How to deal with sensitive teeth?

Gollum

Have a sharp jolt of pain when I eat sweets/brown chocolate or lime/plum/black grapes/green apple/mosambi/jamun/raisin etc. Use Sensodyne toothpaste and toothbrush plus GC tooth Mousse when the pain is unbearable. The latter was recommended by a dentist recently. While I do get a little bit of relief with these products still can't consume many food items because I get sharp pain immediately after biting such food items. 

I have always had good oral hygiene but had braces as a youngster and had too many soft drinks and lemonade/orange juice growing up. I guess parts of my enamel have been corroded because of braces and excess citric food consumption :((. Any dentist here or anyone who has similar problem? Would be great if you can give some tips about how to manage the pain.  

Edited by Gollum

Dear friends, but I brush my teeth perhaps once a week (+/- few days as I don't count), otherwise only rinsing them with water is enough. My teeth are beautiful and I have absolutely no problems. 

Wild animals in nature never brush their teeth whole of their life, but their teeth are beautiful. Why? 

Conclusion: When animals take only that diet, which mother Nature specified for him, then neither they get toothache, nor cancer, nor any other diseases of the civilization. 

While the domestic animals (and also animals in the zoo) have almost all those diseases which we human beings have (including bad teeth)

Edited by Alam_dar

3 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Dear friends, but I brush my teeth perhaps once a week (+/- few days as I don't count), otherwise only rinsing them with water is enough. My teeth are beautiful and I have absolutely no problems. 

Wild animals in nature never brush their teeth, but their teeth are beautiful. 

I really believe that raw paleo diet is the answer. 

Do wild animals french kiss?That would be  :sick:.

4 hours ago, beetle said:

Patanjali ka toothpaste helps.

My husband has one chipped sensitive tooth that he refuses to fix.

Pantanjali danthkranti, sensodyne and colgate sensitive helps.

Rinse mouth with milk if you eat or drink something citrus.

4 hours ago, narenpande1 said:

Or just rub with a mixture of azadirachtin, 1,7,7-Trimethylbicyclo[2.2.1]heptan-2-one, and aluminum sulfate. It has worked very well for my bua.   

Edited by Brainfade

30 minutes ago, beetle said:

Yeh sab kya hai...?

Chemist will have it ?

Sounds dangerous, doesn't it?

1. Azadirachtin is the active ingredient in neem and a very potent pesticide made by the neem plant to ward off insects.
  2. 1,7,7-Trimethylbicyclo[2.2.1]heptan-2-one is the chemical name for sacred karpur.
  3. aluminum sulfate is the chemical name for Sphatika Bhasma

These 3 of the main ingredients in Divya Danta Manjan.  Patanjali is a chemical factory.  

Edited by Brainfade

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Don't know, but they would definitely clean themselves all over with their tongue, eat their own output and smell what not. That is definitely :sick: 

Please look it at this angle. Domestic animals (or in the Zoo) also use their tongue to clean, but still they have almost the same teeth problems like human beings. What then make the wild animals different in this regard?

11 hours ago, beetle said:

Do wild animals french kiss? That would be  :sick:.

I don't think that wild animals have bad breath or they smell bad. Wild deer meat is much more pleasant than meat of sheep. 

Let us forget about wild animals. Let us talk about human beings. 

On SAD (Standard American Diet):

(1) I had to take shower almost every day.

(2) I had to shampoo my hairs almost every day.

(3) I had to brush my teeth twice a day. 

After changing my diet to paleo (although I am still relatively new and don't achieve it 100%) :

(1) I don't smell even if I don't take shower for 3-4 days. 

(2) Also I don't need to shampoo my hairs for couple of days now and they stay smooth and silky and without danddruff. 

(3) And I brush my teeth one in a week. 

(4) I still change my underwear every day, but I am sure it will not stink if I use it for even 3-4 days. 

(5) I need not to use the deodorants any more. 

(6) Your partner will also notice these changes in you. 

There are low carbohydrate diets like protein-fat diet (with lot of Salads and steamed vegetables, vegetable juices and some fruits), but with No Roti/Chawal/potatoes/sugar.  They certainly help your teeth to get rid of problems within few weeks. 

