Milind Kumar Thread

Surely deserves a thread after he has had one of the most prolific seasons in the history of Ranji Trophy.

No, I am not calling for his selection yet but he deserves some attention down the line. People can utter whatever that he scored in plate league or whatever, he is still a top batsmen. I mentioned before the start of the season also that him moving to Sikkim will be brilliant as he is too good a player to warm the bench. He played in USA last two years where I noticed his game and felt he has the goods and is wasting time in sitting out on the bench. This hear he made the move to switch sides and was rewarded permanent batting spot and he has made it count big time.

Stats for this year

Average for the season - 126

Innings - 12

Total runs - 1261

Six centuries this year which includes two double centuries. He is 154 run short of VVS Laxman’s all time record of 1415 runs in a Ranji season. Milind.

Milind is single handedly carrying Sikkim batting line up.

Still not too old, I think he will make it to A side or Irani trophy soon next year and prove his talent.

4 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Surely deserves a thread after he has had one of the most prolific seasons in the history of Ranji Trophy.

No, I am not calling for his selection yet but he deserves some attention down the line. People can utter whatever that he scored in plate league or whatever, he is still a top batsmen. I mentioned before the start of the season also that him moving to Sikkim will be brilliant as he is too good a player to warm the bench. He played in USA last two years where I noticed his game and felt he has the goods and is wasting time in sitting out on the bench. This hear he made the move to switch sides and was rewarded permanent batting spot and he has made it count big time.

Stats for this year

Innings - 12

Total runs - 1261

Six centuries this year which includes two double centuries. He is 154 run short of VVS Laxman’s all time record of 1415 runs in a Ranji season. Milind.

Still not too old, I think he will make it to A side or Irani trophy soon next year and prove his talent.

played for Delhi earlier, and showed his true ability there. anyone who has played for good Ranji teams (or even avg ones like Delhi) will come across like a beast in this crappy Plate league. Other examples who played for decent teams and are now making hay include Yogesh nagar, pankaj singh, gurinder singh (who has 4 wkts per match and 40+ avg in FC thanks to inflation), and so on. Milind Kumar should not be considered even for A squads - he should first move back to a decent team, score heavily in the Elite category, and then he can make a case for selection in A squads.

8 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Stats for this year

Innings - 12

Total runs - 1261

He wont make it to any side by playing in plate league. Puneet bisht former delhi wk just scored a 250 against Sikkim. Plate league stats are meaningless. Milind averaged 30 when he played for Delhi. I have seen him bT. He is nothing special.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

He wont make it to any side by playing in plate league. Puneet bisht former delhi wk just scored a 250 against Sikkim. Plate league stats are meaningless. Milind averaged 30 when he played for Delhi. I have seen him bT. He is nothing special.

He used to bat much quicker earlier aand has done well for Delhi in List A but could never convert into first clas.

if you would see PRIYABK panchall few years ago, one would say same.

Some guys are late bloomers. Milind will be one of them. He will be that late bloomer who blossoms. 

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

He used to bat much quicker earlier aand has done well for Delhi in List A but could never convert into first clas.

if you would see PRIYABK panchall few years ago, one would say same.

Some guys are late bloomers. Milind will be one of them. He will be that late bloomer who blossoms. 

If he had done in a stronger then could have called a late bloomer. Most players playing as professionals are doing well in plate league. Deepak dhapola had 37 wickets in 4 games doesn't mean he will be picked for India A. 

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

If he had done in a stronger then could have called a late bloomer. Most players playing as professionals are doing well in plate league. Deepak dhapola had 37 wickets in 4 games doesn't mean he will be picked for India A. 

yeah, exactly. look at aman from bihar. he has the kind of stats we get from video games, but they are useless too.

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

You are takking about too different aspect. Yes not all players can be picked and no one is asking for Milind to be picked right away but someone with that temperament is likely to get better.  These scores are crazy numbers and even though bowling attack might not be as good as super league, its not like kids are bowling.

