Jump to content
vishalvirsingh

Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I think just in the name of cost cutting they are using same old speed guns used in Ranji matches.Bcci not respecting its own league..sad

Speed guns are same every where. Important thing is calliberation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

In the first 3 IPL matches, only 4 Indian bowlers who have pace have played. The fastest they have clocked in 1 match each are

 

Umesh       149.2 k

Bumrah      146.4 k

Khejroliya  143.2 k

Shami         142.0 k

 

Quick bowlers of Indian origin who are yet to play are

 

Nagarkoti

Khaleel

Avesh

Saini

Mavi 

Thampi

Asif

Sangwan

Siraj

Aniket C

 

Quick Indian pacers not playing the IPL are

 

Aaron 

Nathu

Ishant

 

 

It is a tad difficult to bowl 140 k+ in a game without playing the game     :phehe:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Khaleel will probably be the find of this Ipl.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CG said:

Khaleel will probably be the find of this Ipl.

 

 

He has all the qualities needed to succeed.

 

Problem is, he has Bhuvi, Kaul,  Sandeep Sharma,  Thampi and Natarajan to compete with for a place in the 11.

 

How many chances will he get  ?  This is the worrisome part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Vilander said:

149.2 full length... Russel deposits it 4 or 5 rows in the back... Fark what an over.. Russel wins. 

umesh was killing russel with bouncers , why the hell he needs full length balls...russel was hit on the helmet by umesh , why were bouncers not bowled, even kohli was demanding bouncers from umesh...but i have to appreciate that Umesh looks to be in full form now which is very heartening. 

 

when his bouncers are looking deadly why is he bowling full to a DEMON batsman Russel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vishalvirsingh said:

umesh was killing russel with bouncers , why the hell he needs full length balls...russel was hit on the helmet by umesh , why were bouncers not bowled, even kohli was demanding bouncers from umesh...but i have to appreciate that Umesh looks to be in full form now which is very heartening. 

 

when his bouncers are looking deadly why is he bowling full to a DEMON batsman Russel.

he lost his mind hunting glory, he though he could put a fast one through to stumps after those bouncers, but its Russel he fn layed into it and put it in orbit. Just a momentary weakness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

he lost his mind hunting glory, he though he could put a fast one through to stumps after those bouncers, but its Russel he fn layed into it and put it in orbit. Just a momentary weakness.

his first full ball was hit for a 4 and then a six..everyone knows that russel does not like bouncers and hits full balls out..u dont give a dolly to russell, even his mis hit will go for six.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vilander said:

he lost his mind hunting glory, he though he could put a fast one through to stumps after those bouncers, but its Russel he fn layed into it and put it in orbit. Just a momentary weakness.

3.4 overs of deadly bowling by umesh and i was feeling proud of Umesh and Suddenly those two full balls n hit for 10 runs...

 

oh...when will he know, if some type of balls are succeeding he has to continue bowling the same..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

3.4 overs of deadly bowling by umesh and i was feeling proud of Umesh and Suddenly those two full balls n hit for 10 runs...

 

oh...when will he know, if some type of balls are succeeding he has to continue bowling the same..

 

Trying to bowl the variation ball has been Umesh's biggest bane throughout his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kaul has bowled some good and zippy bouncers today.  Gets Gowtham with one such delivery.

 

These days even Indian trundlers are nippy.

i was about to write about Kaul..though i never supported him in past but he is also going to compete with deepak chahar to replace BHUVI at some stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, the don said:

Lol no . I posted the data in the other thread . Wahab was much faster clocking high of 156 kph .

Anyways this is not the thread for this discussion . Ill see myself out.

Wahab was faster in that one test game that you posted, agreed. The England Pak game in England. Aaron or Shami or Umesh did not hit 155 ( 152 max). But dude none of the above were erratic and completed the whole series and also their pace was sustained through the season every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

his first full ball was hit for a 4 and then a six..everyone knows that russel does not like bouncers and hits full balls out..u dont give a dolly to russell, even his mis hit will go for six.

Well Umesh is special..what to say. If he used his brain and ability in every delivery he will be the first name in bowlers list in every Indian test match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Kaul has bowled very well today. Excellent control over the line and length. Go two wickets as a result.

he would be excellent in seaming conditions in england......infact was getting more seam movement than bhuvi...suprising.

Edited by LORD_analyst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LORD_analyst said:

he would be excellent in seaming conditions in england......infact was getting more seam movement than bhuvi...suprising.

He definitely troubled the batsmen more than Bhuvi troubled them. 

 

I guess our bowling attack for England tests would be same as the one for SA tour, except for injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

He definitely troubled the batsmen more than Bhuvi troubled them. 

 

I guess our bowling attack for England tests would be same as the one for SA tour, except for injuries.

nope....there's a reason why ishant, bumrah and bhuvi will be almost certain.....very major reason ....ask me if u don't know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

nope....there's a reason why ishant, bumrah and bhuvi will be almost certain.....very major reason ....ask me if u don't know

The bowling attack did a brilliant job in SA and hence they deserve to be in squad. Performing unit cannot be dropped. The problem was with batting unit and only that should be tinkered if at all any changes have to bee looked at given the series loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Straight Drive said:

The bowling attack did a brilliant job in SA and hence they deserve to be in squad. Performing unit cannot be dropped. The problem was with batting unit and only that should be tinkered if at all any changes have to bee looked at given the series loss. 

nope...there's a reason ...you are unaware of.....big big reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

hint:   ishant and bumrah primarily bring ball into right handers

Ishant will share the new ball with Olie Robinson once the county season starts. His performance sin those matches will give us a hint about how he is bowling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Ishant will share the new ball with Olie Robinson once the county season starts. His performance sin those matches will give us a hint about how he is bowling.

ishant went wicketless yesterday -

9 overs...28 runs , 0 wickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LORD_analyst said:

ishant went wicketless yesterday -

9 overs...28 runs , 0 wickets

I am talking about the actual county championship matches which are more competitive. The ones that the counties are playing now are pre season friendlies. County Div 1 and Div 2 are starting on 13th April. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I am talking about the actual county championship matches which are more competitive. The ones that the counties are playing now are pre season friendlies. County Div 1 and Div 2 are starting on 13th April. 

