Outside cricket, what has Tendulkar been for India ?

narenpande1

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

What do you mean India made him? Did people of this country vote for him to make it to the Indian side?

He made it because of "his talent"  "his hard work and focus"..now you might say does everyone succeed if they have talent and focus....now that becomes due to "his luck".

So where does he owe anyone anything?

What gratitude....people liked sachin on their own free will....so what gratitude?

He played cricket for  " India " not any club or country. 

It is " India " that gave him the opportunity. It is the boom of the " Indian economy"  and subsequent sponsorship that enriched him.

It is " India " where he lives.

Can I make it simpler ? 

It is this sort of deeply regrettable attitude towards social responsibility and demi god worship because of which alot of our problems as a nation are self inflicted.

It is also alarming to see that much richer societies for all their wealth have a much better attitude towards social responsibility.

Over here in India....people consider it totally optional in the name of idol/demigod worship.

Edited by narenpande1

4 minutes ago, narenpande1 said:

It is " India " that gave him the opportunity. It is the boom of the " Indian economy"  and subsequent sponsorship that enriched him.

Can I make it simpler ? 

It is this sort of deeply regrettable attitude towards social responsibility and demi god worship because of which alot of our problems as a nation are self inflicted.

It is also alarming to see that much richer societies for all their wealth have a much better attitude towards social responsibility.

Over here in India....people consider it totally optional in the name of idol/demigod worship.

Over here? lol

So you're in India now

9 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Sachin needed India?

Um say what? Yeah I needed India too. Everyone needs something. This op is a strange case. he dislike Sachin and Ganguly and Harbhajan for some reason but Dravid is perfect. He can do no wrong.

This is a forum..forums are meant to debate and discuss. 

Just now, narenpande1 said:

This is a forum..forums are meant to debate and discuss. 

Of course. no one is arguing that. you are free to do whatever you like. no one is locking this thread or prohibiting you from posting. you just need to stop with the name calling and provide better arguments.

10 minutes ago, narenpande1 said:

Can I make it simpler ? 

He played for India because he was the best available resource and talented.

What do you mean India gave him that oppurtunity...you mean BCCI selectors stand for India?

Point taken-he lives in India...he has done charity as already mentioned.

So what about Amitabh Bacchan,Shahrukh Khan,Dhoni etc etc...the list will go on and on.

You talk about Hollywood stars or other celebrities contributing more....so hear me out....after a certain tax bracket you have to give out money either as charity to save Tax $'s if not you end up paying tax to the government be it in India or America..in Sachin's case apart from the isolated ferrari incident,I have never heard he evaded taxes or has black money....so that there itself he has contributed enough...now add to that his adopting villages,or taking care of education of poor children,he has done more than enough...if he does more than great...I will salute him but you can't enforce this charity on people....As long as he is being a good citizen he is fine.

Edited by maniac

1 minute ago, laaloo said:

Of course. no one is arguing that. you are free to do whatever you like. no one is locking this thread or prohibiting you from posting. you just need to stop with the name calling and provide better arguments.

Where have indulged in name calling after being asked not to ?

I have already provided the arguments...for which the only counter has been..social responsibility is a optional and a non starter.

People are expecting Sachin to overtake BCCI, get Risbab pant in, select his own players, remove nepotism, get DRS for all games, solve world hunger, adopt all kids, save Malaika Arora Khans marriage, select big boss contestants, solve world poverty, save endangered species, etc

what else did i miss?

1 minute ago, narenpande1 said:

Where have indulged in name calling after being asked not to ?

I have already provided the arguments...for which the only counter has been..social responsibility is a optional and a non starter.

SO how do you define social responsibility? is it by just giving hand outs? he is paying his taxes...no case of tax fraud...he is for a large part non-controversial...he even refused to sponsor alcohol..what more do you want?

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

He played for India because he was the best available resource and talented.

What do you mean India gave him that oppurtunity...you mean BCCI selectors stand for India?

Point taken-he lives in India...he has done charity as already mentioned.

So what about Amitabh Bacchan,Shahrukh Khan,Dhoni etc etc...the list will go on and on.

You talk about Hollywood stars or other celebrities contributing more....so hear me out....after a certain tax bracket you have to give out money to save Tax $'s if not you end up paying tax to the government be it in India or America....in Sachin's case apart from the isolated ferrari incident,I have never heard he evaded taxes or has black money....so that there itself he has contributed enough...now add to that his adopting villages,or taking care of education of poor children,he has done more than enough...if he does more than great...I will salute him but you can't enforce this charity on people....As long as he is being a good citizen he is fine.

