The USA/CANADA Thread

If you guys want, I can change this to USA/Canada cricket thread as title as that could be appropriate so we can even discuss Canadian cricket here. Or we can change it to Cricket in the Americas(there is a fb group also with this name which is popular among American and Canadian players and fans) or we can make it Associate nations thread.

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

its funny to see Yankee vs Cannuck playout between two indian origin guys...hehe...really are you sure. 

Hahaha funny enough. If there is a India vs Canada match, I would support Canada. That's because we guys are part of the club cricket culture and see the hard work and commitment our national players (without money and findings) put in cold on 10 degrees days months after months. Practicing on indoor concretes for 8 months, only guys in North America wouldundrstand the pain. 

24 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

If you guys want, I can change this to USA/Canada cricket thread as title as that could be appropriate so we can even discuss Canadian cricket here. Or we can change it to Cricket in the Americas(there is a fb group also with this name which is popular among American and Canadian players and fans) or we can make it Associate nations thread.

Name it USA/Canada Thread

Lot of big names in the ongoing US open cricket tournament which is taking place in Florida. All windies t20 stars like Evin Lewis, Bravo brothers, Lendl Simmons as well as Sunil Narine playing.

Today Sunil Narine and former Indian under 19 Netravalkar saved the day for California Bears. Check the scorecard.

http://www.cricketcouncilusa.com/live/scorecard/a30b1db6bff3790513b837ee/koDhduSMRuid8y9xR

Who cares about US or Canada cricket 

the line ups for both Us and Canada will usually  be something like this

guruvinder singh

raman kumar

kumara wertimuny ramasinghe

abdul bashir 

mohamad ashrafagullah

sumit sehgal

ravindra srinivasan 

token black guy from carribean 1

token black guy from Caribbean 2

tom to make up space

dick to make up space

harry to make up space

Edited by maniac
On 10/26/2017 at 12:11 PM, maniac said:

Who cares about US or Canada cricket 

the line ups for both Us and Canada will usually  be something like this

guruvinder singh

raman kumar

kumara wertimuny ramasinghe

abdul bashir 

mohamad ashrafagullah

sumit sehgal

ravindra srinivasan 

token black guy from carribean 1

token black guy from Caribbean 2

tom to make up space

dick to make up space

harry to make up space

:giggle:

7 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Don't you dare insult the United States of America. Just because we are a weak cricket team with colorful names it does not mean we can't beat India! We can literally pay your players to lose!

dude everyone knows you are pakistani, dont try to say you were born in US etc..its very apparent you are from pakistan from your content and diction, dont feel inferior about your own country.

22 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Don't you dare insult the United States of America. Just because we are a weak cricket team with colorful names it does not mean we can't beat India! We can literally pay your players to lose!

Is this one of your intellectual statements? :laugh:

I  mean seriously??? You do yourselves no favors...do you even think through these statements through ?

Edited by maniac
22 hours ago, Khota said:

Cricket has no future in US. None. Only immigrants will play it and their next generation will not play it.

If Americans means Gora people for you, then let me remind you that real Americans were Native Americans. Unlike UK americans weren’t White folks. They looked more Hispanic and are called Native Americans. So basically every gora whom you referring to American are son of immigrants.

ost olayers playing in USA team are citizens of USA, either born here or moved here long time ago barring few. They are as American as you are Indian just that their name sounds Indian or Pakistani because that is where they come from. America is nationa of Immigrants. White people aren’t only Americans. But in India they don’t teach American History so i understand. 

28 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Lmao Who said I will give you any. I only give intelligent people intelligent statements.

Whoa look at you smart comeback and all....

”we guys” will throw  money to make Indians lose- another gem from you

Lol looks like you can take a Pakistani out of Pakistan but cantake the Pakistaniyat out of him :laugh: 

16 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

If Americans means Gora people for you, then let me remind you that real Americans were Native Americans. Unlike UK americans weren’t White folks. They looked more Hispanic and are called Native Americans. So basically every gora whom you referring to American are son of immigrants.

ost olayers playing in USA team are citizens of USA, either born here or moved here long time ago barring few. They are as American as you are Indian just that their name sounds Indian or Pakistani because that is where they come from. America is nationa of Immigrants. White people aren’t only Americans. But in India they don’t teach American History so i understand. 

There is a difference between an actual American Citizen of any ethnicity playing cricket for his country and a failed domestic cricketer from one of the cricket nations playing for USA...that does nothing for the game.

you will always have some stories like South African immigrant who played school level cricket with Kevin Pietersen or an Australian immigrant who played Grade 6 Sheffield shield  cricket or an Indian guy who played u-19 cricket for Railways before moving to US as an IT programmer lol.

