B Thampi - Kerala Fast Bowler

Bystander

14 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Agree 100% as a fellow fast bowling fan and cricket fan @express bowling bro is one of the top posters on ICF. Always looking forward to his posts. If you didn't watch a bowler's performance in a game best place to go to is "Speed and performance of fast bowlers" and have a look at his posts there. He owns that thread with his regular balanced posts.

NO Doubt ..

@express bowling  & RKT  -  These 2 are my GEMS . No disrepect to others pl.. Don't get me wrong. 

That's why bit surprised not to find Ankit's  name  in potential category by him. 

Express Ji , is there something i am missing  why Ankit is excluded by you? Would like to hear from you.

2 hours ago, fineleg said:

Ankit (Rajpoot) vs Aniket (Chaudhary)

- who has been bowling better?

- Aniket Chaudhary is the one in A-team now for India, right?

To me Ankit rajpoot looks ready for LOI more than anyone

He has control, pace and temperament.  His height and control will get him wkts and would prove to be economical as well. 

When i see Rajpoot he always gives me the impression even if batsman is going after him he wont loose the plot which umesh does. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

To me Ankit rajpoot looks ready for LOI more than anyone

He has control, pace and temperament.  His height and control will get him wkts and would prove to be economical as well. 

When i see Rajpoot he always gives me the impression even if batsman is going after him he wont loose the plot which umesh does. 

Unfortunately selectors didn't pick him in Iran trophy team as well as the 2 practice games against bang and aus.

He is doing well in small trophy. Hoping he will get a chance in a team or against any visiting team soon.

Edited by renjith
3 minutes ago, renjith said:

Unfortunately selectors didn't pick him in Iran trophy team as well as the 2 practice games against bang and aus.

2 A teams for one day practice matches against England,  a ROI side and 2 A teams for 2 / 3 day matches. So....5 teams in all.

And yet we have not seen either Nathu Singh or Ankit Rajpoot in any of the teams.  No Aaron either despite being fit now.  Basically, the 3 quickest pacers left out.      (  I am assuming that they were not that aware of Thampi  before SMA Trophy this season  )

And we have seen Vinay, Dinda, Kaul, Vignesh type trundlers.

This is worrying.

2 A teams for one day practice matches against England,  a ROI side and 2 A teams for 2 / 3 day matches. So....5 teams in all.

And yet we have not seen either Nathu Singh or Ankit Rajpoot in any of the teams.  No Aaron either despite being fit now.  Basically, the 3 quickest pacers left out.      (  I am assuming that they were not that aware of Thampi  before SMA Trophy this season  )

And we have seen Vinay, Dinda, Kaul, Vignesh type trundlers.

This is worrying.

I have been saying this for a long time , we need a pace bowler part of the selection committee permanently.Thats the only way we will get the right bowlers rather than just picking on stats.

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

I have been saying this for a long time , we need a pace bowler part of the selection committee permanently.Thats the only way we will get the right bowlers rather than just picking on stats.

Yes...either that or some top cricketer like Ganguly or Laxman who keep on talking about the need to have some genuine pace in the attack as a whole.

4 hours ago, fineleg said:

Ankit (Rajpoot) vs Aniket (Chaudhary)

- who has been bowling better?

- Aniket Chaudhary is the one in A-team now for India, right?

Both quite tall above 6'3", Ankit slightly pacier have seen him bowl high 140s, Test match kinda bowler, bowls a good channel outside off, moves the ball of the wkt, gets bounce and can bowl genuine wkt taking deliveries , lanky, languid and decent action

Aniket is hit the deck left armers with good action, high release, gained pains last few years, has learned to move the ball and gets good bounce, bowls difficult length, accurate, m not sure if he can get ball to comeback often enough, n if he can he will be a major threat to right handers, bowls around 135 to 142 k

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

Agree 100% as a fellow fast bowling fan and cricket fan @express bowling bro is one of the top posters on ICF. Always looking forward to his posts. If you didn't watch a bowler's performance in a game best place to go to is "Speed and performance of fast bowlers" and have a look at his posts there. He owns that thread with his regular balanced posts.

Definitely, very interesting reads and gets you pumped for the future of fast bowling in india. Slowly we are seeing great changes!

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Is India becoming the land of fast bowlers? Off late, we have been producing genuine pace bowlers at well and it will be unfair to compare us with Pakistan because we are ahead of them. I think even as of today, we have more 5-6 bowlers who bowl 145+ Not a lot of teams can boast of this.

Only becoming the land of fast bowlers if it starts aggressively selecting them in all formats and rotating them.

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

As much as i want that to happen, my only fear is they ll have someone like Venky or some trundler who will select similar trundlers. 

1 hour ago, renjith said:

He is doing well in small trophy. Hoping he will get a chance in a team or against any visiting team soon.

What to do with selectors, but atleast this selection commitee is making some good moves. Hopefully rajpoot's number comes soon. 

I hope he plays for KKR regularly, which if he does m sure he ll have a lot of wkts. Atleast everyone will take a notice then 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Thanks for all the kind words.       : )

It must be said that if  the Indian cricket fraternity had the kind of  love for fast bowling as lots of good quality posters in ICF have.....we would have developed a fast bowling culture `15 years back.

Mosher, tweaker, rkt.india, Rightarmfast, laaloo, Vilander, King Tendulkar, MCcricket,  Iron Hide, VishalVir Singh, ShebbySB, Bystander, Cricketics,, Opening_batsman, MultiB48, msplash9, Bleed-Blue, speedheat, Ankit_sharma03, ......  almost all of them are good quality posters and  all love fast bowling more than many international cricketers of our country, past and present.      : )

Respect bro.  I enjoy reading your posts because of the knowledge and detail you put into every post along with your passion for Indian cricket and fast bowling in particular :)

South Zone squad: R Vinay Kumar (capt), Vijay Shankar (vice-capt), Tanmay Agarwal, Mayank Agarwal, Vishnu Vinod, Ricky Bhui, Dinesh Karthik (wk), G Hanuma Vihari, Pavan Deshpande, Rahil Shah, M Ashwin, D Swaroop, CV Milind, Sandeep Warrier, Basil Thampi, S Arvind.

CV Milind, Sandeep Warrier, Basil Thampi, S Arvind & Vinny as fast bowlers. 

Vinny & Arvind are almost certain in the team . Hope atleast one among Warrier or Basil will play a lot of matches

18 minutes ago, msplash9 said:

South Zone squad: R Vinay Kumar (capt), Vijay Shankar (vice-capt), Tanmay Agarwal, Mayank Agarwal, Vishnu Vinod, Ricky Bhui, Dinesh Karthik (wk), G Hanuma Vihari, Pavan Deshpande, Rahil Shah, M Ashwin, D Swaroop, CV Milind, Sandeep Warrier, Basil Thampi, S Arvind.

CV Milind, Sandeep Warrier, Basil Thampi, S Arvind & Vinny as fast bowlers. 

Vinny & Arvind are almost certain in the team . Hope atleast one among Warrier or Basil will play a lot of matches

I will be really pissed if Arvind is in the playing 11. Both Warrier and Thampi should be in the playing 11.