Unbelievable...the amount of lies and nonsensical constant hype that goes on about what he has done...

Every MP as part of PMs Gram Yojana funds has to " adopt" a village where they want the MP  funds to go.

he has not done anybody any favor...it is not out of his personal money that he has adopted. It is the govt MP funds.

Even you and I can adopt villages on MP funds if we are given a Rajya Sabha ticket by an opportunist political party.

Edited by narenpande1

So there was this squeaky little guy who was good at his job. He was an entertainer; people loved him, sponsors threw money at him. It was a win-win for everybody - people were entertained, sponsors got the eyeballs they needed to stay relevant, the squeaky little guy got the money.

It was capitalism at work. A good business transaction where all parties contributed in some form or the other and got what they wanted in return.

So who owed what to whom? The audience, who applauded the performance and were genuinely enthralled by it? The sponsors, who advertised their product and reaped profits? The squeaky little guy, who was exceedingly good at his job and got the salary and applause he deserved?

4 hours ago, maniac said:

What do you mean India made him? Did people of this country vote for him to make it to the Indian side?

He made it because of "his talent"  "his hard work and focus"now you might say does everyone succeed if they have talent and focus....now that becomes due to "his luck".

So where does he owe anyone anything?

What gratitude....people liked sachin on their own free will....so what gratitude?

I think it's up to the individual at that  position to think whether he owes anything. Legally he doesn't owe anything obviously..... different people are different.... some at that position may feel that they owe everything to the society or to the country

besides obviously his talent and hardwork, he attained the status that he attained because of chutiyapa/foolish of many of his fans who come across as lame and repulsive fans...

Note that no one here is a hater.... people wish well for Sachin fans as well but many of Sachin fans come across as pitiable chutiyas....

38 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I think it's up to the individual at that  position to think whether he owes anything. Legally he doesn't owe anything obviously..... different people are different.... some at that position may feel that they owe everything to the society or to the country

besides obviously his talent and hardwork, he attained the status that he attained because of chutiyapa/foolish of many of his fans who come across as lame and repulsive fans...

Note that no one here is a hater.... people wish well for Sachin fans as well but many of Sachin fans come across as pitiable chutiyas....

Ha bhai chalo hum chutiyes hai. Maan liya. Dravid, Dhoni fans are good outstanding citizens. Lekin hum chutiyes hai

10 hours ago, laaloo said:

yeah no doubt but i'm not giving lectures about it

There is no lecture. Not everyone is to be called a "servant of the country"  - even if they are residing and working for Govt or private corporation in India. That's reducing the importance of the term and using it academically. SRT was a great batsman and became a billionaire as a result, not a servant of India.

Edited by fineleg

38 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Ha bhai chalo hum chutiyes hai. Maan liya. Dravid, Dhoni fans are good outstanding citizens. Lekin hum chutiyes hai

Don't take it personally dear brother, You are better than me in every aspect ...

But coming to the topic, I think Dravid, Dhoni fans are largely OK they don't come across nearly as unreasonable and foolish as Sachin fans do.

10 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Don't take it personally dear brother, You are better than me in every aspect ...

But coming to the topic, I think Dravid, Dhoni fans are largely OK they don't come across nearly as unreasonable and foolish as Sachin fans do.

Chalo that's better. Being foolish is way better than being a chutiya

13 minutes ago, fineleg said:

There is no lecture. Not everyone is to be called a "servant of the country"  - even if they are residing and working for Govt or private corporation in India. That's reducing the importance of the term and using it academically. SRT was a great batsman and became a billionaire as a result, not a servant of India.

You're also an NRI. Why are you giving lecture on what Indians in  India should do?

6 hours ago, narenpande1 said:

If you are comparing Roger Binny and Madan Lal to jayasuriya you have clearly lost it ...please give up on cricket.

Jayasuriya was an allrounder ..a great ODI match winner. ..the second most number of man of the match awards in ODIs...you clearly don't understand cricket... LOL

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/wi/content/records/283705.html

He had better stats as an ODI all rounder than Kapil dev did as a test all rounder.

dude how does one have a better ODI stat than a test stat, thats not even possible they are two different games.