Rahul Dravid rejects honorary doctorate

msplash9

47 minutes ago, maniac said:

Glad you added that disclaimer to legitimize every thing you said :clap:

There is nothing specifically needed to legitimize sachin was the only saving grace in 90s. we had some horrible players in 90s. Our away tours are  white wash always. I  remember we used to get all out 100 and 80 runs so many times against SA.Australian tours are horrible as well.. I still stand on criticism for sachin for not using properly the rajya sabha seat. 

8 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Not sure why Sachin's performance in the Rajya Sabha should be beyond question. That he was a great batsman has nothing to do with his performance in the Rajya Sabha.

Seriously. Call Sachin short, and someone or the other here will get upset and want to argue about that too.

You are missing the point....not even the hardcore of Sachin fans  on here  have ever defended SRT's Rajya-sabha performance or the lack of it on this forum. 

This thread is a primary example-It was a good gesture by Dravid which everyone has acknowledged...all of a sudden it becomes about SRT's flaws?

The other scenario being -people are discussing something that has to do with Sachin's cricket be it stats,his on-field performance or comparison with another great of his era and all of a sudden when the argument is not going in favor of the one's arguing against Sachin, his Rajya Sabha performance is brought up.

Now in such scenarios either the Sachin fans are trolling or getting trolled which ends up in defending something like this. Fans atleast on this forum are mature enough to differentiate Sachin the cricketer from Sachin the person

Edited by maniac
3 hours ago, maniac said:

You are missing the point....not even the hardcore of Sachin fans  on here  have ever defended SRT's Rajya-sabha performance or the lack of it on this forum. 

This thread is a primary example-It was a good gesture by Dravid which everyone has acknowledged...all of a sudden it becomes about SRT's flaws?

The other scenario being -people are discussing something that has to do with Sachin's cricket be it stats,his on-field performance or comparison with another great of his era and all of a sudden when the argument is not going in favor of the one's arguing against Sachin, his Rajya Sabha performance is brought up.

Now in such scenarios either the Sachin fans are trolling or getting trolled which ends up in defending something like this. Fans atleast on this forum are mature enough to differentiate Sachin the cricketer from Sachin the person

My comment was about dravid not accepting the honorary degree and sachin accepting something he couldn't do justice. If only sachin could have rejected the rajya sabha seat. 

18 hours ago, gattaca said:

My comment was about dravid not accepting the honorary degree and sachin accepting something he couldn't do justice. If only sachin could have rejected the rajya sabha seat. 

Sachin rejected a multi-million dollar contract to endorse alcohol...Dravid played for RCB a sister company of a liquor brand....so Dravid has no morals then?

Yes the dragging SRT into this as stupid as the above comparison.

Sachin rejected a multi-million dollar contract to endorse alcohol...Dravid played for RCB a sister company of a liquor brand....so Dravid has no morals then?

Yes the dragging SRT into this as stupid as the above comparison.

Dravid was assigned to Bangalore as marquee player even before the franchises were bought IIRC

@beetle  did you even read my post before marking me down...I said it is stupid to drag another player to prove a point...there is nothing wrong with Rahul Dravid playing for RCB ...the fact that  to drag another player without relevance  to prove a personal agenda is stupid....SRT refused to sponsor alcohol..great let us appreciate and move on....similarly this gesture by Dravid was great....why bring the other players into it.

it has become a fad to cry on sachin for everything...

its not like sachin keeps saying "Iam king khan" at every press meet or anything? he hardly says he is one of the best batsmen of his own era... I agree that he is very stingy with praising others. he did not pay as much rich tributes to warne, lara, akram and rd as they did to him... its true he is stingy with praise and even when he praises others it sounds very rehearsed and generic. but neither did that man care for praise coming from other people. he never gets upset if rd or ganguly tommorrow dont include him in their all time XI. he is that type.

rahul dravid is a gentleman i agree. probably the greatest character in cricket of our generation. but why should sachin try and reach rahul dravid's greatness of personal character? because cricket is not a competition of who is the greater human being. it is about who is the greater player when their team needs them to deliver.. That and that alone is the criteria in competitive sport.

he was neither a great character like rd nor an arrogant person like kp

he neither praises others to the sky nor expects such things from others.

and YES, if a honorary doctorate is given to him, he will take it... and trust me there is nothing wrong with that. Because like i already said the careers of Warne, Sachin, akram, rd, punter, kallis and lara is itself like triple PHd in some very difficult science not possible by mere mortals.

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
On 1/28/2017 at 0:34 AM, maniac said:

@beetle  did you even read my post before marking me down...I said it is stupid to drag another player to prove a point...there is nothing wrong with Rahul Dravid playing for RCB ...the fact that  to drag another player without relevance  to prove a personal agenda is stupid....SRT refused to sponsor alcohol..great let us appreciate and move on....similarly this gesture by Dravid was great....why bring the other players into it.

Your comparison was stupid. Players don't get to decide who they play for .It is an auction.

You dare comparing any player with their GOD , that player gets abused and you see class less posts for his fans . Go to twitter or any SN sites , the biggest abuses Dravid , Dhoni and these days Virat gets it is from Tendulkar fans . 

Lol even Maria sharapova wasn't spared . 

What was the need to drag Tendulkar in this thread?You want to compare with Tendulkar well almost every batsman bar Bradman will be made to look like a fool.

On 1/26/2017 at 2:36 PM, kira said:

You don't make any sense, do you know the difference between strike rates of top order and lower order batsmen? 140 off 100 balls is not the same as 14 of 10 balls, you really need to accelerate at the end of innings,  whether it is his fault or not, he can't claim to be the 2nd best batsman if he only faces 10-12 balls per innings. It is a real shame such noob fans have the audacity to criticize sachin :facepalm:

Which idiot told you that a top order batsmen have lower SR ? 6 overs of pp is here you target a minimum of 50 runs , that's a SR of 150

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

What was the need to drag Tendulkar in this thread?You want to compare with Tendulkar well almost every batsman bar Bradman will be made to look like a fool.

He should not have been dragged in here , in fact I have a lot of respect for Tendulkar and I don't see a big deal in him accepting RS seat . He doesn't have to be live RD and vice versa .

As as for comparing , I rate match winners higher and when it mattered there are other players who stepped up more than him . I would pick Dravid and VVS in tests and Dhoni and Virat ahead of him for my team . What Tendulkar achieved was unique though , as a complete package he's ahead of others  . On the other hand I would argue Tendulkar was probably better than Bradman , Lara , Ponting etc . just for having this opinion , I have been called a hater and what not . Feel sorry for the great man for having such fans .

15 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

He should not have been dragged in here , in fact I have a lot of respect for Tendulkar and I don't see a big deal in him accepting RS seat . He doesn't have to be live RD and vice versa .

As as for comparing , I rate match winners higher and when it mattered there are other players who stepped up more than him . I would pick Dravid and VVS in tests and Dhoni and Virat ahead of him for my team . What Tendulkar achieved was unique though , as a complete package he's ahead of others  . On the other hand I would argue Tendulkar was probably better than Bradman , Lara , Ponting etc . just for having this opinion , I have been called a hater and what not . Feel sorry for the great man for having such fans .

Cricket is a team game.One player isnt a match winner.Tendulkar played in 90s when Indian team was extremely poor.Dhoni,VVS,Kohli play in a totally different era.