Ankit_sharma03

Ranji trophy 2018-19

18 hours ago, kooljatt said:

I was really impressed with Jonty Sidhu, scores a 100. Reminds of young Yuvraj. You guys seen any other bright left handers ?

Seen him in 2 knocks.  Both times looked class.  Another yubi clone like dubey.  Yuvi legacy secure lol

This Jonty massivley one to keep an eye on.  Might be one for India A already, I was that impressed

22 hours ago, PBN said:

Group A and B = 5 spots

Group C = 2 spots

Plate = 1 spot

Top team from Plate group is promoted to Group C.  Top 2 teams from Group C and bottom team from groups A and B swap places.

Btw, consider  Group A and B as  the old 'elite' groups where as Group C is the old 'plate' group.  Group C is the lowest ranked teams from last season.  Don't know why they have named Group C as Elite.  Should named it Division 1 for Groups A,B Division 2 for Group C and Division 3.  

As for how the 5 spots of Groups A and B are distributed, I think it's whoever has the most points across both groups.    You'd think that atleast the top team from both groups A and B advances automatically but they've basically treated both groups as one when tallying up the points which doesn't make sense IMO.   Should've had top two teams from each group advance respectively and the 5th spot i.e the "wild card" spot should've gone to the team with the highest points across both groups.

Or they could have given top 3 from A and * and 1 from C and 1 from plate. Have the same swaps as it is now. A lot of matches do get abandonned due to rain, it is not fair to choose across groups based on points alone. 

9 hours ago, PBN said:

So in the end, great chase by Kerala so 4 teams qualify from group A and only one from group B?  Sounds idiotic to rank teams from different groups by points.  Like mentioned before, should've had 2 from each and one wildcard spot ( 5th team with most points )..

Could be wrong but looks like Vidharbha, Saurashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Gujarat  make it out of Groups A,B ( 4 from group A)

Rajasthan and UP from group C, and Uttarkhand from plate

Idiotic to say the least. What was Ganguly/TC thinking.

Edited by coffee_rules

8 hours ago, Vijy said:

Rinku Singh's stats are interesting to look at - he has played across multiple seasons and has an avg of 70+ with a SR of nearly 70 in the middle and lower-middle order. I have not seen him bat enough to arrive at an opinion, but I wonder if he may prove to be a useful player (especially short formats). Having a counter-punching No.5 or No.6 could be a real asset.

He didn't do anything good for KKR so T20 seems out of option. May be worth trying in ODIs.

Edited by puneet28

6 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Seen him in 2 knocks.  Both times looked class.  Another yubi clone like dubey.  Yuvi legacy secure lol

This Jonty massivley one to keep an eye on.  Might be one for India A already, I was that impressed

He also played India u19 but got overage at the time of u19 WC

2 hours ago, puneet28 said:

He didn't do anything good for KKR so T20 seems out of option. May be worth trying in ODIs.

Harsh to judge him based on 4 matches he played as a 20 year old. As he’s scored all his FC runs at number 6, definitely worth giving him a run with A team soon.

5 hours ago, puneet28 said:

seems more of an odi or even test player to me. should first tour with ind a and play at 5 or 6 to see how he does.

9 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

yes, sidhu's batting is very easy on the eyes. seems to play spin well too - lovely footwork.

On 1/10/2019 at 6:45 AM, Nikhil_cric said:

How has Anmolpreet Singh performed this season? From the bits i've seen, he is a very good talent, young and aggressive against spin. Good to see Gill bossing it.

relatively poor season after the stellar first season. just 1 100 this time around

20 hours ago, Vijy said:

Rinku Singh's stats are interesting to look at - he has played across multiple seasons and has an avg of 70+ with a SR of nearly 70 in the middle and lower-middle order. I have not seen him bat enough to arrive at an opinion, but I wonder if he may prove to be a useful player (especially short formats). Having a counter-punching No.5 or No.6 could be a real asset.

18yr old priyam garg from UP also amongst the runs 740 runs @ 74 albeit in group C

10 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Jonty Sidhu looks better version of yuvi

Certainly looks physically strong,few of his sixes looked huge

Was fairly composed,used his feets to the good effect against spinners

Want to see him more against pacers with little bit of more pace and conducive conditions,good prospect in hands

46 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

QF lineup ..Starting on Mon, 14/1

Vidarbha v/s UK

Saurashtra v/s UP

Karnataka v/s Rajasthan

Gujarat v/s Kerala

vidarbha have good chance to retained Cup.Karnataka should 

allow bootLicker Lokesh to help them because samarth loose his form.