These types just make up the numbers. Cricket is a professional sport now...you know how much dedication and a life style choice it is?

You cannot be part time and hack it in internationals.

That is why can’t take US and Canada cricket seriously.

Edited by maniac
40 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

What I am saying is that only the first generation are interested. Following generations love their baseball and basketball. There is no room for cricket in the calendar.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

What I am saying is that only the first generation are interested. Following generations love their baseball and basketball. There is no room for cricket in the calendar.

That is understandable because these other sports have ruled this country. Now if you have Americans come to India and try to make NFL team to participate in some world NFL competion which if they might decide to have in the future, then you would see players of American descent getting picked more in the team, just because its not an indian thing. Simply because its not an Indian thing to play NFL football and it will take a generation to turn it around. Todays USA cricketers will be co sideded pioneers for what will be a solid USA crixket team in the near future. 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

There is a difference between an actual American Citizen of any ethnicity playing cricket for his country and a failed domestic cricketer from one of the cricket nations playing for USA...that does nothing for the game.

you will always have some stories like South African immigrant who played school level cricket with Kevin Pietersen or an Australian immigrant who played Grade 6 Sheffield shield  cricket or an Indian guy who played u-19 cricket for Railways before moving to US as an IT programmer lol.

These types just make up the numbers. Cricket is a professional sport now...you know how much dedication and a life style choice it is?

You cannot be part time and hack it in internationals.

That is why can’t take US and Canada cricket seriously.

A lot of them have not played top level cricket in India and failed. Many just learned. What you mentioned doesn’t hold truth for current youth cricket which has changed in USA since you and me immigrated to USA. When we came here, players who failed to do much in their home countries were the national players. Today the trend is changing and all the under 19 cricketers are USA born players, who are slowly transitioning into USA national side.

So even though there is lot of truth in what you said, transition which we all expected is happening. You won’t believe how many youth leagues and teams there are around USA now and how well organized they are that they are touring from state to state to play kids of different counties. A lot of these kids are born here and some of them have made it to USA national squad now. Thinfs will be different in 10 years.

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

A lot of them have not played top level cricket in India and failed. Many just learned. What you mentioned doesn’t hold truth for current youth cricket which has changed in USA since you and me immigrated to USA. When we came here, players who failed to do much in their home countries were the national players. Today the trend is changing and all the under 19 cricketers are USA born players, who are slowly transitioning into USA national side.

So even though there is lot of truth in what you said, transition which we all expected is happening. You won’t believe how many youth leagues and teams there are around USA now and how well organized they are that they are touring from state to state to play kids of different counties. A lot of these kids are born here and some of them have made it to USA national squad now. Thinfs will be different in 10 years.

I am surprised at that. People could care less about cricket in US or canada.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

USA vs Nepal today in Abu Dhabi. USA has won the toss and are going to field first. My friend Adil is playing today.

Lets go USA

they should run a contest that -Which player’s favorite singer is Udit Narayan....people will not be able to figure our that if that player is from USA or Nepal.

Here is the profile of the USA team

guruvinder singh- real estate broker from San Diego California ...Opening batsman

raman kumar- lives in New York New York.... works in a law firm as an administrative officer....Opening batsman

kumara wertimuny ramasinghe- Self employed...owns a mobile accessory stall in the mall of America in Minneapolis Minnesota ...Wicket Keeper 

abdul bashir - lives in Chicago Illinois.Son of an Indian/Pakistani restaurant owner on Devon street....Phaast bowler

mohamad ashrafagullah- lives in Edison New Jersey works as a manager at Pepboys Auto parts....Spin Bowling allrounder 

sumit sehgal- lives in Pittsburgh PA with his parents who both are doctors-Full time

cricketer...Middle order bat and part time medium pacer

Ravindra srinivasan- was Murali Karthik’s team

mate at u-19 railways team....moved to USA on H1 through Wipro..now works as an independent IT consultant in Newark,New Jersey....Middle order bat and part time spinner.

token black guy from carribean 1- lives in Miami Florida....works as a docker in the Miami port....phaaast bowler

token black guy from Caribbean 2- lives in Cincinnati Ohio....works as a prison guard...Middle order hitter

tom to make up space-immigrant from South Africa ...full name Tom leek de teets...played 6th grade cricket with Kevin Pietersen...married to a model...lives in Los Angeles California....batsman

dick to make up space-immigrant from Australia...full name Dick Tracy lives in San Francisco California ....manager at an e-commerce company ...was a ball boy once at a Sheffield shield grade D game....bits and pieces cricketer

harry to make up space- full name Harry Styles....from Dallas Texas...was in a special ed program after school and picked up a cricket bat as an after school activity.....batsman

Edited by maniac