Ashwin outsmarts old man Dhoni

Singh bling

What exactly is special about Ash's captaincy? Didn't watch large parts of Punjab's matches but eager to know, is it team selection or leading from the front or tactics? Hope he is really good and not just ICF hype, he strikes me as a BMac type guy, too funky with his tactics. May pull off a few miraculous wins like Baz but equally likely to have a few stinkers here and there.

Edited by Gollum

25 minutes ago, Gollum said:

What exactly is special about Ash's captaincy? Didn't watch large parts of Punjab's matches but eager to know, is it team selection or leading from the front or tactics? Hope he is really good and not just ICF hype, he strikes me as a BMac type guy, too funky with his tactics. May pull off a few miraculous wins like Baz but equally likely to have a few stinkers here and there.

He is using his limited resources very well, plus he is bowling well with combination of off and legspin.

In Match against RCB he used spin in power plays but against CSK  He bowled 5 overs with seamers. Also he dropped Axar Patel against CSK and bought Sran in.

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

He is using his limited resources very well, plus he is bowling well with combination of off and legspin.

In Match against RCB he used spin in power plays but against CSK  He bowled 5 overs with seamers. Also he dropped Axar Patel against CSK and bought Sran in.

I believe axar was out with a niggle if I remember the Ashwin's words at Toss correctly. 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

His field placings are a bit more aggressive.  Having a forward short leg for Kohli as soon as he got in kinda tells you how he thinks his game.  Tactically he is definitely better than Kohli. Even before captaincy we knew he thinks a lot about his game.

That's not saying much.