Can Mumbai go 0-4 against Dhoni this season?

Ultimate_Game

After coming up short 3 times in a single season against the champion Dhoni's team, can Mumbai lose 4th one as well in the same season? Personally I don't think so as I expect SRH to steamroll over the Mumbai team headed by Warner and Bhuvi. Or Gambhir will school Rohit in the art of captaincy. So the chances are quite small of Mumbai getting one more beat down at the hands of Dhoni but anything's possible.

What do you folks think?

6 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

If MI reach, the pressure will be on RPS.Its one thing being the underdog but significantly difficult being expected to win.

But from now on,its all about nerves anyways.

But you are missing one thing - Dhoni. Greater the pressure, better his performance :two_thumbs_up: 

Just now, Ultimate_Game said:

Well he did kick Mumbai's a$$ just a few hours ago :phehe: 

And we all know about Dhoni's stellar playoff record in the other thread so yeah it's very much this universe or some alternate universe in a multiverse :agree: 

Yeah dhoni can be an ipl hero, keep him in ipl, I was referring to his international exploits or the lack of it

13 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

And we all know about Dhoni's stellar playoff record in the other thread so yeah it's very much this universe or some alternate universe in a multiverse :agree: 

I think you should ignore the excitable kids with their keyboards.It is fun to watch them romp about with their illogical and amusing arguments , but once you realize that they have nothing to offer this board except emoticons, it gets boring.

Edited by Yoda-esque

4 minutes ago, kira said:

Yeah dhoni can be an ipl hero, keep him in ipl, I was referring to his international exploits or the lack of it

You must be living in an alternate universe I suspect or your brain is frazzled after the beat down Dhoni laid on Mumbai coz Dhoni averages 51 in odis with nearly 10K runs, and has captained India to 60% of ICC trophies India has won. And did I mention the stellar innings he played in the biggest game India has played since 1983? (Hint: Dhoni was MOM in that match :winky:

Surely if these aren't "international exploits", I wonder what are? :dontknow:

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

You must be living in an alternate universe I suspect or your brain is frazzled after the beat down Dhoni laid on Mumbai coz Dhoni averages 51 in odis with nearly 10K runs, and has captained India to 60% of ICC trophies India has won. And did I mention the stellar innings he played in the biggest game India has played since 1983? (Hint: Dhoni was MOM in that match :winky:

Surely if these aren't "international exploits", I wonder what are? :dontknow:

You must be suffering from dementia since you can't remember the matches where dhoni lost it, he's a good pressure player yet these are his pathetic stats, Fyi I don't care about mumbai incase you didn't notice that.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/28081.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;template=results;trophy=12;trophy=44;type=batting

2 minutes ago, kira said:

Applying various filters and conditions, guys like maniac have already proven Bradman was nothing special and all he did was bash some trundlers :phehe: 

Unfortunately cricket on the pitch is not some cricinfo query based on filters :agree: 

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Applying various filters and conditions, guys like maniac have already proven Bradman was nothing special and all he did was bash some trundlers :phehe: 

Unfortunately cricket on the pitch is not some cricinfo query based on filters :agree: 

:proud:

Just now, Ultimate_Game said:

Unfortunately stats are too complicated for you to understand, you can't comprehend them, you are going to keep repeating the same thing again and again, aren't ya? Even a simple stat goes above your head, you can't back your comment with logic or evidence so the best you can do is ignore them, as expected :giggle:

Just now, kira said:

Unfortunately stats are too complicated for you to understand, you can't comprehend them, you are going to keep repeating the same thing again and again, aren't ya? Even a simple stat goes above your head, you can't back your comment with logic or evidence so the best you can do is ignore them, as expected :giggle:

All we saw was Dhoni laying down the hammer in another must win match :sad: 

I'm sure you can come up with some "complicated" stats to prove how the real difference was Rahane's innings or that Tiwary was the real match winner :agree: 

And I'm even more sure your "complicated stats" prove that a guy with nearly 10K runs averaging 51 across 300 games is a pretty average player :phehe: 

26 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

It won't be playoff but final. :giggle: 

And we all know about Dhoni's stellar final record in IPL. :hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by Pollack