Ankit_sharma03

Ranji trophy 2018-19

9 minutes ago, pindxb said:

Make it 3 for 3. Shivam Mavi is exciting.

I find Mavi to be the most exciting among our rookie pacers ...  as he has the rare combo of genuine pace, bounce and swing.

Mavi having a great FC season would be really nice.

5 minutes ago, arjwiz said:

Which games are on TV (and what channels)?

I'm checking Hotstar (from UK) and only see three games 

Andhra v Punjab

Rajasthan v Jammu

Maharashtra v Vidharba

Keen on the Mumbai game and the UP game.

Only Andhra and Maharashtra games live on Hotstar in India. 

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

No Khaleel Ahmed      :facepalm:

Should be in the squad and play FC rather than playing T20Is for India. Only way to develop a young cricketer and get his basics right.

And he will anyway get quite a bit of time off when we play tests in Australia.

No  we need to look at Short term of WC  requirements. Khaleel is a serious contender for WC if he progresses a bit more .

If he can swing and bend it back even a bit, along with away going ball he will be good . 

Last match very hearteniung . Let him do it consistently then he can increase the pace by atleast 5-6 K , that should be fine .

Plan b type bowling he already has , hit the deck , slower  ball , cutter .

So he will become not so easy to predict if he can use both types of bowling.  

And playing in T20 now ,  should also tell him about his defensive bowling  skills and where he shouls he improve to avoid thrashing at death. 

So he will another 3 months  after Aus t20 to work on improvements .

Yes After this year , he should a regular fixture in domestic.

22 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

No  we need to look at Short term of WC  requirements. Khaleel is a serious contender for WC if he progresses a bit more .

If he can swing and bend it back even a bit, along with away going ball he will be good . 

Last match very hearteniung . Let him do it consistently then he can increase the pace by atleast 5-6 K , that should be fine .

Plan b type bowling he already has , hit the deck , slower  ball , cutter .

So he will become not so easy to predict if he can use both types of bowling.  

And playing in T20 now ,  should also tell him about his defensive bowling  skills and where he shouls he improve to avoid thrashing at death. 

So he will another 3 months  after Aus t20 to work on improvements .

Yes After this year , he should a regular fixture in domestic.

T20s would help him practice his defensive bowling. This aspect of his is already his stronger suit with well developed yorkers and slower balls.  Moreover we have 2 other good death bowlers in Bumrah and Bhuvi.

We need a wicket taking pacer in ODIs who can bowl attacking lines and lengths in the first 40 overs and pick up wickets.  This has become even more important as Bhuvi is not picking sufficient wickets in ODIs.  Khaleel has displayed the ability to do this last match.

Playing some FC would help him hone his attacking bowling skills ...  which is more our requirement from the 3rd pacer in the WC.

Khaleel could have played FC now and then gone to Australia for the T20Is ... so that he could get practice of both attacking and defensive bowling.

7 hours ago, Cricketics said:

My friend Milind Kumar who also plays here in Washington, transfered to Sikkim team for this year in Ranji. He is a talented bat who played well last year for Delhi in list A with some crucial cameo knocks. Watch him score tons of runs this season for Sikkim. 

Milind on fire.

As said before the start of play.

No one would notice the scorecard of a small team like Sikkim, but Milind ended the day with 202 not out. Silkim were 4 wickets down for just 10 runs.

Guys like him are sitting on sidelines of Delhi and lot of other state sides. I am happy for him he transfered.

He will make his name this yeae.

7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Milind on fire.

As said before the start of play.

No one would notice the scorecard of a small team like Sikkim, but Milind ended the day with 202 not out. Silkim were 4 wickets down for just 10 runs.

Guys like him are sitting on sidelines of Delhi and lot of other state sides. I am happy for him he transfered.

He will make his name this yeae.

it is still plate division.

27 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

it is still plate division.

Ranji is Ranji, these guys made it to Ranji because they are the best in the country. Is he India prospect? I never said that, for that he has to be consistent for a very very long time. But is he good enough to get to A sides or to play for a Ranji team regularly? Yes. 

24 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Ranji is Ranji, these guys made it to Ranji because they are the best in the country. Is he India prospect? I never said that, for that he has to be consistent for a very very long time. But is he good enough to get to A sides or to play for a Ranji team regularly? Yes. 

i dont think so.  he played 28-29 matches for Delhi, averages 30. for an FC team like Delhi that is just not good enough. May be good for plate teams but not for top Ranji sides.  These plate teams are worse than some club sides in Delhi and Mumbai.

