Dharamsala pitch for the 4th Ind-Aus Test

Folks, any idea what the pitch is going to be for the series decider? So far everything I've read points to it being a green seamer similar to the one we got in Nagpur 2004 against Aussies. I hope better sense prevails and we get the sort of pitch that was rolled out for WT20 tourney, specifically the Ind-Pak game where spinners ruled the roost.

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

Wouldn't be a green seamer as reports say the grass were lighter in colour and most of it will also be shaved off. 

But due to the cold weather and elevation we may see a pitch similar to Kolkata (against NZ) at worst in which case we should play three seamers including Bhuvi.

But we had spin friendly pitches at Dharamsala last year for WT20 around the same time. So how come they can't prepare a similar track this time round? If the pitch is conducive to pacers, Aus will win the match. You can't expect our bowlers to compete with Hazlewood and Cummins. Plus there batsmen will be better against pacers than ours.

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

It seems too brown, hope it's not another patta like Ranchi.

Its way too shiny and whitish. This is how I remember seeing Aussie pattas.

When I saw Chennai pitch in England series, that's what I felt but shrugged it off as "it can't be a patta".

Lo and behold, it was.

I really hope this ain't a patta this time around. 

Edited by sensible-indian
2 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Its way too shiny and whitish. This is how I remember seeing Aussie pattas.

When I saw Chennai pitch in England series, that's what I felt but shrugged it off as "it can't be a patta".

Lo and behold, it was.

I really hope this ain't a patta this time around. 

Definitely seems a patta as of now. Closer look will reveal if it is dry atleast, in which case it could break up as the test proceeds.

Folks, any idea what the pitch is going to be for the series decider? So far everything I've read points to it being a green seamer similar to the one we got in Nagpur 2004 against Aussies. I hope better sense prevails and we get the sort of pitch that was rolled out for WT20 tourney, specifically the Ind-Pak game where spinners ruled the roost.

Indo Pak match was in Kolkata.

Sent from my SM-G350E using Tapatalk

Grass is gone. It appears as if it could assist spin too later on

PS it appears unlikely that the curator would risk delivering a pitch that could assist opposition more with the series tied 1-1

Edited by zen

How's the weather looking? It can be unfriendly up there this time of year can't it? It certainly was for the WT20 this time last year anyway. Basically I'm asking will it be worth getting up at 4am on Saturday then 5am thereafter (after our clocks go forward an hour on Saturday night)

1 hour ago, YCCC said:

How's the weather looking? It can be unfriendly up there this time of year can't it? It certainly was for the WT20 this time last year anyway. Basically I'm asking will it be worth getting up at 4am on Saturday then 5am thereafter (after our clocks go forward an hour on Saturday night)

It's India vs Australia... it's always worth watching no matter the venue or the pitch. You can rest assured both teams will give it their all.

6 hours ago, YCCC said:

Why if I may ask will your clocks go forward?

Weather for first 2 days will be fine. Slight chance of showers the next 3 days. Temperature and humidity will be very pleasant unlike other test venues at this time of the year in India.