Update:Rate Ganguly's All time XI & Sky sports team (Ramiz, Artheton, Warne) 90's and current XI .Pick yoursss........

11 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Not sure about the openers . Hayden is very overrated 

he probably has picked form players he has played with.

11 hours ago, Viper said:

Cook  and harden  nana 

Gilly for hayden ; cook for sehwag

For some weird reason he doesn't have a good wk in his team lol

When has Gilly opened in test cricket.

11 hours ago, Lala said:

Definitely, Sehwag is much better cricketer compares to Cook or Hayden

Hayden any day over Sehwag. Sehwag was not successful in all condiitons. Cook is also another someone who have scored runs everywhere. Same with Hayden. Both plays spin well too.

20 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Hayden any day over Sehwag. Sehwag was not successful in all condiitons. Cook is also another someone who have scored runs everywhere. Same with Hayden. Both plays spin well too.

Sehwag not successful in all condition:crazy:

1st thing his game wont be successful in all condition

Sa- scored a century on debut. 

Aus- scored a ton in melbourne in 2003, a tough pitch. Saved a test match in adeilade in 2008. Scored runs in World 11 vs Aus again where everyone struggled

Eng- scored 80+ in his 1st test in eng and then ton in his second test. This was his 1st tour he was sent to open

NZ- Failed in NZ. But then he was a huge success in ODI. The pitches he scored 2 tons in 2002 Odi was special . No one could have done that

Sri lanka- Galle test what he did to murali mendis when other had no idea how to play them

Pakistan - scored heavy there

India- again scored heavy 

Wi- Avg 51

He scored runs in every condition , consistency wont go with his game style but the impact he had on Indian team was huge. Lets not forget he wasnt an opener but pushed to and he scored really high on impact index. 

Rahul dravid avg 29 in SA, 33 in SL would you doubt his credential in all conditions. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Sehwag not successful in all condition:crazy:

1st thing his game wont be successful in all condition

Sa- scored a century on debut. 

Aus- scored a ton in melbourne in 2003, a tough pitch. Saved a test match in adeilade in 2008. Scored runs in World 11 vs Aus again where everyone struggled

Eng- scored 80+ in his 1st test in eng and then ton in his second test. This was his 1st tour he was sent to open

NZ- Failed in NZ. But then he was a huge success in ODI. The pitches he scored 2 tons in 2002 Odi was special . No one could have done that

Sri lanka- Galle test what he did to murali mendis when other had no idea how to play them

Pakistan - scored heavy there

India- again scored heavy 

Wi- Avg 51

He scored runs in every condition , consistency wont go with his game style but the impact he had on Indian team was huge. Lets not forget he wasnt an opener but pushed to and he scored really high on impact index. 

Rahul dravid avg 29 in SA, 33 in SL would you doubt his credential in all conditions. 

it is my personal opinion. I never found Sehwag reliable though he was a match winner on his day. I always lean towards players who I found more dependable who would value their wickets.

40 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

it is my personal opinion. I never found Sehwag reliable though he was a match winner on his day. I always lean towards players who I found more dependable who would value their wickets.

Thats a different thing, i agree to that he wasnt reliable. But him not doing well in all condition is wrong , yes it can be said he didnt do well consistently. The guy had his own work ethics and though process which gave him success but also bought his downfall. Around his end just felt he lost that hunger, Didnt work hard on his fitness which had to affect on his reflexes one day. 

Also he had a poor record while batting 2nd, but then when he clicked 2nd innings wasnt of gr8 importance left and after having so many issues yet the guy almost avg 50 which is no mean achievement. Like many he wasnt about patta wkts and avg attacks on his day he could do what no one could. 

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

In test matches, Sehwag was very consistent in Asia.  Averages 57  here.

Add to that his value as an impact player and match winner.

Which is why I have chosen  Sehwag in my test side to play in Asia. 

True , another one of my theories is Dependable batsman vs Match winners is 

•  Dependable batsman even if they work somewhat doesnt assure u victory, these guys can win u games or if not have they can have a  huge huge impact.  Guys like Gilchrist, sehwag, viv, Sobers had great avgs i really dont understand the perception of them being not dependable or consistent i mean even like of dravid, gavaskar had similar avg. Yes it can be said those guys put price on their wicket that was there advantage but these guys controlled the game which is their advantage now it depends what advantage we wanna choose. 
12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

True , another one of my theories is Dependable batsman vs Match winners is 

•  Dependable batsman even if they work somewhat doesnt assure u victory, these guys can win u games or if not have they can have a  huge huge impact.  Guys like Gilchrist, sehwag, viv, Sobers had great avgs i really dont understand the perception of them being not dependable or consistent i mean even like of dravid, gavaskar had similar avg. Yes it can be said those guys put price on their wicket that was there advantage but these guys controlled the game which is their advantage now it depends what advantage we wanna choose. 

Combining impact batsmen with those who put a price on their wickets , would perhaps give us the best team.  Having batsmen of only the 2nd kind, would result in more draws.

Edited by express bowling

13880270_899768780129877_766067442821884

Warne- "This morning @skysports asked Athers, Ramiz & myself to pick two world 11's ! 90's/00's & a Current one. This was the consensus after our selection meeting. Thoughts ? Agree / Disagree ? The two unlucky players to miss out in my opinion are Amla & Williamson. This is also a squad, the final 11 would be picked depending on conditions."

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

13880270_899768780129877_766067442821884

Warne- "This morning @skysports asked Athers, Ramiz & myself to pick two world 11's ! 90's/00's & a Current one. This was the consensus after our selection meeting. Thoughts ? Agree / Disagree ? The two unlucky players to miss out in my opinion are Amla & Williamson. This is also a squad, the final 11 would be picked depending on conditions."

In another thread , this same team was posted.

The commentary below seems to suggest that it a a combined '90s and '00s team.  Don't know how Anwar is picked in place of Sehwag then ?

25 minutes ago, express bowling said:

In another thread , this same team was posted.

The commentary below seems to suggest that it a a combined '90s and '00s team.  Don't know how Anwar is picked in place of Sehwag then ?

Mods can merge it. 

Anwar had a great record against mcgrath, warne n all. I always though the guy was really under rated. IF its post 2000 even hayden gilly missing also surprises me