 

 

yup....even in friendly...0 wickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Ishant will share the new ball with Olie Robinson once the county season starts. His performance sin those matches will give us a hint about how he is bowling.

see the wrist postion of ishant .....tilted into batsmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

yup....even in friendly...0 wickets

There will be no excuse for him if he flops in County 2018 considering the fact that the weather conditions are fully in favor of pace bowlers in April and May and also that he is the opening spell bowler for Sussex once the Championship starts. If he clicks in the pace friendly conditions in these two months, then he will certainly get in squad. Another point i would like to make is that he is playing for Division 2 team, so is Varun Aaron. We cannot rule out both of them taking wicket sin bulk considering various favoring factors.

Edited by Straight Drive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

There will be no excuse for him if he flops in County 2018 considering the fact that the weather conditions are fully in favor of pace bowlers in April and May and also that he is the opening spell bowler for Sussex once the Championship starts. If he clicks in the pace friendly conditions in these two months, then he will certainly get in squad. Another point i would like to make is that he is playing for Division 2 team, so is Varun Aaron. We cannot rule out both of them taking wicket sin bulk considering various favoring factors.

the reason for bumrah ,ishant certainity is ---- 5 lefties in top 7 of england......huuuuuge advantage ......they both can bowloutswing to lefties....ishant struggles against right handers as he is inswing specialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

There will be no excuse for him if he flops in County 2018 considering the fact that the weather conditions are fully in favor of pace bowlers in April and May and also that he is the opening spell bowler for Sussex once the Championship starts. If he clicks in the pace friendly conditions in these two months, then he will certainly get in squad. Another point i would like to make is that he is playing for Division 2 team, so is Varun Aaron. We cannot rule out both of them taking wicket sin bulk considering various favoring factors.

Any idea when Aaron will be playing his 1st county game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

the reason for bumrah ,ishant certainity is ---- 5 lefties in top 7 of england......huuuuuge advantage ......they both can bowloutswing to lefties....ishant struggles against right handers as he is inswing specialist

I would prefer that the bowling coach and the think tank watch some of his spells he will bowling this county season and then come to a conclusion about how he is doing. It is good that there is an audition time of 2 months in Ishant's case. More informed decisions can be taken this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

the reason for bumrah ,ishant certainity is ---- 5 lefties in top 7 of england......huuuuuge advantage ......they both can bowloutswing to lefties....ishant struggles against right handers as he is inswing specialist

I have a simpler logic why Ishant would be in the team almost certainly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I would prefer that the bowling coach and the think tank watch some of his spells he will bowling this county season and then come to a conclusion about how he is doing. It is good that there is an audition time of 2 months in Ishant's case. More informed decisions can be taken this time.

I don't want to be known as an inswing bowler: Ishant - The Hindu

 

 

he will destroy lefties....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

Well there are not many lefties around. Certainly Warwickshire (whom Sussex play first) do not have many lefties in their top 6. Only will Rhodes if he gets in as opener. Then the next lefties is Keith Barker who will bat at 7 probably. So their is only one specialist leftie batsman (i doubt he will make the playing 11).

 

Sibley , Rhodes / another opener, Trott, Bell, Sam Hain, Tim Ambrose.

 

One positive for Ishant is Warwickshire batters apart from Trott flopped in previous season and they are low on confidence. Only Sam Hain made a good 144 against Windies in FC match recently. 

 

 

Edited by Straight Drive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Well there are not many lefties around. Certainly Warwickshire (whom Sussex play first) do not have many lefties in their top 6. Only will Rhodes if he gets in as opener. Then the next lefties is Keith Barker who will bat at 7 probably. So their is only one specialist leftie batsman (i doubt he will make the playing 11).

 

Sibley , Rhodes / another opener, Trott, Bell, Sam Hain, Tim Ambrose.

 

One positive for Ishant is Warwickshire batters apart from Trott flopped in previous season and they are low on confidence. Only Sam Hain made a good 144 against Windies in FC match recently. 

 

 

im talking english team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

deepak chahar...looking average today in his first over.

128.9K

132k

126k...getting some swing.

122k..

patta flat dirty wicket and deepak hit for 18 runs.

deepak looks a PAKKA Domestic Bowler...Average bowler today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

deepak chahar...looking average today in his first over.

128.9K

132k

126k...getting some swing.

122k..

patta flat dirty wicket and deepak hit for 18 runs.

deepak looks a PAKKA Domestic Bowler...Average bowler today.

 

Yes, swing from these bowlers elude us and we tend to overlook guys with genuine potential (pace),same can be said for KKR they have bought u19s to bench them,why these mediocre ones are played ,they are degrading the IPL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Yes, swing from these bowlers elude us and we tend to overlook guys with genuine potential (pace),same can be said for KKR they have bought u19s to bench them,why these mediocre ones are played ,they are degrading the IPL

Yeah, they're picking Vinay Kumar instead of Nagarkoti and Mavi! :facepalm: 

It's preposterous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×