nz he is recipe for disastor and as has been the case in ODi. Those guys step out n hit from ball one which makes him shift his length back and then his pace is halwa for them. But against teams like Wi he is a gud choice as Wi batsman play across a lot and their footwork is not gr8 and they Temp issues . 

Aaron is some one ill keep around always, Shami i wud like to see how he bowls as he has all the talent but didnt bowl with heart in eng n aus which may due to reason that he had an injury and he wanted to save himself for Wc which even akram mentioned that Shami told him that he had to hold himself back for Wc. Aaron if left in domestic will soon become 130k bowlers. his problem is the lack of games he has played due to injury n form both. Control comes by playing games only, net practice can help to an extent

I wud like fast track someone like Nathu singh, i always beilve fast bowlers shud be fast tracked in Sub continet as they shud be discouraged on horrible domestic wkts and their basics are best when they start post that sab duniya bhar ka exp krne lagte hai.

Bowled depends on series by series .

For eng we r due to play Eng, NZ n Aus in India n ill pick shami n umesh hands down becoz of their ability to reverse and thei skitty pace. Bhuvi wud be of no use with Sg balls in indian conditions specially where ull see spinner in action within 1st 10 overs. 

5 hours ago, Texan said:

Not of late but Umesh has always swung the ball. Even reverse swing is not just something new that he has just developed. Watch the video below of his bowling test debut series vs WI in 2011 where he is reversing the ball. I think you are mixing formats. Umesh has been poor in LOI's recently but he has always been a really good fast bowler in tests for India. Even in the last test match vs SA, the wicket's which Umesh took were crucial for the win. That reverse swing spell was the best I have seen recently from an Indian fast bowler in tests.  I would pick Ishant and Umesh any day as the 1st 2 pacers for any tests for India.

Edited by Mosher

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

Not of late but Umesh has always swung the ball. Even reverse swing is not just something new that he has just developed. Watch the video below of his bowling test debut series vs WI in 2011 where he is reversing the ball. I think you are mixing formats. Umesh has been poor in LOI's recently but he has always been a really good fast bowler in tests for India. Even in the last test match vs SA, the wicket's which Umesh took were crucial for the win. That reverse swing spell was the best I have seen recently from an Indian fast bowler in tests.  I would pick Ishant and Umesh any day as the 1st 2 pacers for any tests for India.

Yeah, he's capable of good figures but also very capable of getting smashed all over the place such as on on this occassion. He bowls well when batsmen are defensive, such as the Test v/s SA, but is clueless when batsmen take him to the cleaners. Still a worthy investment. 

I am not convinced on Ishant. In two years, he produces one odd decent spell and then commands a permanent place in the team. Even after playing almost 70 Tests, averages 37 with the ball. Give Bhuvi a consistent run in the team and I am pretty sure he will produce better results. Bhuvi has performed decently despite having a captain who keeps repeating in press conferences that Bhuvi does not have pace and hence can't bowl death overs in ODIs. Also, keeps standing up to the wicket when Bhuvi is bowling thereby limiting his ability to take wickets as it cuts out bowling bouncers or trying to generate swing. 

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Yeah, he's capable of good figures but also very capable of getting smashed all over the place such as on on this occassion. He bowls well when batsmen are defensive, such as the Test v/s SA, but is clueless when batsmen take him to the cleaners. Still a worthy investment. 

I am not convinced on Ishant. In two years, he produces one odd decent spell and then commands a permanent place in the team. Even after playing almost 70 Tests, averages 37 with the ball. Give Bhuvi a consistent run in the team and I am pretty sure he will produce better results. Bhuvi has performed decently despite having a captain who keeps repeating in press conferences that Bhuvi does not have pace and hence can't bowl death overs in ODIs. Also, keeps standing up to the wicket when Bhuvi is bowling thereby limiting his ability to take wickets as it cuts out bowling bouncers or trying to generate swing. 

Its difficult to get wickets when batsmen go on the defensive which most test batsman do. Bowlers will have to bowl really good deliveries to get such batsman out which Umesh is doing consistently. That is what is required in tests for bowlers. Picking wickets. That's how test matches are won. Umesh going for runs in one odd match means nothing if he keeps taking wickets. 

Ishant is a changed bowler now. He was poor earlier where he was performing in one odd match and riding that performance for a couple of series after that. He is performing consistently and has bowled match winning spells recently. He is a workhorse who can bowl lot of overs with intensity so deserves a place in the playing 11.

BK like I have said before can be a really good bowler in tests when conditions are favourable for swing bowling like in England where he bowled brilliantly. But he will struggle to take wickets  when there is no swing on offer. I have not seen him bowl reverse swing which is an important skill for a bowler in India and other flat pattas to take wickets. So under such conditions at best he can block one end and go for less runs. Also don't think BK can sustain bowling at 135-140K throughout the day in test matches. 

Fast bowling attack in tests should be - Ishant, Umesh as the first 2 pacers on all pitches. 3rd pacer can be Shami/BK (depending upon condtions). Aaron can be in the reserves.

Don't think there is any debate regarding India's top 2 fast bowlers in ODI/T20 - BK and Bumrah.