Which players will be dropped from their teams and find no buyers next season, after IPL 2018?

LordPrabhzy

10 minutes ago, asterix said:

That Markande guy played all the matches although later stages he was found out and struggled to take wickets...

They didn’t tried other bowlers (leg spinner Chahar etc). The team is full of show ponies.

The way Rohit played the whole tournament with his constipated look, maybe it’s time to release him and look for a new captain.

KruPa has some potential. The less said about HaPa the better... They’ve used this part time allrounder as main bowling option.

Evin Lewis can also be released.

Pollu is now a mascot of the team so he’ll stay till he retires from T20s...

Do you think the presence of your mentor was missed yesterday might have motivated the team more.

They tried for Iyer in 2016 by offering Finch and two other players to DD but the DD franchise declined the offer as they were grooming Iyer for the leadership.

They will try to poach Shaw instead.
Or will try to hire the next big Shivaji Park cricketer if everything fails.
MI is a team that depends on local factor very much.
They really need a big local face to keep themselves relevant and will go big on Shivaji Park talents in the next auction.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Why SKY?? One of the Pandya bros or Bumrah will be groomed... They are sureshot in every playing XI that MI can put together 

Bumrah is a pace bowler. I don't think he will be considered for captaincy. Hardik can be the one. But his incosistency with the bat is a big issue imo.

12 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Goes to show how brainless IPL team management are... who in the right mind would retain Axar and Mohit after this year's debacle.

Same with Maxwell... he can do well in BBL as pitches are flat decks with bounce... he cant play on Indian pitches and thats been exposed since his India leg of IPL 2014

Coach Ponting trying to explain Maxi's poor form

“To be honest, the thing that hurt him most is how well Rishabh played,” said Ponting. “When we went to our auction table, we picked our group of players and I must admit before our first game, I had Glenn Maxwell pencilled in as our No. 4 batsman for the tournament. He missed the first game for personal reasons with Aaron Finch’s wedding, which meant that Rishabh batted at No. 4 in game one and played well.”

“I have spent a lot time with Glenn over the years. It was only a few weeks before this tournament came around that I spent the triangular series with him with the Australian team and did a lot of work with him there. He was actually man of the series in that tournament. So coming over here, he was in good form and having played a little bit of T20 cricket,” added Ponting on Maxwell.

43 minutes ago, asterix said:

The way Rohit played the whole tournament with his constipated look, maybe it’s time to release him and look for a new captain.

Yeah that lets get out of here look on captain's face brings the whole team down.

Do you think the presence of your mentor was missed yesterday might have motivated the team more.

No, they had no intentions to go to next round. You can judge that by the way SKY, Rohit & HaPa got out.

They sent Pollu to face Mishi and Nepali.. facepalm.gif

Last year they used to send Pollu in the last few overs and most times he used to win the matches. This year they used Pollu to mostly lose the matches...

They sent Markande ahead of Fizz (they are all tailenders but Markande can’t even hold bat properly)

Rohit dropping Harshal (straight forward catch) and then acting as if he’s hurt his shoulder (Whatever little respect I had for him gone after witnessing that acting). I’d suspected him fixing matches long time back. Now I’m not sure he’s doing it as per instruction of GC or Bunty, nobody will know.

MI doesn’t deserve to go to the next round but so was not RR as they’ve not done much.

DD deserved to go to next round but that Aussie Punter screwed it...

No, they had no intentions to go to next round. You can judge that by the way SKY, Rohit & HaPa got out.

Last year they used to send Pollu in the last few overs and most times he used to win the matches. This year they used Pollu to mostly lose the matches...

They sent Markande ahead of Fizz (they are all tailenders but Markande can’t even hold bat properly)

Rohit dropping Harshal (straight forward catch) and then acting as if he’s hurt his shoulder (Whatever little respect I had for him gone after witnessing that acting). I’d suspected him fixing matches long time back. Now I’m not sure he’s doing it as per instruction of GC or Bunty, nobody will know.

MI doesn’t deserve to go to the next round but so was not RR as they’ve not done much.

MI fixes matches, but I will never know why Ambaniji let this happen in the year his kids were getting married.

That said , MI will go for a major rehaul next year-that I am sure

7 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

MI fixes matches, but I will never know why Ambaniji let this happen in the year his kids were getting married.

That said , MI will go for a major rehaul next year-that I am sure

They will be stronger next year with Pat Cummins being there though saying that IPL is before the WC will be interesting to see who is willing to play and who will opt out.

29 minutes ago, asterix said:

Aussie already wants to retain Maxwell again by the looks of it.But the players in your dugout have mentioned that your mentor inspires them a lot in fact HAPA said that he was told by your mentor he wll play for India soon and as they say the rest is history.

Edited by gambhirfan

@asterix also after the match there is a video on the DD twitter page where Rajeev Shukla went to Rohit and was seen shaking his hand do you think he was congratulating him that he played his role to perfection :p:.They showed players interacting with each other and Ricky looked more sad than happy for the victory of DD :phehe:.You can check the link as well https://twitter.com/DelhiDaredevils/status/998248866305605633

Edited by gambhirfan

33 minutes ago, asterix said:

dada we sent bhajji and chahar :phehe:

Aussie already wants to retain Maxwell again by the looks of it.But the players in your dugout have mentioned that your mentor inspires them a lot in fact HAPA said that he was told by your mentor he wll play for India soon and as they say the rest is history.

That midget mentor does favours some MI players and they do find their way in the Indian team... HaPa is one of them. .

[mention=8115]asterix[/mention] also after the match there is a video on the DD twitter page where Rajeev Shukla went to Rohit and was seen shaking his hand do you think he was congratulating him that he played his role to perfection :p:.They showed players interacting with each other and Ricky looked more sad than happy for the victory of DD :phehe:.You can check the link as well https://twitter.com/DelhiDaredevils/status/998248866305605633

Thanks, that confirms what I’d been suspecting from long time.

IPL is the biggest.......

I won’t say. Just leave it...

3 minutes ago, asterix said:

:phehe: why do you think Shukla ji went to Rohit his side lost the match and he dropped Shankar twice and made 12 of 11 was he in awe of Rohit's heroics ?

Edited by gambhirfan

38 minutes ago, asterix said:

:hatsoff:to you dada MI really did sabka sath sabka vikas be it DD lost to them twice and to RR as well even to SRH encouraging the young upcoming  talent :hatsoff:and then there is a certain team where a certain captain takes IPL way too seriously as you said and then buried the young upcoming talent and makes sure that team mates praise him all the time to show his greatness.

Edited by gambhirfan