Sangwan should debut for India

Cricketics

9 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Paaji is twice the India fan than most of us.But he has soft spot for dilli waales.

No soft spot. Was first one to ask for Gambhir, Sehwag to be dropped when theyw were out of form. Just that I supported few of those guys more than others as they seem to be special, more soecial plauers than others. And they did live up to that reputation for a long time. Both went on to play a lot for India All the ones who made it to the Indian team came out to be really good for the Indian team. When their form expired like how it does for every player eventually, then they need to be ousted, but that doesn't mean I backed the wrong guys as some of those are Indian cricket stalwarts. Some played crucial knocks in the most important games in Indian history. 

I never backed Gambhir for test matches once his form dipped. Always wanted others to be tried like Mukund. 

14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Kohli wanted to try something different from Dhoni instead of keeping a new bowler in the squad and making him sit out all 4 games.

So it wasn't a mistake if you give some new spinner a chance, regardless of him failing, since the other prime spinner hardly did anything more either. 

Kohli did something good by giving a newcomer an overseas experience in that test, and you have complains about it. Very Interesting, may be you like Dhoni, the test captain that means. 

While I agree in principle to the move....that bench strength should be tried...that applies to dead rubbers or when series is out of hand or when nothing else is working for you....not something you try in your first match itself.

You go with your best X1 unless there are injuries or unless it is a game of less value.

Again Ashwin is the No.1 bowler not just spinner.

Let me ask you this...since it is a thread about Sangwan

Say tomorrow Sangwan has a reputation of having the best in swinger to left handers and we are playing a team full of left handers.....would you drop Shami for him,if it was between those 2?

Just now, maniac said:

Say tomorrow Sangwan has a reputation of having the best in swinger to left handers and we are playing a team full of left handers.....would you drop Shami for him,if it was between those 2?

All depends how Shami is doing at that point of time. Shami is clearly bowling good right now when he is available and.m not injured. So when he is available, he will play and so will Sangwan if he is doing what you said. Shami has bowed well pretty much every where, so he will be confidently picked abead of most bowlers. Shami has performances to show even overseas in places like Sydney, so he will be easily selected as our first option and rightly so. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

All depends how Shami is doing at that point of time. Shami is clearly bowling good right now when he is available and.m not injured. So when he is available, he will play and so will Sangwan if he is doing what you said. Shami has bowed well pretty much every where, so he will be confidently picked abead of most bowlers. Shami has performances to show even overseas in places like Sydney, so he will be easily selected as our first option and rightly so. 

Exactly....so how is Jadeja ahead of Ashwin when the latter has 2 overseas man of the series?

Back to the topic....Sangwan's calling will be in the IPL...let us see how he does...looked impressive IIRC in one season but then went back to looking like a trundler in a couple of seasons.

The GIF's show his pace and bounce are encouraging and he has a good chance to standout in the IPL season.

As far as test cricket goes...he had a good season I believe in the 2 seasons before from what I read...how are his Ranji previous season's performance?

Didn't follow him a lot after he looked like a normal trundler last time I saw him.

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I am talking about Australia and such places,  and not a place like West Indies where you will get odd wickets for spinners. 

You realize that Jadeja is also a finger spinner right...in fact Ashwin relies more on bounce which he will get in Aus than Jadeja who relies more on zip off the pitch.

Secondly if Ashwin has bowled better than Jadeja on pitches where help was same for both spinners,how does Jadeja jump ahead of the queue?

Now as I said Jadeja is our 2nd choice spinner and also his performances have rightfully put him at No2 in the world,if he overtakes Ashwin in the next few games or in case of Ashwin's injury obviously he is first choice but not for anything else.

As Ian Chappell once said you play your best bowlers...playing spinners or fast bowlers just for the heck of it doesn't work...so if I had it my way I would play both on every surface as they can also add batting depth and they are the top2 bowlers in the world.

Picking Jadeja over Ashwin in current scenario was what I didn't agree with and made no cricketing sense to me whatsoever

34 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

This guy got banned for Steroids and went from a trundler to a 145k bowler, that doesn't sound fishy to you?. You think he was not doping for 2 years when he was not getting tested?

