Sardar Patel Speech on Padosi and Kashmir Issue

veer

On 8/17/2017 at 6:00 AM, Tibarn said:

Starting at 5:25 Sardar says stuff that would make certain people want to disown him today. :afraid::phehe::rockon:

Good point. The same thing can be said about Gandhi or even Ambedkar. Things Ambedkar had said about Islam would be called communal today. It's unfortunate that we have only been told half-truths about our historical figures for some political interests.

One of the painful memories according to my grand parents. They used to guard their own village at night as they were worried the razakars would attack. The razakars pillaged , looted, raped and killed many villages in Telangana. My grandfather had called for army’s help little latter. The resistance came from the Maharashtra part of Telangana. The most idiotic decision was to leave that up part of Telangana with Maharashtra  and merge remaining state with Andhra. 

Edited by gattaca

On 9/17/2019 at 2:38 AM, Gollum said:

EEo_T4kU4AAxSLf.jpg

EEpYUh5U4AA3Lkf.jpg

Hyderabad Liberation Day today, great man Sardar. 

Razakars and their sympathizers in various shapes and sizes haven't been completely dealt with though, but their time is coming to an end. The 2 Gujjus in New Delhi will see to that.

We should not forget these grave incidents in history and not try to taper over the realities of history. 
The razakar movement was bad and harmed the common people. The Nizam of Hyderabad was greedy in trying to hold his power. 

Having said this, we should try to know the otherside of the story too. After the Nizam's surrender, many or all of the Nizam's subedars houses (mostly muslims) were broken into and everything is looted by the locals. They were torturerd and killed in many places. To know all about those travails, we need to read a book written by the last premier of Hyderabad, Mir Laik Ali called "Tragedy of Hyderabad": https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18360701-tragedy-of-hyderabad

Also, the Nizam was helping cash strapped Pakistan secretly after his surrender since he cannot help them directly. Pls read the recent article in Dawn: https://www.dawn.com/news/1505685/the-tragedy-of-hyderabad.

Only when we read the story from both sides, we know the truth. It is obvious that the people of Telangana suffered more than anyone else in India and they probably were right in showing the vengeful attitude towards their subedars and razakar supporters who were crushing them until then. 

We should not forget these grave incidents in history and not try to taper over the realities of history. 
The razakar movement was bad and harmed the common people. The Nizam of Hyderabad was greedy in trying to hold his power. 

Having said this, we should try to know the otherside of the story too. After the Nizam's surrender, many or all of the Nizam's subedars houses (mostly muslims) were broken into and everything is looted by the locals. They were torturerd and killed in many places. To know all about those travails, we need to read a book written by the last premier of Hyderabad, Mir Laik Ali called "Tragedy of Hyderabad": https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18360701-tragedy-of-hyderabad

Also, the Nizam was helping cash strapped Pakistan secretly after his surrender since he cannot help them directly. Pls read the recent article in Dawn: https://www.dawn.com/news/1505685/the-tragedy-of-hyderabad.

Only when we read the story from both sides, we know the truth. It is obvious that the people of Telangana suffered more than anyone else in India and they probably were right in showing the vengeful attitude towards their subedars and razakar supporters who were crushing them until then. 

Yes, I am aware of the happening from both sides. My grandfather was part of the rebel group. He told me once about the atrocities committed by the Hindus against the Muslims later. The way he described it, it felt he was traumatized by it.

Man, I never discussed much about this with him. I want to now but he is 95 years old and struggles to even talk.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk