The Mayank Agarwal Juggernaut

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Somehow when i watch this guy he doesnt convince me that he will do to well at international level atleast now.  I see guys like pant, gill, shaw, nair and they look like international materials but somehow mayank doesnt give me that confidence 

Sirjee 

Can you be more specific why he will not do well  in T 20s & 50 overs match .

What are the short comings ?

Is it against pace ?  No back foot shots , No pull shot .

Not good against spin?  No big shots ?

Only bang bang , no strike rotation ? 

Poor fielder ?

Please elaborate 

6 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Sirjee 

Can you be more specific why he will not do well  in T 20s & 50 overs match .

What are the short comings ?

Is it against pace ?  No back foot shots , No pull shot .

Not good against spin?  No big shots ?

Only bang bang , no strike rotation ? 

Poor fielder ?

Please elaborate 

PRoblem to zyaada badrinath men bhi nhin thi, but u see some n u feel like they dnt have anything special

If i have to pick something just dont feel he commits himself fully on front foot , which even rohit doesnt do but then he has the gift of timing. 

Wont be able to point something special but just dont see that something which i see in someone like Pant, nair, gill, shaw , pandya few yrs back. Its just with some cricketer u feel they can be good at international cricket despite lack of numbers or several technical issues 

Sirjee domestic men saare run marne wale konsa sabke sab chale hai aaj tak international men. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

PRoblem to zyaada badrinath men bhi nhin thi, but u see some n u feel like they dnt have anything special

If i have to pick something just dont feel he commits himself fully on front foot , which even rohit doesnt do but then he has the gift of timing. 

Wont be able to point something special but just dont see that something which i see in someone like Pant, nair, gill, shaw , pandya few yrs back. Its just with some cricketer u feel they can be good at international cricket despite lack of numbers or several technical issues 

Sirjee domestic men saare run marne wale konsa sabke sab chale hai aaj tak international men. 

Sirjee if domestic is not the yardstick then which one selectors should look for ?  

Some " somehow just feel"  thing !

Go by Feelings  only 

8 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Sirjee if domestic is not the yardstick then which one selectors should look for ?  

Some " somehow just feel"  thing !

Go by Feelings  only 

M not saying dont give him a chance, he has earned it. Even i had my doubts regd shreyas iyer but doesnt mean he shudnt have been given a chance ....he also earned it . 

M just giving my opinon i dnt see him that well in international as of now . 

Also Btw selectors job is not only to see the numbers its to spot the right talent, anyone can look at numbers n make a team. 

Sirjee guarantee to kuch nhin krta 

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

M not saying dont give him a chance, he has earned it. Even i had my doubts regd shreyas iyer but doesnt mean he shudnt have been given a chance ....he also earned it . 

M just giving my opinon i dnt see him that well in international as of now . 

Also Btw selectors job is not only to see the numbers its to spot the right talent, anyone can look at numbers n make a team. 

Sirjee guarantee to kuch nhin krta 

Haan Sirjee ...  Guy has numbers . 

Now selectors should see something that make them feel he is not worth trying..

What are those things acc to you which makes one/selector to feel he is not worth it 

12 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Haan Sirjee ...  Guy has numbers . 

Now selectors should see something that make them feel he is not worth trying..

What are those things acc to you which makes one/selector to feel he is not worth it 

For selectors to give him chance

a. their has to be space....which their isnt currently isnt 

Ask selectors .....i gave u my opinion 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

For selectors to give him chance

a. their has to be space....which their isnt currently isnt 

Ask selectors .....i gave u my opinion 

Sirjee .. You are such a prolific contributor , must be looking at players with microscope looking at your passion for the game ..

I am not that deeply into it.. 

Just wanted to know if there are any specific things which points to his possible failure ..

9 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Sirjee .. You are such a prolific contributor , must be looking at players with microscope looking at your passion for the game ..

I am not that deeply into it.. 

Just wanted to know if there are any specific things which points to his possible failure ..

sorry cant point out something ....As i said there are some player whom u feel are international material some u feel dnt. U can ask me which players i feel are and i may say 1-2 things about them but cant explain in detail. 

And ofcourse i can be wrong

On 2/21/2018 at 5:49 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Somehow when i watch this guy he doesnt convince me that he will do to well at international level atleast now.  I see guys like pant, gill, shaw, nair and they look like international materials but somehow mayank doesnt give me that confidence 

well...

i felt same when i saw recently concluded game....plays too much on the up...plays thru the line fo the ball...doesn't commit on the front foot

38 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

well...

i felt same when i saw recently concluded game....plays too much on the up...plays thru the line fo the ball...doesn't commit on the front foot

Do you think ?

Watching these highlights looks ok ? Simple method . Pitched up front foot , pitched back back foot . Plays straight and orthodox and plays all round wicket . Plus has power to hit ball in stands when needed 

from what I seen don’t see anything glaringly obvious wrong . Imo should be picked for india and then we can see more if up to it . 

Serious numbers he done no joke 

1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

well...

yes their is something that covince me either

Now these problem exist in many international player but i dnt knw mayank doesnt seem to have that special thing ....

24 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Do you think ?

Watching these highlights looks ok ? Simple method . Pitched up front foot , pitched back back foot . Plays straight and orthodox and plays all round wicket . Plus has power to hit ball in stands when needed 

from what I seen don’t see anything glaringly obvious wrong . Imo should be picked for india and then we can see more if up to it . 

Serious numbers he done no joke 

Well he has piled on runs to put his case so he definately deserves a chance for India or India-A but here we are discussing can he do well or not 

Saw him a bit on willow.tv highlights. He is timing so well. He picks up the length quickly. But I have one big gripe. He plays way in front of and away from his body. Maybe he is good at connecting the ball by playing like that in this form. You never know how that will pan out in the internationals. I will be skeptical about his success at the top level even though I have to say he deserves chances. 

Amazing Run of form. He has been on the scene for a long time now so that is one of the reasons why people are not that excited vs. for someone younger and new like Pant. He has played in IPL and while he has some good cameos he has never really broken through. 

Plus he is not the technically perfect batsman. Back foot seems to stay stationary and he relies on hand and timing like Sehwag. 

His opportunity will come in IPL. This time expectations will be higher and he can justify those