Finding Patrick Patterson: The Menacing West Indian Bowler Who Disappeared 25 Years Ago

30 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Even Indian fast bowlers have broken stumps so that is not the best criteria to judge pace.

No I am not judging his pace based on him breaking the stumps. That breaking of stumps is what comes to my mind when I think of Patterson. That is what has stuck in my mind when I watched him as a kid in some ODI vs India and him breaking the stumps.

This is one of the best examples of investigative and dogged journalism ..appreciate the journalist's pursuit of this story with zeal and patience.

I remember seeing the 1987-88 WI tour of India where WI folded India for 75 in Delhi test ..one day series also went 6-1 or 5-1 to WI ..In those days , it was a fad among  us school children to mimic Patterson's bowling run-up in gully cricket . Batsmen were visibly uncomfortable with the kind of pace and bowling line . He was anointed as the next Malcolm Marshall in the unending conveyor belt of Windies' pacers.

Edited by Soorma_Bhopali
On ‎12‎-‎08‎-‎2017 at 1:16 AM, King Tendulkar said:

The guy was express . As quick as it gets . Raw pace 

When legendary Dujon who kept to all the Windies quicks from mid-70s and late 8-s says that he found Patterson the quickest  to keep to amongst all of them including Marshall,Garner , Walsh,Ambrose,Clarke ,Roberts , Holding and many more ; then you got to give it him.Extremely disappointing that windies could not nurse this immense talent.

14 hours ago, Soorma_Bhopali said:

When legendary Dujon who kept to all the Windies quicks from mid-70s and late 8-s says that he found Patterson the quickest  to keep to amongst all of them including Marshall,Garner , Walsh,Ambrose,Clarke ,Roberts , Holding and many more ; then you got to give it him.Extremely disappointing that windies could not nurse this immense talent.

Gooch also said that He only feared for his life when Patterson was bowling