The importance of introducing and backing exciting new talent with regularity

12 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Yuvraj and dhoni and nehra well past it I agree . In t 20 some weird picks no doubts 

in odis only dhoni is stinker . We have to admit rahane and kartick done very well in last 6 to 10 months in odis and taken chances but icf failed to appreciate that and still hyping anyone else not in team 

tests solid picks all round to be frank .  No reason to moan much 

Main point is that no doubts icf has really gone ott in that anyone not in team is suddenly amazing. And any one has one good ranji game is superb and should be in team . Need a balanced approach and at the moment icf been to keen for whole sale changes :phehe:

How have rahane and Karthik been good? Have you seen their pathetic s/r? Are we playing Odis in the 80s?

18 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

My  disagreement is that we need to introduce youngsters not because we need superstars for the future but a forward planning to build a strong team.

What I am saying is cricket as a sport in India has outgrown any need of superstar to sustain following.It has become such an integral thing in India that it creates Stardom in players and following instead of needing any superstar to sustain a following if it makes sense.

Every team needs superstar. Superstars are those who perform and win you games. If you don't have superstars, you will lose most games.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, King Tendulkar said:

Do agree on new keeper for all limited overs games 

plus iyer needs to be involved as well now 

but many new talents playing and given chances . Can’t have all 11 like that ? Pandya is in . Kuldeep Yadav . Chahal . Examples of new young talent played etc yet icf can’t see that and wants more and more . Balance guys 

Kuldeep and chahal only came because ash n jad failed miserably. Half decent performances would have assured them the spot. You must see how the selectors don't have the balls to say dropped them.

1 hour ago, Vk1 said:

Kuldeep and chahal only came because ash n jad failed miserably. Half decent performances would have assured them the spot. You must see how the selectors don't have the balls to say dropped them.

Why use word dropped . That would be idiotic man management to appease the mob . Both are important players for india in tests why upset them . 

Ash and jad did ok in odis and had some good moments . But yes yadav and chahal done much better ( how will they do overseas ?). Let’s not over hype how bad they did , silly exaggeration 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

We are not going to win a single game in SA without a strong middle order. Openers will not score 100s every time there as the new ball will do a lot.

Yes and rahane in squad as back up opener in odis , fair enough. Rather have him facing new ball in sa then many frankly . Rahane clearly back in form in all formats has a dip in form but to me seems back . Proven class that lad don’t get the hate 

17 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Yes and rahane in squad as back up opener in odis , fair enough. Rather have him facing new ball in sa then many frankly . Rahane clearly back in form in all formats has a dip in form but to me seems back . Proven class that lad don’t get the hate 

But Rahane doesn't score runs. He isn't going to win us any matches because he doesn't last long. His SR on flat pitches in India is so bad for an opener. Can't score more than 50 on flat beds. He will not be doing any good in SA. Any way, we need strong middle order.

1 hour ago, King Tendulkar said:

Why use word dropped . That would be idiotic man management to appease the mob . Both are important players for india in tests why upset them . 

Ash and jad did ok in odis and had some good moments . But yes yadav and chahal done much better ( how will they do overseas ?). Let’s not over hype how bad they did , silly exaggeration 

Initially I too thought the same but going by recent selections it's more of not having the gut to say it openly / criticizing seniors than preserving their mojo for tests.

8 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Yes I have been . But you see many people post about 4 or 5 players who all shoudl be in team right now and all future legends 

some real randomn names. Literally many want 5 new players and anyone over the age of 25 is past it and should be dumped 

listen agree some exciting talent coming through . 

8 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Yuvraj and dhoni and nehra well past it I agree . In t 20 some weird picks no doubts 

in odis only dhoni is stinker . We have to admit rahane and kartick done very well in last 6 to 10 months in odis and taken chances but icf failed to appreciate that and still hyping anyone else not in team 

tests solid picks all round to be frank .  No reason to moan much 

Main point is that no doubts icf has really gone ott in that anyone not in team is suddenly amazing. And any one has one good ranji game is superb and should be in team . Need a balanced approach and at the moment icf been to keen for whole sale changes :phehe:

No one is asking for " whole-sale " changes.  No one is asking for 5 new players to be included at the same time.  I have actually specifically pointed out in the OP, the need to combine experience with youth.

The issue being raised is .... when a new spot opens up regarding a batsman, keeper or pacer,  either due to injury or due to loss of form,  then, more often than not,  we are seeing an experienced mediocre player or a  ' has been '  or a big name from another format getting a chance.   Karthick, Rahane, Yuvraj  in ODIs ..... Dhawan, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Nehra, Umesh, Shami in T20Is ..... Gambhir, Parthiv, Ishant in tests.  All these opportunities could have been used to develop really talented youngsters.

The fact that new spinners and all-rounders are getting chances have been specifically pointed out in the OP.

The names suggested are those who are said to have the talent to make it at international level. Most of them, like Rahul, Iyer, Nair, Siraj, Shakar etc. have been playing for A-team or international level for quite some time and are ready. Some others like Avesh, Shaw, Nagarkoti etc. will need some more time at domestic level but they have performed spectacularly at U19 level and are not random names.. No one knows who will become superstars as their temperament at international level is not known. Some will make it big and some won't. But all of them have to be tried either now or in a couple of years.

Edited by express bowling