56 minutes ago, gattaca said:

we should seriously stop taking sugar based products. any thing which doesnt occur naturally is harmful to us. Sugar is a drug.

Sugar is not the only bad thing for the teeth, but carbohydrates of Roti/Rice/potato also bring very bad effects but we don't note it. 

If someone has loose teeth, then one must seriously thing about taking a break from Roti/Rice for couple of week at least.

If you only stop taking sugar, then most probably it is not going to work, or only it gives you a temporary relief. 

But if you really want the "HEALING", then you should stop eating the roti/rice too. Only then your body get the chance to heal itself automatically. 

4 hours ago, gattaca said:

we should seriously stop taking sugar based products. any thing which doesnt occur naturally is harmful to us. Sugar is a drug.

Sugar is natural.  Plants make sugars from light and CO2.  Whether it is made in a factory or by a plant, it is still either glucose, fructose or most commonly sucrose.  Honey, agave nectar ... all the same crap.  

5 hours ago, gattaca said:

I believe it is one of the biggest killers these days.

@Alam_dar a carb free diet leaves be so damn cranky:whine:,I am a danger to society . My family will need healing time away from me.:afraid::afraid:

I fast on monday for pati dev's long life. Eat only fruits and nuts and become so cranky ,poor guy begs me to stop fasting. He says' khana nahi khati ,mera dimaag kha jaati hai ':((

Carbs keep me sane :roti:

I can give up sugar but not rice and roti. I need my rice and roti .:makeup:

Edited by beetle

15 hours ago, velu said:

i have wisom tooth problem , regularly i get once in 2 weeks :sad:

biggest pain is not able to munch boiled peanuts or peanut masala when gulping beer :Cry:  

If it is not growing out properly,get it removed. Wisdom tooth se wisdom  nahi aati ...bas dard aata hai :help:.

If not....then take a cotton ball ,soak it in rum and keep it on the effected area . Pain relief ,the fun way. :ahaa:Thank me later.

2 hours ago, beetle said:

I believe it is one of the biggest killers these days.

@Alam_dar a carb free diet leaves be so damn cranky:whine:,I am a danger to society . My family will need healing time away from me.:afraid::afraid:

I fast on monday for pati dev's long life. Eat only fruits and nuts and become so cranky ,poor guy begs me to stop fasting. He says' khana nahi khati ,mera dimaag kha jaati hai ':((

Carbs keep me sane :roti:

I can give up sugar but not rice and roti. I need my rice and roti .:makeup:

Ha Ha Ha

I know all the problems that are caused by removing carbs, as I often goes on carb free diet some times for many weeks (although I do take some fruits (mostly beeries ). So I know from my personal experience what I am talking about. 

You must know the "proper alternatives" in order to successfully fight against the carbs. 

First: High Quality Fats

==============

The biggest help comes from high quality fats. 

(1) Before fast take few spoons full of Butter. 

But this butter should not come from "grain eating" cows, but only from 100% grass eating cows. There is a huge difference in them while only grass fed cows give milk full of Omega 3, which keeps the good mood. 

The "Kerrygold" butter from Ireland is from cows who pasture only on the green lands of grasses with no grains (at least in summer, while in winter they do get grains). 

And even better than Kerrygold, there is an option of "RAW 100% grass fed butter". 

Are you in US?

It is relatively easy in US to get hands to raw milk from 100% grass fed cows. 

Normal grain fed butter is almost useless and you will notice no help during your fast. 

(2) Avocados also have good fats and help you feel satisfied during your fast. 

(3) Coconut oil is also very good (but it should only be Cold Pressed Extra Virgin coconut oil). 

Much better option is if you make Coconut cream from coconut meat yourself at home (using the juicer machine). 

I think you are vegetarian, otherwise non-veg diet has some better options when it comes to Fats with Omega 3. 

(4) Eggs from hen on pastures

Do you eat eggs? If yes, then use eggs (better raw eggs) from hen who pasture on green fields where they eat some grains, some grass and lot of worms and insects. Only these eggs have Omega 3. 

While normal eggs from market make me ill. 

Wild Fresh herbs like dandelion:

====================

No cultivated salats are even 1/5th so satisfying as fresh wild herbs like dandelions and nettles. They keep you satisfied for a very long period of time. 

I am afraid that is all of recommendations if you are a vegetarian.