BCCI announces India squad for Champions Trophy 2017

Is the Indian CT2017 squad selection satisfactory?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you overall happy with the CT2017 indian Squad?

• Yes
    • No

Pant should have got a place.

I hope Yuvi doesn't cost us big. I do hope he has one good last big tournament to wipe out the bad memory of that t20 wc. 

That would be nice.

Rahane in present form is an iffy.

They should have selected one new spinner..

Either kuldeep or Chahal.

Has Ashwin been cleared fit? 

Will he go into an important tournament without showing match fitness. I thought that was the new rule.

Ash makes the batting strong. Jaddu is not doing any thing with the bat.

Edited by beetle

Suresh raina is,  any day of the week,  a better player than rahane in Odi or t20. 

For all the so called technical deficiencies, he can still win u matches which rahane can't. Even at his fattest, raina is still a very good fielder. 

Though ideally, anyone but Rahane. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman

Rahane actually due to his calm demeanor slips under the radar quite a lot.  Back then Rohit or jadeja were at least new to international cricket but rahane has been playing since 2011 and more so after being an established player in tests? 

3 minutes ago, beetle said:

I hope Yuvi doesn't cost us big. I do hope he has one good last big tournament to wipe out the bad memory of that t20 wc. 

That would be nice.

We he go into an importantvtournament without showing match fitness. I thought that was the new rule.

According to them since Ashwin was resting, he could  be selected without playing domestic matches, as opposed  to those who are out with inury. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman
Just now, beetle said:

He was out due to sports hernia....

Acc to cricinfo, thats what they said and I quote.. 

"India have made it a point, under new coach Anil Kumble, to test their injured players in domestic cricket before picking them for internationals. But Ashwin was chosen without having to go through those rigours because he was resting as opposed to injured. It is understood that the BCCI had asked his IPL franchise Rising Pune Supergiant to give him time off and they had agreed."

5 minutes ago, beetle said:

That would be nice.

Will he go into an important tournament without showing match fitness. I thought that was the new rule.

How Ash makes batting strong?

4 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

How Ash makes batting strong?

Okay....my post wasn't clear.

Of the two...jaddu and ash, ash is a better and more reliable and consistant batsman in ODIs.

In T 20...may be jaddu and his talwar could hit a few big ones but ODI ...ash makes the batting stronger compared to jaddu.

Edited by beetle
1 hour ago, kira said:

Who cares about spin, spin is for support, jadeja and ashwin can provide a good support to pace attack of bumrah, shami and bhuvi, I am most excited to see India's bowling this team

Ashwin can't keep it tight in middle overs. Gives away easy singles and few boundaries too. For giving good support, u need to have a spinner who can put pressure on and is capable of picking a wkt or two.

1 minute ago, DDfan2017 said:

Ashwin can't keep it tight in middle overs. Gives away easy singles and few boundaries too. For giving good support, u need to have a spinner who can put pressure on and is capable of picking a wkt or two.

I think jadeja will be played ahead of ashwin, frankly chahal or kuldeep should've been in the squad but I am very excited to see the pace attack so I will let this slide

1 minute ago, beetle said:

Okay....my post wasn't clear.

Of the two...jaddu and ash, ash is a better and more reliable and consistant batsman in ODIs.

In T 20...may jaddu and his talwar could hit a few big ones but ODI ...ash makes the batting stronger compared to jaddu.

Sorry to say, scenes are not much different between ODIs and T20s when it comes to batting of tailenders. Ashwin is a very good test bat.. but in ODIs, he is of little value unless you are in a position like you need to get 20 runs of 80 balls with 2 wickets in hand. Jadeja still can manage to score dome quick runs, Ashwin will b ineffective with bat....and ineffective with ball too.

3 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

Jaddu is not taking wkts right now.

I feel only one of these should be going and either kuldeep or chahal should have been selected.They both are wkt takers although untested in England.Probably the lack of experience eas the reason they were not selected.

1 minute ago, DDfan2017 said:

Sorry to say, scenes are not much different between ODIs and T20s when it comes to batting of tailenders. Ashwin is a very good test bat.. but in ODIs, he is of little value unless you are in a position like you need to get 20 runs of 80 balls with 2 wickets in hand. Jadeja still can manage to score dome quick runs, Ashwin will b ineffective with bat....and ineffective with ball too.

If quick 3-4 wkts fall in the begining...ash is the one who can be relied on to take us to 50 overs  ...not jaddu.

With our batters in present form....we may face this situation a few times

Rohit 

Shikhar

Kohli

Dhoni

Yuvi

Jadhav

Pandya

Jadeja

Bhuvi

Shami/Umesh

Bhumrah

No surprises,opposition have enough plans against them,Dhawan will be strangulated by spinners,Rohit will slowly build his innings,Dhoni will look to build up a partnership with someone who is striking at double his pace,Yuvi will play some sweet shots before a short ball gets him,Jadhav looks good in lower oder,Pandya again looks to have improved but still to see at intl. level and finally everything for the zillionth time will revolve around Kohli.

If its a repeat of WT20 2016,hopefully something good will dawn upon Kohli.