So how long is the rope for Saha?

Austin 3:!6

9 hours ago, Khota said:

This is a simple denial by you. Higher drops per match would lead to fewer catches but facts dont support that. 

You can do better than that.

Use your brain. If lower catches per match is due to higher drops, then all Indian wicketkeepers are second class citizens to Aussies. Or maybe higher catches or matches is due to what the bowling attack does. 

6 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Of course they are reported in the commentary feed. Nothing subjective about a dropped catch. 

Not in cricket. If you want to do it correctly start doing it like baseball and keep a scoresheet with Errors. 

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Use your brain. If lower catches per match is due to higher drops, then all Indian wicketkeepers are second class citizens to Aussies. Or maybe higher catches or matches is due to what the bowling attack does. 

Let me ask you a simple yes or no question.

If wkt kpr A is much better than wkt kpr B in taking catches will it not show up in his stats?

I know your answer but I thought I should give you one more opportunity. 

37 minutes ago, Khota said:

Let me ask you a simple yes or no question.

If wkt kpr A is much better than wkt kpr B in taking catches will it not show up in his stats?

I know your answer but I thought I should give you one more opportunity. 

It may or may not show up, as catches per match depends on how many chances bowlers create. In the 90s, one of the worst wicketkeepers was the West Indian keeper junior Murray. Who has better catches per matches than Mongia, one of the best catchers of that decade. Why ? Because Ambrose, Walsh and Bishop generated way more catching opportunities than the likes of Srinath, Prasad etc.

10 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

It may or may not show up, as catches per match depends on how many chances bowlers create. In the 90s, one of the worst wicketkeepers was the West Indian keeper junior Murray. Who has better catches per matches than Mongia, one of the best catchers of that decade. Why ? Because Ambrose, Walsh and Bishop generated way more catching opportunities than the likes of Srinath, Prasad etc.

Incorrect. There is no Courtney Walsh vs Srinath comparison. Both Saha and Patel have the same set of bowlers so your argument is deeply flawed.

If you dont like Parthiv just say it like a man and I will be fine.

47 minutes ago, Khota said:

Incorrect. There is no Courtney Walsh vs Srinath comparison. Both Saha and Patel have the same set of bowlers so your argument is deeply flawed.

If you dont like Parthiv just say it like a man and I will be fine.

Except they don't. Saha never kept to Kumble, Zaheer etc. Parthiv did.

I think I made it clear I don't like Parthiv because he is a crap keeper. This match alone he's dropped as many as Saha has dropped entire 2017. That makes Saha way better keeper.

Just now, Muloghonto said:

Except they don't. Saha never kept to Kumble, Zaheer etc. Parthiv did.

I think I made it clear I don't like Parthiv because he is a crap keeper. This match alone he's dropped as many as Saha has dropped entire 2017. That makes Saha way better keeper.

The quality of bowling is the same and there is express fast bowler that both had to keep for. You cannot say with certainty that Saha would have got those. If you look at stats Saha is no better.

3 minutes ago, Khota said:

The quality of bowling is the same and there is express fast bowler that both had to keep for. You cannot say with certainty that Saha would have got those. If you look at stats Saha is no better.

The quality of bowling isn't the same. Kumble was much harder to face and much more destructive at home than any bowler since. That includes Ashwin.

I have already explained to you why catches/matches stat is deeply flawed and you have not presented any counter to it.

What we can say, as a fact, is Parthiv has dropped as many in this match as Saha has dropped entire last year. Sure, we can't say for sure, but law of probability dictates that Saha most likely would've caught more than Parthiv did this match due to being a superior keeper.

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

The quality of bowling isn't the same. Kumble was much harder to face and much more destructive at home than any bowler since. That includes Ashwin.

I have already explained to you why catches/matches stat is deeply flawed and you have not presented any counter to it.

What we can say, as a fact, is Parthiv has dropped as many in this match as Saha has dropped entire last year. Sure, we can't say for sure, but law of probability dictates that Saha most likely would've caught more than Parthiv did this match due to being a superior keeper.

No it is not. If one person cannot catch he will have fewer catches. That is easy peasy to understand.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

No it is not. If one person cannot catch he will have fewer catches. That is easy peasy to understand.

If bowlers generate 10x less chances, the wicketkeeper will have way less catches.
This is demonstrated by the fact that practically every Aussie/Saffie keeper has way more catches/match for the last 25 years than ANY Indian or SL keeper.

Also very easy peasy to understand.

Until you can counter this point, there is no basis to the catches/matches idea.

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

If bowlers generate 10x less chances, the wicketkeeper will have way less catches.
This is demonstrated by the fact that practically every Aussie/Saffie keeper has way more catches/match for the last 25 years than ANY Indian or SL keeper.

Also very easy peasy to understand.

Until you can counter this point, there is no basis to the catches/matches idea.

Both Parthiv and Saha have the same set of Indian bowlers. One was not keeping for Aussies and other for Indians.

20 minutes ago, Khota said:

Both Parthiv and Saha have the same set of Indian bowlers. One was not keeping for Aussies and other for Indians.

Except that is a false statement, as Saha has been keeping for only 2-3 years and Parthiv has played with bowlers like Kumble, Zaheer, Harbhajan- who Saha has never played with.

The Aussies vs Indians was an example of why catches/matches cannot be used to evaluate keepers, unless you believe that ALL Indian keepers are worse than ALL Aussie keepers.