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

T20s would help him practice his defensive bowling. This aspect of his is already his stronger suit with well developed yorkers and slower balls.  Moreover we have 2 other good death bowlers in Bumrah and Bhuvi.

We need a wicket taking pacer in ODIs who can bowl attacking lines and lengths in the first 40 overs and pick up wickets.  This has become even more important as Bhuvi is not picking sufficient wickets in ODIs.  Khaleel has displayed the ability to do this last match.

Playing some FC would help him hone his attacking bowling skills ...  which is more our requirement from the 3rd pacer in the WC.

Khaleel could have played FC now and then gone to Australia for the T20Is ... so that he could get practice of both attacking and defensive bowling.

Am still not convinced. Quality of opposition with so many 4 th grade teams is appalling in Ranji level. 

At international level , he will be really tested and his weak points will be magnified . Better to face that now and then work

upon. 

5 hours ago, arjwiz said:

Is there a good website which is offering a daily summary article or video of the main talking points of each day's play?

Cricinfo has a live blog highlighting important performances of each day's play.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25139692/live-blog-ranji-trophy-round-1

Nalkande does not get natural bounce. His release point is not high enough.

This will make him susceptible to leaking runs unless he is accurate and quick.

And it has happened in the later part of this innings.

His plus points are zip off the deck and outswing.  Decent pace too.

Edited by express bowling

45 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nalkande does not get natural bounce. His release point is not high enough.

This will make him susceptible to leaking runs unless he is accurate and quick.

And it has happened in the later part of this innings.

His plus points are zip off the deck and outswing.  Decent pace too.

he bowled as quick as any on these speed guns.  Nalkande is a short guy under 5'10.

Edited by rkt.india

Positives for me until now :

• Shivam Mavi : 4 wickets
  • Anukul roy : This guy is something, we need to bring him to A teams shortly, scored a valuable 65* & going on.
  • Shivam Dubey : We were short of an all rounder as per MSK Prasad, i feel this lad has a potential to be better than Vijay for the running as an all rounder. Bowls 5-6 good overs & can tonk the ball. Currently batting on 75* @ 80+ strike rate
Edited by nsareen

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nalkande bowled quickly yesterday and looked better.

Today he was slower. 

even his slow today was faster than others.  Lalit quickest shown was 133, is probably around 138-140 on other speed guns.  Nalkande was 139 that i would say more in the range of 145. i think he only bowled 1-2 overs today.

Edited by rkt.india

12 minutes ago, nsareen said:

Positives for me until now :

• Shivam Mavi : 4 wickets
  • Anukul roy : This guy is something, we need to bring him to A teams shortly, scored a valuable 65* & going on.

Yes 

12 minutes ago, nsareen said:

• Shivam Dubey : We were short of an all rounder as per MSK Prasad, i feel this lad has a potential to be better than Vijay for the running as an all rounder. Bowls 5-6 good overs & can tonk the ball. Currently batting on 75* @ 80+ strike rate

I don't know why Dubey is ignored.  Wasn't picked for Deodhar Trophy either.

Looks like a good prospect to me ... needs to play for our 50 over A-team and needs to be developed.

He tries to emulate McGrath's bowling action and is tall and gets bounce.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

even his slow today was faster than others.  Lalit quickest shown was 133, is probably around 140 on other speed guns.  Nalkande was 139 that i would say more in the range of 145.

Pace is good but needs a bit of natural bounce.  Otherwise he will suffer the same fate as Kaul , Shardul, Chahar, Umesh etc. and go for runs in LOIs.

14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Pace is good but needs a bit of natural bounce.  Otherwise he will suffer the same fate as Kaul , Shardul, Chahar, Umesh etc. and go for runs in LOIs.

if he keeps his pace he will get bounce as he gets stronger. His action  is not as round arm.

good to see some real talent coming through the ranks from the u19 levels for punjab. they've done really well in those age groups and need to nurture the upcoming talent.  Pretty young batting lineup with the likes  of Gill, Anmol, and Sanvir also getting a century as well, can bowl a bit as well.  Abhishek Sharma on the bench, and attacking keeper coming through the age groups Prabhsimran.  Batting is going to be exciting in the next couple of years.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He releases the ball much before the highest point.

hat is why he gets the outswing.  If he releases from top of the shoulder, he won't get the outswing.  For me, him getting outswing is more important.  because of his short height even if his release point is high, it wont benefit him as much in long term as his outswing.