Sign in to follow this  
tweaker

Rahul Tripathi

The Rising Pune Supergiant are yet to find their winning combination, but the  team at least seem to have found a right opener in  Rahul Tripathi. 

Tripathi, who made a 23-ball 31 in their win over Royal Challengers Bangalore  and a 17-ball 33 against Gujarat Lions, has relieved the team thinktank after the first-choice opener Mayank Agarwal failed in the initial matches.

Impressive part of his batting is his consistency like Nitish Rana. Not like some batters who worries about the 50 and slows down. Selfless player who keeps team above his own milestones. If he too slows down like some other batters, then he might convert a lot of those 30's or 40's into 50's. Also hasn't dropped a catch yet in this IPL. Can bowl as well, but i think captains will take time before trusting him with the ball.

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

A week back it was Manan Vohra :dontknow: 

The difference is that Tripathi has been consistent across 4 matches now. Have made a decent contribution in 3 games they have won. 

3 minutes ago, Magneto said:

The difference is that Tripathi has been consistent across 4 matches now. Have made a decent contribution in 3 games they have won. 

He's decent so far but as I said earlier he could very well be this IPL's Paul Valthaty. Let's see what he does outside of this edition of IPL.

6 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

He's decent so far but as I said earlier he could very well be this IPL's Paul Valthaty. Let's see what he does outside of this edition of IPL.

Yeah, long way to go. Extremely average domestic numbers till now, but this season may well be his breakout year. Let’s see how he does in the remaining IPL games. 

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.