Why did we choose to bowl first on such a flat pitch ?

7 minutes ago, Lannister said:

A chase against a good bowling attack will always be a risky move and not to mention Pakistan's history of struggles with respect to run chase. So basically a moronic decision. 

If we can't chase against them, we most likely wouldn't have done a good job batting first either.

5 minutes ago, TNAmarkFrmIndia said:

If we can't chase against them, we most likely wouldn't have done a good job batting first either.

It's one thing to chase against teams like Bangladesh. Whether we want to believe it or not Pak has got some good bowlers. 

@express bowling I tend to agree with you, better to have batted first. But, having said that - for all you know, what if we didn't win the toss, we must be prepared to chase, and assuming that for whatever reason (no matter who won the toss) - we are chasing - WE GOTTA BOWL BETTER in a finals, and cannot implode at 340 chase like this (Rohit and esp. Kohli). 340 chase these days is like 280 of previous years, cannot implode like this.

1 minute ago, fineleg said:

@express bowling I tend to agree with you, better to have batted first. But, having said that - for all you know, what if we didn't win the toss, we must be prepared to chase, and assuming that for whatever reason (no matter who won the toss) - we are chasing - WE GOTTA BOWL BETTER in a finals, and cannot implode at 340 chase like this (Rohit and esp. Kohli). 340 chase these days is like 280 of previous years, cannot implode like this.

I agree. Batting first is just one aspect.

We are having a bad day today, both with the bat and the ball.

Even now, the match is winnable if we keep cool.

In the 1st game against Pakistan , yes we won but our win was far from a convincing win.

1. Wahab Riaz bowling gave us extra 30-40 runs
  2. Yuvraj played a blinder - very lucky 
  3. Rohit survived Amir - he deserved to be done in the first over by Amir

If you take those 3 factors out - our performance against Pak in the first game was nothing special. 

15 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

In the 1st game against Pakistan , yes we won but our win was far from a convincing win.

1. Wahab Riaz bowling gave us extra 30-40 runs
  2. Yuvraj played a blinder - very lucky 
  3. Rohit survived Amir - he deserved to be done in the first over by Amir

If you take those 3 factors out - our performance against Pak in the first game was nothing special. 

Lol that's cricket my friend if and buts.If bumrah had not overstepped we might me winning too.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Chasing a big score creates mental pressure which leads to unforced errors.

That aspect is not visible to us.

We are talking about a team thats known for chasing big scores

if they succumbed to pressure here,they would have done anyway

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Chasing a big score creates mental pressure which leads to unforced errors.

That aspect is not visible to us.

Similarly, we have many times won chasing big scores and that  creates confidence and experience. Thus we rightly believed in chasing. Also, it was the trend to chase in this tournament. Surely, form(tread) and experience is most important and thus bowling was a perfect decision.