He has done decent for Delhi but just hasn’t been consistent.

He cana crually take this performance into List A and player limited overs down the line if he keeps performing.

He has been already retained in IPL again. He was picked last year by Gambhir too in List A for a reason and Delhi won that thanks to him playing few cameos inthe end, as he is a pretty fine talent just did not get full support in 4 day as he wasn’t considered consistent at that time.  He needed such season to find his temperament and that is what he did here.

Sorry what tosh

Guy is bang average ranji player hence has to play plate as a professional.

The Plate is not FC cricket imo and its stats should not even be counted.  Its like semi pro cricket at the moment  You cant look at any stats in Plate games and perfomances and say play for India.

Plate is about developing these states and in a decade morew their standard improves.  Right now its dog **** and his runs literally mean ZERO

19 hours ago, Vijy said:

played for Delhi earlier, and showed his true ability there. anyone who has played for good Ranji teams (or even avg ones like Delhi) will come across like a beast in this crappy Plate league. Other examples who played for decent teams and are now making hay include Yogesh nagar, pankaj singh, gurinder singh (who has 4 wkts per match and 40+ avg in FC thanks to inflation), and so on. Milind Kumar should not be considered even for A squads - he should first move back to a decent team, score heavily in the Elite category, and then he can make a case for selection in A squads.

Selectors won't be fooled. They are aware of all these things. Doesn't implies that they are smart though. 

Edited by Straight Drive
11 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Sorry what tosh

Guy is bang average ranji player hence has to play plate as a professional.

The Plate is not FC cricket imo and its stats should not even be counted.  Its like semi pro cricket at the moment  You cant look at any stats in Plate games and perfomances and say play for India.

Plate is about developing these states and in a decade morew their standard improves.  Right now its dog **** and his runs literally mean ZERO

I played with him so I know his game. In our league we get best of the best domestic players of West Indies, South Africa, Pakistanand few Indians. He has done well against those bowlers here. 

12 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I played with him so I know his game. In our league we get best of the best domestic players of West Indies, South Africa, Pakistanand few Indians. He has done well against those bowlers here. 

Fair Play.  You lucky to play with such a class act.  I am sure was total gun and I hope good guy to have around club.  Did he produce the goods your club was hoping?  Think seen him advetised by cricket agent for ul before

I assume we talking eng leagues?

Never seen him play to be fair, so who knows.  But I would think anyone to be on India radar needs to play not in plate imo but never know what the selctors may think.  Did he get IPL deal?  Think he did

ps could tell you played decent standard by posts:phehe:

12 hours ago, Cricketics said:

There was one Ranji player who played in our team. We too used to talk good about  him because we knew him but we didn't hype that he should be in international squad. Obviously he was not a big name but he did play for two Ranji teams. Generally we end up hyping players who play with us. So I understand where you are coming from. It happens.

Edited by Straight Drive

For plate group players to be even considered, their team has to qualify for knockouts and they have to show their true worth against stronger teams.They can also be selected for the Duleep or Deodhar trophy where  teams are picked based on Ranji perfomance.

8 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Fair Play.  You lucky to play with such a class act.  I am sure was total gun and I hope good guy to have around club.  Did he produce the goods your club was hoping?  Think seen him advetised by cricket agent for ul before

I assume we talking eng leagues?

Never seen him play to be fair, so who knows.  But I would think anyone to be on India radar needs to play not in plate imo but never know what the selctors may think.  Did he get IPL deal?  Think he did

ps could tell you played decent standard by posts:phehe:

League in usa.

Yes, he for IPl contract already. He is goijg to be part of IPL this season.

On 1/4/2019 at 12:04 AM, Cricketics said:

He played in USA last two years where I noticed his game and felt he has the goods and is wasting time in sitting out on the bench. This hear he made the move to switch sides and was rewarded permanent batting spot and he has made it count big time.

whether your real name is milind kumar ?  :hmmmm2:

your post sounds like your story