Coffee rules

do you know venue for guj vs kerala ?

16 minutes ago, Starpower said:

vidarbha have good chance to retained Cup.Karnataka should 

allow bootLicker Lokesh to help them because samarth loose his form.

Coffee rules

do you know venue for guj vs kerala ?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/scores/series/8050/season/2018

vidarbha in Nagpur (home)

sau in Lucknow ( awayl

kar in Bengaluru (home)

Guj-Kerala in Wayanad (away)

Edited by coffee_rules

On 1/11/2019 at 3:27 AM, coffee_rules said:

Idiotic to say the least. What was Ganguly/TC thinking.

I think the rationale behind combined ranking of the 2 groups is that they are supposed to be of equal strength.. Only the group C & plate team are weaker

QF 1 -- on tv SS1 hd & SS1

KARNATAKA vs RAJASTHAN, Bengaluru

Starts at 09:30 AM IST (04:00 GMT), Jan 15

Last season's semifinalists Karnataka, who are fresh off a loss against Baroda in a low-scoring thriller are up against Rajasthan who enter the knockouts with confidence of seven wins under their belt. Karnataka have blown hot and cold so far, with three wins and two losses and have had to do without several of their key players. Mayank Agarwal continues to be unavailable but they will be boosted by the presence of K Gowtham, who missed the previous game due to a finger injury. KV Siddharth and Dega Nischal have made the most of the opportunities with both scoring in excess of 600, and will provide additional strength to a batting order that comprises Karun Nair, Manish Pandey and R Samarth. Karnataka also have a quality bowling attack - with Ronit More being the pick of the lot - and will count on it to get the job done in home conditions at the Chinnaswamy stadium.

The only team to aggregate more than 50 points in this edition, Rajasthan are yet to concede first-innings lead so far. In Robin Bist, Mahipal Lomror and Amitkumar Gautam, Rajasthan have 1883 runs between them and will be banking on the trio to add plenty more to the tally. Pace has been the primary weapon for Rajasthan, with Aniket Choudhary, Tanvir-ul-Haq and Nathu Singh having bagged 116 wickets between them. Rahul Chahar's leg-break also gives Rajasthan some variety.

Teams:

Karnataka (From): Vinay Kumar(c), Ravikumar Samarth, Sharath BR(w), Karun Nair, Shreyas Gopal, Shubhang Hegde, Manish Pandey, Jagadeesha Suchith, Krishnappa Gowtham, Ronit More, Prasidh Krishna, Abhimanyu Mithun, Pavan Deshpande, Prateek Jain, Srinivas Sharath, Dega Nischal

Rajasthan (From): Mahipal Lomror(c), Chetan Bist(w), Amitkumar Gautam, Robin Bist, Ashok Menaria, Rajesh Bishnoi, Salman Khan, Deepak Chahar, Rahul Chahar, Aniket Choudhary, TM Ul-Haq, Tajinder Singh, Arjit Gupta, Nathu Singh

A left handed middle order batsman piling on the runs, that too at 21. Excellent news for Indian cricket, could add a nice variety to our batting. 

Hope he gets picked for A side vs England Lions.

UP has a very young team with almost everyone doing well this season Rinku, 25 yr old Akashdeep Nath (720 runs@60),  18 year old Priyam Garg (789 runs@72), 25 yr old SLA Saurabh Kumar (50 wkts@16), 25 yr old Rajpoot (38 wkts@19) and 20 yr old Mavi (15 wkts@22). Zeeshan Ansari, 19 yr old leggie, who played for India u-19 in 2016 is another good talent to keep an eye on.

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

A left handed middle order batsman piling on the runs, that too at 21. Excellent news for Indian cricket, could add a nice variety to our batting. 

Hope he gets picked for A side vs England Lions.

UP has a very young team with almost everyone doing well this season Rinku, 25 yr old Akashdeep Nath (720 runs@60),  18 year old Priyam Garg (789 runs@72), 25 yr old SLA Saurabh Kumar (50 wkts@16), 25 yr old Rajpoot (38 wkts@19) and 20 yr old Mavi (15 wkts@22). Zeeshan Ansari, 19 yr old leggie, who played for India u-19 in 2016 is another good talent to keep an eye on.

all of these are good players to varying degrees. Apart from Nath and maybe Ansari, most of the rest should be playing in "A" teams or at least zonal tourneys (like Duleep).