Ind batting not looking equipped for the upcoming Batathon

SK_IH

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Says who? Rohit is what he was - a useful FTB who nonetheless wastes powerplays time and again. It's Bairstow who's gone to a different level since he started opening.

In england u will only get pattas , yes thats his problem but then he covers like no one 

U dnt get big scores like that 

As if rohit didnt go on a diff level , he also maintained it 

5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

so, has roy been any less phenomenal, he is equally destructive

Long way top go before being compared to dhawan

5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

moeen has better all round game than pandya at this moment

we are talking about batting in batting order , pandya is a better option then moeen at 7

25 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Still they won't be posting 300 that easily. Anything around 320 will be chased easily.

If India bat first, team will easily get 330+ and choke English batsmen with wickets (not with RR).

i highly doubt , i think it ll be a runfest 

Bhuvi has been struggling to get wkts with new ball in odi and set batsman on patta is dangerous 

Then we have pandya whose bowling we are unsure of , wrist spinner will take wkts but will give loose balls as well. Most importantly we have no 6th bowler and now we are dropping to many catches

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how many centuries did gr8 yuvraj singh score at 7 ?????

how many players in world has 100s at number 7 ?????

I take it from the but but but answer that is zero 

Moen  Ali has scored 3 , so from that we can conclude that if both bat 7 the chance of Ali scoring a century is greater 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In england u will only get pattas , yes thats his problem but then he covers like no one 

U dnt get big scores like that 

As if rohit didnt go on a diff level , he also maintained it 

Lagta hai Statsguru nikalwake chhodega.

f13a42f7-caa0-4ead-a8fc-24f8ee3445e1.png

Since he started opening Bairstow averages 61+ at a SR of nearly 110. Now whether he maintains this remains to be seen but clearly the current day Rohit is no match for Bairstow.

5 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

I take it from the but but but answer that is zero 

Moen  Ali has scored 3 , so from that we can conclude that if both bat 7 the chance of Ali scoring a century is greater 

but but pandya has a better avg n s/r then moeen at 7

Moeen has played 44 games n pandya 11 , so wait till he plays that many games at 7

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Bairstow since he's started opening is on a different level. He's certainly better than Rohit right now. 

Yes in general he is better but on these featherbeds Rohit may well become a beast,he is master of bashing minnows and laying opposition on these said tracks....but i concede the fact that he is been a slow starter and might bite us just "may be"

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Lagta hai Statsguru nikalwake chhodega.

f13a42f7-caa0-4ead-a8fc-24f8ee3445e1.png

Since he started opening Bairstow averages 61+ at a SR of nearly 110. Now whether he maintains this remains to be seen but clearly the current day Rohit is no match for Bairstow.

lets say when he maintains that for 50+ games in different conditions , if he does no one will question

Right now the sample is small 

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i was batting only, moeen as of today has better all round game in batting than pandya , at no.7 moeen he demolished wi last year iirc

pandya played damn good innings against Pak in ct final n then against aus in chennai 

much better bowling opposition

Bowl a bouncer to moeen , wanna see how good is his all round game. 

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

but but pandya has a better avg n s/r then moeen at 7

Moeen has played 44 games n pandya 11 , so wait till he plays that many games at 7

For what it's worth I wouldn't play either in the odi games.

India should play 2 leg spinners as their best chance is bowling England out and they can't play leg spinners . 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

lets say when he maintains that for 50+ games in different conditions , if he does no one will question

Right now the sample is small 

I know. Which is why I am not arguing that Bairstow > Rohit in terms of his career achievements. Just that he is better right now. It's sort of like the Buttler - Dhoni comparison. Just that Rohit isn't completely useless unlike you know who.

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

pandya played damn good innings against Pak in ct final n then against aus in chennai 

much better bowling opposition

Bowl a bouncer to moeen , wanna see how good is his all round game. 

yep thats been his weakness in tests, very seldom i have seen him in trouble in lois

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I know. Which is why I am not arguing that Bairstow > Rohit in terms of his career achievements. Just that he is better right now. It's sort of like the Buttler - Dhoni comparison. Just that Rohit isn't completely useless unlike you know who.

ok lets say currently bairstrow his ahead

But in the current series

Bairstrow faces indian bowling and rohit england bowling, indian bowling is far better and england bowling is no special 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Roy- dhawan ( dhawan is better)

bairstrow- rohit ( rohit is better)

Hales- kohli (not even a comparison, kohli is miles ahead)

Root vs Rahul/iyer/karthik (if rahul plays he is better, iyer no way, karthik - only god knws which way the pendulam will swing)

Butler- dhoni (butler wins here, remains to be seen how much dhoni will narrow the distance)

Morgan- Raina/karthik ( morgan better then raina, with karthik again dnt knw which side of bed he ll wakeup)

Moeen ali vs pandya ( hardik at 7 is way better then moeen)

I dnt see the reason to worry to much, they may have players who start well but someone like rohit goes on a level of carnage that no other can 

Bairstow is in beastly mode at the moment. Rohit is, well Rohit.

Selection is going to be key i.e. KL needs to be slotted into that order somewhere