Freedom Series Predictor - 1st Test - Day 5 Updated !!!

goose

Who wants to play in my series predictor competition? It's really easy but fun as the series goes on.

For the upcoming 3 test series versus RSA, pick three Indian players for each test. Specify which player is your batsman, bowler, and fielding option. Points will be added for each test to give a series total.

Batsman....1 RUN = 1 pt

Bowler.......1 WICKET = 25 pts

Fielder.......1 CATCH/STUMPING = 25 pts

1 RUN OUT (ANY PLAYER) = 25 pts (AS PER CRICINFO SCORECARD)

For example for 1st test I might choose:

Batsman - Kohli

Bowler - Shami

Fielder - Saha

In above example, only Kohl's' runs will count not his catches, only Saha's catches/stumpings will count not his runs, you get the idea.

You cannot have the same player in same category for following tests. In the next test you can't pick Kohli again as a batsman but you could pick him as a fielder. 

You could go crazy for example and pick Shami for all three options in the 1st test. If he effects a run out that would get you additional 75 pts.

Submit your 3 players for the first test now using above format (changes allowed up until 10 min after toss i.e 20 min before 1st ball).

If you will not be around at toss time leave some 2nd choices for borderline picks e.g. 'Umesh or if not picked then Bumrah'.

Unless you have given me instructions to the contrary, either in an existing post or a future new post timed before the 1st ball is bowled, then in the event your player does not start the match the following alternatives will apply by default.

UMESH/ISHANT/BUMRAH

RAHUL/DHAWAN

RAHANE/ROHIT

Edited by goose
3 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

1 WKT = 10 POiNTs is too less.

How will shami earn 75 points if he affects 1 run out?

Happy to change the points.  How many per wicket, catch and run-out do you think?

Because in my rather extreme example I picked Shami for all three options. Run-out points apply to all three options. Run-out amended from 25 to 30 PTS now.

Edited by goose
2 hours ago, beetle said:

I wkt should at least be 25 points.

Can we change the player if he is out because of fitness?

I have amended points per wicket to 20 PTS on basis many people i speak to think a century and 5fer are similar feats. 

Yes changes allowed up till toss.

Edited by goose

If i upvote you it means i've noted your selection. If you want to change it do it in a new post since i won't be checking your edits. 

Points changed as follows :

Runs  1PT

Wicket 20PTS

Catch 25PTS

Run-Out 30PTS

Edited by goose
13 minutes ago, goose said:

Not cheating since same for everyone. Obviously everyone will pick Saha for one test the question is which test. 

I actually missed the part where players cannot be repeated. How long before we can change it? If I know Rahul is not playing a day before the first test, can I change my option then?

5 minutes ago, New guy said:

I actually missed the part where players cannot be repeated. How long before we can change it? If I know Rahul is not playing a day before the first test, can I change my option then?

Changes allowed up till toss. Makes my life easier if you submit your selection now then make the change if you want to later.