Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

On 11/16/2016 at 2:04 PM, SUMO said:

hooda has 690 runs at strike rate of 75 but only 8 sixes !!!!
seems like he is good in playing percentage shots being such a big hitter, its a very good sign....exactly whats needed for a finisher.

pant on the other hand has 44 sixes ...insane stuff!!!

Hooda never seemed like a 6-hitter to me. Pant and Kishan are more aerial players I think.

Just now, SUMO said:

for RR he played some good finishing innings...he is tall and strongly built much like yousuf pathan, can clear boundaries with ease.

Didn't do much at Sunrisers if I recall right. I know that he has the build, but I felt that Pant, Kishan (and even Lomror) are more of six hitters than he is.

Just to be clear, of course I don't think that six hitting is the only thing that matters, esp in FC and Tests. His consistency has been excellent this season... if he'd converted that 98 to a 100, he'd have 4 of them already.

16 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Didn't do much at Sunrisers if I recall right. I know that he has the build, but I felt that Pant, Kishan (and even Lomror) are more of six hitters than he is.

Just to be clear, of course I don't think that six hitting is the only thing that matters, esp in FC and Tests. His consistency has been excellent this season... if he'd converted that 98 to a 100, he'd have 4 of them already.

may be u are right...but I think hooda can clear boundary with ease when he wants to consistency is inspiring and shows mental toughness to curb natural instinct and play according to situation...
a finisher who is consistent can be dhoni, hussey, bevan, klusenar ...but inconsistent one will just be maxwell, raina, 

9 hours ago, Vijy said:

His batting style reminds me of Kevin Pietersen. He is certainly powerful and used to his a lot of sixes at U19 level. IN one of the  U19 matches in a triseries played in India before 2014 under 19 WC, he did score 100 odd in 60 odd bowls with 5-6 sixes.

Edited by rkt.india
42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

His batting style reminds me of Kevin Pietersen. He is certainly powerful and used to his a lot of sixes at U19 level. IN one of the  U19 matches in a triseries played in India before 2012 under 19 WC, he did score 100 odd in 60 odd bowls with 5-6 sixes.

I have a feeling maybe he's trying to score more runs along the ground this season then, because Pant and Kishan have scored an obscenely high number of 6's.

7 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

It's laughable when people talk about Hooda, he is clearly a gifted bat, n hits big n without much effort, Pant is more like Yuvi a big swing

Seemed more like Raina to me - especially when he pulls off that hoick between long on and midwicket.

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Seemed more like Raina to me - especially when he pulls off that hoick between long on and midwicket.

He is a big guy, with great timing, not a slogger or hitter like Yusuf, he will play for India n he is as far from Raina as you can get, Raina's esp was the hitting arc, where he could at his wish hit balls between square of off to leg, Raina does not have this guys power

13 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yes a mix of Raina and Yuvi, shorter in height like Raina but more powerful and better timer like Yuvraj.

6 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

He is a big guy, with great timing, not a slogger or hitter like Yusuf, he will play for India n he is as far from Raina as you can get, Raina's esp was the hitting arc, where he could at his wish hit balls between square of off to leg, Raina does not have this guys power

He was talking about Pant.

Edited by rkt.india
1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

yes a mix of Raina and Yuvi, shoerter in height like Raina but more powerful and better timer like Yuvraj.

That's what I thought. His 6's and 4's in the U19 WC featured lots of shots that were very reminiscent of Yuvraj and Raina.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yes a mix of Raina and Yuvi, shoerter in height like Raina but more powerful and better timer like Yuvraj.

Amongst present domestic batsmen, I wonder whose batting is closest to Sehwag... was it Iyer last season? - I never saw him play.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Deepak Hooda has an average of 57.5 at a SR of 66  with 6 hundreds after playing 21 FC matches over 3 seasons.

Now, these are serious numbers for a guy who has played 33 innings spanning 3 seasons.

How is he against short deliveries and how is his off-stump game  ?

Dont think he is really great technique wise. 

deepak hooda looked like a hack at best a good hack (like maxwell, miller) in the ipl.
but his current ranji season is surprising to me, is he really that good technically to average high fifties.
With big hitting he will become a dhoni with good technique :giggle:

Edited by SUMO