That is something I have no control or any information about. I hope all our players are tested in IPL so that in future we do not find any players who were doping.  

I heard Sangwan's doctor injected something in his shoulder as he was about to go shoulder surgery in England. And he gave the story that he wasn't sure about it or something. I am not sure what to make of it honestly whether he was lying or not.

I know BCCI has random testing but not sure how often they test players. Hopefully they are doing it regularly for every Indian player and domestic player. 

I'm not sure of all the excitement here, he leaks a lot of runs, until he works on that LOI would be tough, maybe 4 days or 5 days to start with. He played against England too t20 and got hammered, could not complete 4 overs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

This guy got banned for Steroids and went from a trundler to a 145k bowler, that doesn't sound fishy to you?. You think he was not doping for 2 years when he was not getting tested?

You won't start bowling 145 by taking steroids.

6 hours ago, maniac said:

Back to the topic....Sangwan's calling will be in the IPL...let us see how he does...looked impressive IIRC in one season but then went back to looking like a trundler in a couple of seasons.

The GIF's show his pace and bounce are encouraging and he has a good chance to standout in the IPL season.

As far as test cricket goes...he had a good season I believe in the 2 seasons before from what I read...how are his Ranji previous season's performance?

Didn't follow him a lot after he looked like a normal trundler last time I saw him.

If I may recollect correctly, he had a good outingin Ranji in games he played

4 hours ago, Cricketics said:

That is something I have no control or any information about. I hope all our players are tested in IPL so that in future we do not find any players who were doping.  

I heard Sangwan's doctor injected something in his shoulder as he was about to go shoulder surgery in England. And he gave the story that he wasn't sure about it or something. I am not sure what to make of it honestly whether he was lying or not.

I know BCCI has random testing but not sure how often they test players. Hopefully they are doing it regularly for every Indian player and domestic player. 

https://www.google.co.in/amp

He said he took supplement to cut weight. It was probably some fat burner which contained the steroid.

25 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

https://www.google.co.in/amp

He said he took supplement to cut weight. It was probably some fat burner which contained the steroid.

Link broken, anyways that could be true as I also read this which says it could have happend for other reasons

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/680475.html

Regardless of whatever the story is,  we need to be really strict on this whole doping thing. Every Ranji or domestic player should go for a test every year including all Indian national players. We can't afford to take any risk. Random test is fine but there should more stricter test and some at times on regular basis. 

17 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Link broken, anyways that could be true as I also read this which says it could have happend for other reasons

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/680475.html

Regardless of whatever the story is,  we need to be really strict on this whole doping thing. Every Ranji or domestic player should go for a test every year including all Indian national players. We can't afford to take any risk. Random test is fine but there should more stricter test and some at times on regular basis. 

Doping doesn't work in cricket anyway so it does not matter whether they go through the test or not. Steroids don't increase your pace. He took stanozol which is used to cut fat and heal injuries.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Doping doesn't work in cricket anyway so it does not matter whether they go through the test or not. Steroids don't increase your pace. He took stanozol which is used to cut fat and heal injuries.

It does not matter weather it works or not. Point is players should be aware of not taking any not-allowed substance. 

You will be banned with all these substances if you go through WADA, which is what ICC uses. This is what we do not need. So the stricter laws the better.

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

It does not matter weather it works or not. Point is players should be aware of not taking any not-allowed substance. 

You will be banned with all these substances if you go through WADA, which is what ICC uses. This is what we do not need. So the stricter laws the better.

yes, they should be but I am against people saying he took steroid so he gained pace overlooking the hard work he has put in. Mohd Asif also took nandrolone, one of the most used steroids among athletes, did he start bowling 145k after that?

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yes, they should be but I am against people saying he took steroid so he gained pace overlooking the hard work he has put in. Mohd Asif also took nandrolone, one of the most used steroids among athletes, did he start bowling 145k after that?

Exactly, that's because not many read into the substance and what they are capable of doing. But can't blame them either as the culprit is still the player for using a banned substance.