Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Mohsin Sayyed and Babshafi Pathan are definitely quick. Even Unmukt Chand had about his pace during U19 days in his book. Babashafi I myself saw clocking close to 140K on his ranji debut 3 years back when he was 19.

i will keep a note of both these guys and track their performances...hope some ranji games are telecast in future..with so many sports channels , we expect some important domestic games also to be telecast.

No one is talking about brainder Sran... he is a guy with golden arm.

he was never too fast and still managed to get wickets and crazy thing about him is that I saw him bowling from 120k to 144k..his 6 balls in an over running from 131  137 139 143 like this.. lot of pace variation , line n length variation .. I guess he definitely has the brains and brawns.

I am not sure whether he bowled faster then 144k but I saw many balls between 140 to 144k too..

that's why he got too many wickets in his international stint and I guess as soon as he is FIT , he would be recalled.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

They are playing u22. Chahar is good. I would like him to play in England along with Boobie. We need to play horses for courses there. We need swing bowlers there.

England is having some flat racks too nowadays.

During the Pakistan series, the conditions were not always conducive to swing.

Umesh is a swing bowler too, if there is swing on offer.

My bowlers in England would be Shami, Bhuvi, Umesh, Pandya and Ashwin.

Ofcourse, with the series 18 months away...we may get some new swing bowlers with pace.

4 hours ago, SUMO said:

we need one more first class tournament apart from ranji to test our the best cream talents ( ranji is necessary for nationwide participation but gives too much room for mediocre guys to inflate their avgs against minnow sides)
duleep trophy should be made more prestigious like shefield sheild 5-6 teams affair not zonal but selectors pick

One more thing, our domestic players get to play only 8 first class matches per year, if your teams doesn't reach knockouts
2-3 more if selected for duleep and irani trophy

provision should be made to play 15-16 matches a year like english county
if u look at guys like bairstow butler hales stokes they played 100 first class at so young age of 25-26

our best talents thats why develop so late look at rahul not even 50 first class so far

• Duleep Trophy should have a league structure with many matches.
  • There should be 5 teams ...India Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and White
  • There should be more A-team series.
Edited by express bowling

Guess Harbhajan hasn't played a single game this season. Unhappy with the wickets? - Ronak, he told us earlier in the season that he wasn't entirely match fit and wanted to spend time with his family. Fair call, there. It's only when players pick and choose does it hurt a team. He's also a judge in the new season of the popular TV show ROADIES

This idiot should not be allowed to play IPL 

Delhi needs to take a big lead here and win out right. Hopefully, Karnataka will do the same against Maharashtra and won't let them win. If Delhi wins and Maharashtra don't,Delhi will be looking good for the playoffs. However, last game between Jharkhamd and Odisha will be crucial tie. If Jharkhand can keep Odisha calm, Delhi will make it to the next round comfortably. 

3 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

He earned his place for next year duleep trophy and ROI....

Not sure about his technique

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Duleep Trophy will he televised right?

3 minutes ago, SUMO said:

very average batsman...
going through best form of his life

Maybe coming of age?

3 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Positives ....

Chama got a 5fer

Kuldeep is 77 not out

Pant 49(27)....highest run better from both the innings

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Kuldeep getting runs is very good news.  If he wants to challenge Jayant's position and be the 5th bowler in tests played in India, then he needs to be a decent batsman.

Pant actually made 40 off 28 balls...in a very low scoring match...it does add extra value to his knock.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

That is great to know. I rather have average players, late boomers since they become more solid players at international level than some god gifted talented players. 

see late bloomers are those who start first class cricket a bit late say at 23-24 like murli vijay, kedar  ... they had talent but developed late because started playing late
but if you are playing for 7-8 years and still avg like 38 ( take out panchal's 314* last innings ) then its not impressive
it doesn't mean he can't play for india no matter what but I will demand 2 back to back good seasons not just one from him, if he can do this he is really good 

moreover it will be grave injustice to take panchal before bawne, vihari, herwadker, iyer, mandeep, pandey, sheldon, etc
who are proving themselves every season

same mistake was done when we selected faiz fazal just on the backing of one good season

3 minutes ago, SUMO said:

see late bloomers are those who start first class cricket a bit late say at 23-24 like murli vijay, kedar  ... they had talent but developed late because started playing late
but if you are playing for 7-8 years and still avg like 38 ( take out panchal's 314* last innings ) then its not impressive
it doesn't mean he can't play for india no matter what but I will demand 2 back to back good seasons not just one from him, if he can do this he is really good 

moreover it will be grave injustice to take panchal before bawne, vihari, herwadker, iyer, mandeep, pandey, sheldon, etc
who are proving themselves every season

same mistake was done when we selected faiz fazal just on the backing of one good season

Surely it will be wrong as you mentioned. I am all for the others to be picked ahead of him, but calling someone average is my concern. These are the top Ranji players for the season.