Indian(Hinglish) Stand UP comedy-opinions

maniac

Looks like it's a big thing these days-I see a lot

of these pop up on my Netflix feed-Vir Das,Aditi Mittal

2 words hate it....2 more words * them

what a bunch of posers

I loved the stand up comedy of Johnny Lever,Raju Srivastava back in the day or even from what I saw of him early on -Kapil Sharma(before all that cross dressing,misogynistic show that people seem to inexplicably love) or the 1st 2 seasons of Laughter challenge before I lost interest and had some nerve damage hearing Sidhu.

But what the fk is going on first The Roast crap  and now these clowns...no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Get the feeling they Are trying too hard...I mean it's not an Indian accent thing or a cultural thing,never been a fan of  "Hinglish" or "wannabes"

god I hate them and I have been told there are more upcoming "English-Indian" standups

Fk this **** 

10 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Aziz Ansari, even though not Hinglish, is a damn good Indian Origin Stand up comedian in USA. In fact, one of the best here.  

Smart and talented guy.  But gawd his face and voice is too annoying to tolerate for too long.   His show is really well written and crafted.  

@coffee_rulesmentioned Zakir Khan - I like that guy - he's quality.  Has a well-defined perspective and style that's uniquely his.  Funny, original, without having to resort to cliches of the lowest common denominator, or the wannabe Hinglish kind.   

12 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Aziz Ansari, even though not Hinglish, is a damn good Indian Origin Stand up comedian in USA. In fact, one of the best here.  

Aziz Ansari Is American of Indian origin...there are others as well like Hari Kondabolu,Kumail Nanjiani(think he is Pakistani) they are all americans of desi origin. Russell Peters who stopped being funny after the first 2 times well his gimmick might be to make fun of ethinicites but he is still Canadian of Indian origin

I am talking about the local "English" Indian standup scene in India...They just are wannabes trying to act cool and state their inspiration as Louis CK and George Carlin.

Sorry I rather watch Kapil Sharma in drag and lose my integrity then watch these assole wannabes and die a slow death.

Edited by maniac

On 7/26/2017 at 2:23 AM, maniac said:

Looks like it's a big thing these days-I see a lot

of these pop up on my Netflix feed-Vir Das,Aditi Mittal

2 words hate it....2 more words * them

what a bunch of posers

I loved the stand up comedy of Johnny Lever,Raju Srivastava back in the day or even from what I saw of him early on -Kapil Sharma(before all that cross dressing,misogynistic show that people seem to inexplicably love) or the 1st 2 seasons of Laughter challenge before I lost interest and had some nerve damage hearing Sidhu.

But what the fk is going on first The Roast crap  and now these clowns...no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Get the feeling they Are trying too hard...I mean it's not an Indian accent thing or a cultural thing,never been a fan of  "Hinglish" or "wannabes"

god I hate them and I have been told there are more upcoming "English-Indian" standups

Fk this **** 

Raju srivastva was a legend and someone who was very underrated ......some of his stands up are just outstanding. His work will make u wonder how the hell Sunil pal won over him 

The upcoming ones are decent not bad, the thing is with exp in life and the more u see around the better material u get . Some of these young kids havent explored much in life so their material dries down after a point and that is were someone like Raju srivastva was unmatchable . Even kapil sharma cudnt get over his limited world, its just he is blessed with one the best comic timing. Most of these hindi standup comedian specially punjabi ones are hugely inspired or shud i they plagrise pakistani actors Umer shariff plays(if u havent seen them do check it)

This guy is good but again i dnt know how long he ll last, He has his style and humor but ultimately its the content that keeps anyone going

I like this guy to

Lets c how long will this guy last , looks to have limited type of content 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

19 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Try Zakir Khan, Kenny Sebastian. They are good, esp Zakir Khan with middle india desi hindustani speak. 

But it takes a while to get used to the new age, Still a fan of Surendra Sharma, Raju Shrivastava, Kumar Vishwas extremely witty. Esp Surendra Sharma.

Are their any stuff of Surender sharma avl online, i rem listening to them as kid in all those audio casettes