Indian "Liberals" claiming to be Champions of Science

surajmal

6 minutes ago, asterix said:

Bongs should actually do some soul searching as to why they are now in a situation where they find themselves left behind in every field relevant to the development of India...

should really be ashamed of themselves...

Prove it that we are 'left behind' in academia, given that of all the major states in India by population, we have a higher literacy rate than all except Kerala, TN, Maharashtra and gujarat. Ie, still top 5 for large states and only ones apart from these 4 outscoring us are states with populations that'd fit inside a few 'paras' of Kolkata.

Edited by Muloghonto

5 minutes ago, surajmal said:

If only I was putting my name up. GTFO. You got nothing. 

I've substantiated my end far more than you have yours. You've not shown a single shred of evidence on how we are behind rest of India or below Indian mean average in academia. I gave you evidence that even last year, one of the top Indian school grads was a Bengali and 2 of top 5 were from Bengal. 

What evidence have you provided again ?

Rinse. Repeat. What a fecking troll. Post 29, first mention of Anyone vs Anyone in this thread .... by you. 

Which is fully backed up by history. Unless you got stats to show that we've fallen below Indian average in academia, you got nothing more than a bunch of hot air.

And you indulged into it by comparing the no-name Jatts with Bengalis. So now show us WTF are Jatts even great for.

Edited by Muloghonto

1 minute ago, asterix said:

You so called getting me won't change the sorry left behind situation of Bongs... please continue to live in your own egoistic World...

Bongs are will always be irrelevant...

If we were irrelevant, we wouldn't have been the guys winning 90% of the nobel prizes for India and actually fighting the Brits instead of our 'vaunted martial Jatts and Punjabis' doing jack **** in terms of physically opposing the Brits..

Funny how the subscribers of Gandhigiri are now all of a sudden 'Toygers'. 

The sorry situation in WB has nothing to do with where WB (or for that matter any other state) stands with science. The fact that people here are linking academia/science with political performance says a lot about how under-educated these folks like you are in using a brain. 

Just now, asterix said:

Can also shove the Nobel Prize too up there... :giggle:

Continue to live in La La Land...

Yeah. All lala land. I will happily pack my bags and move to lala land if you can show WTF does academic excellence in sciences have to do with 'state-running metrics'.

1 hour ago, surajmal said:

No cop out. You are a mercenary and part of a model minority. So you have pigeonholed yourself into following the most harmless, conforming of paths. In other words, you are boring. No one needs to waste time and ink on what you are and what you think (or don't think). 

You'd think an actual patriot would be grateful for the billions of dollars of remittences NRIs and PIOs send back home. Otherwise, your lot would've been far worse off. But hey- i don't expect chaddis to understand the value of geopolitics and ethnic ties that make it run. Hence your type pish-poshes the ones who 'left' India.

Meanwhile the Chinese practically WORSHIP the ones who've left their shores and guess what ? China's geopolitical tentacles >>>>>> India's. Because China isn't run by chaddis who trash the importance of cultivating close ties to their overseas folks.

India vs China in a nutshell and why India will never amount to half of what China will be.

Edited by Muloghonto

A "mad man" hiding behind the liberal mask .... someone who think western philosophies are automatically > eastern philosophies .... someone who would have supported British rule, thinking of it as a positive influence on Ind and blamed likes of Bhagat Singhs of the world for being a nuisance and coming in the way of "development" or whatever

:angel:

Edited by zen

4 hours ago, Number said:

^^ Bong supremacist.

If i was a Bong supremacist, I'd not have included Tamils in the list of 'cultures in India that highly value education'. 

Saying that the Bongs did way more against the Brits than Jats or Punjabis isn't 'supremacy', its fact. Like i said, go check the roll-call for Kalapani, you will find that over 50% of prisoners were hindu Bongs. (practically zero Bong muslims participated in Independence struggle till the idea of Pakistan came around). 

And you think calling SurajMal nothing more than 'petty ruler of a tiny little principality of Bharatpur' is insulting ? Why ? Why are facts insulting ? Only reason he is even relevant is because he is Jatt. And the greatest Jatt ruler. But you realize, in places with long history of empire-building, such as Tamil Nadu, Bihar-Bengal region, Maharashtra, etc. a guy ruling a tiny principality based on a small town and doing it well, is in the same category as 'thousands of no-name petty city-level chiefs aka Nayaks or Amatyas' ?

It is a fact that Jatts have done very little in history of India. This isn't supremacy or hatred, this is simple facts. Not every single ethnicity has existed forever. 2000 years ago, there were no Marathis or Bongs. But there were Telegus. This doesnt make Telegus superior to Marathis or Bongs, just older as an ethno-linguistic group. 

Edited by Muloghonto

4 hours ago, zen said:

A "mad man" hiding behind the liberal mask .... someone who think western philosophies are automatically > eastern philosophies .... someone who would have supported British rule, thinking of it as a positive influence on Ind and blamed likes of Bhagat Singhs of the world for being a nuisance and coming in the way of "development" or whatever

:angel:

1. Western philosophies > eastern philosophy is a pretty easy contention, given that western philosophy covers a LOT more ground than eastern philosophy and is far, far more voluminous. This doesnt make it better automatically, but it does make it greater in quantity and analysis. 

2. Never supported British rule. Just pointed out the facts that British rule was a mixed bag, not universally evil for India or overwhelmingly good. It is a fact that the British gave us the concept of nation-state and it was because of British power that 700+ years of never-ending wars between Hindus and Muslims came to a grinding halt. But we also went from being the 2nd richest region in the world to one of the poorest. So its a mixed bag.

3. I dont blame Bhagat Singh for being a nuisance. I blame him for being massively overrated. 

13 hours ago, Number said:

Quite an antithesis that.

Surprised that supposedly educated and intellectual class of Bengal has so much prejudice and hate for people of other parts of India. 

They always have an air of supremacy over other mere mortals from India. One guy I know even argued that WB should get more from the central govenment exchequer because they got freedom for all of us. That attitude is the reason that states like Karnatska, TN have gone past WB in GDP and bongs do better when they get out of WB.

Edited by coffee_rules