Jadeja's batting today. Turning point for him?

sandeep

Jadeja and Ashwin in SENA from 2018:-

Ashwin 15 matches 46 wickets, AVG 30.8

Bat avg 17, 446 runs(29 innings)

Jadeja 11 matches 30 wickets, AVG 30.3

Bat avg 32, 490 runs(18 innings)

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;home_or_away=3;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=5;orderby=runs;qualmin1=20;qualval1=wickets;spanmin2=08+Mar+2016;spanval2=span;team=6;template=results;type=allround

Edited by Majestic
1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Im not being disrespectful of Jaddu, as I love him. (there is a story to this for my bias, I met him briefly in Australia)

I just though that Axar was just so unplayable vs England. Yes he was more deadly, his height is an asset.

yes, he is deadly. his release point is only a little less low than beanpole Jamieson. he gets a lot of bounce. and he varies his angles cleverly.

57 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yes, he is deadly. his release point is only a little less low than beanpole Jamieson. he gets a lot of bounce. and he varies his angles cleverly.

Add to the fact that most teams are not acclimatized to facing a tall spinner and definitely is a weapon, that is difficult to practice against.

4 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Add to the fact that most teams are not acclimatized to facing a tall spinner and definitely is a weapon, that is difficult to practice against.

yes, he will be hard to confront, unlike what some dinguses on other threads implied.

On 3/8/2022 at 2:22 AM, SRT100 said:

Im not being disrespectful of Jaddu, as I love him. (there is a story to this for my bias, I met him briefly in Australia)

I just though that Axar was just so unplayable vs England. Yes he was more deadly, his height is an asset.

How was it?

Axar and even Kuldeep will have good Test career. I still believe in Kuldeep as far as Tests are concerned

3 hours ago, Lord said:

How was it?

Axar and even Kuldeep will have good Test career. I still believe in Kuldeep as far as Tests are concerned

He wasnt playing but part of the squad of the Indian touring party.

In Australia, it was a lot easier to get up and close to the Indian players. He was practicing his bowling in the nets out at the back of the MCG where you need members access to be this close and to have access to this area. There was a group of Aussie supporters watching along with me, where I was there wearing my Indian ODI T shirt. He must have requested security to remove all of them but they singled me out and allowed  me stay. After he finished his bowling, he said hello, we exchanged pleasantries and asked me if I was born here and what it was like. That was about the jest of it. Friendly guy was my impression that took the time to say hello to a fan. Mind you as I said its a lot easier to do in Australia, where there is just one person watching you train and no security issues to be concerned about.

10 hours ago, Lord said:

How was it?

I want him to succeed. My favorite spinner Kuldeep. But by now all teams are aware of his lack of aggressive approach that a leggie needs even when get hit around. It is such a difficult art as it is.  But if you give a hint that you will fall apart if they attack you, good batsmen won't spare you.  He has to be extremely aggressive.  Kumble/Warne both were aggressive even when they were hit around.  Rashid khan currently is very aggressive.  He has to put a pause on his limited over ambitions and work solely towards having good first class numbers to break into tests.  One good thing for him is he doesn't have much of a competition in wrist spin. As a china man bowler he is unique. Only one i believe.  Bishnoi,  Markhende are promising. But not fully ready for Tests. May be Markhende definitely not Bishnoi.

6 hours ago, SRT100 said:

He wasnt playing but part of the squad of the Indian touring party.

In Australia, it was a lot easier to get up and close to the Indian players. He was practicing his bowling in the nets out at the back of the MCG where you need members access to be this close and to have access to this area. There was a group of Aussie supporters watching along with me, where I was there wearing my Indian ODI T shirt. He must have requested security to remove all of them but they singled me out and allowed  me stay. After he finished his bowling, he said hello, we exchanged pleasantries and asked me if I was born here and what it was like. That was about the jest of it. Friendly guy was my impression that took the time to say hello to a fan. Mind you as I said its a lot easier to do in Australia, where there is just one person watching you train and no security issues to be concerned about.

nice anecdote. were/are you based in melbourne? a fine city.