No. 4 is something we are looking to solidify - Kohli

flamy

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25868592/no-4-looking-solidify-kohli

I like that two conferences in a row, Kohli is actually talking about the middle order. Gives me some hope.

For all our whining, they are the ones playing on the field, and would obviously know what their weaknesses are.

It is gratifying to actually hear him address the issue in public.

He also mentioned youngsters. I think they'll definitely play Gill.

But, hopefully at 3 (Gill is an opener), and not at 6 - the kind of KLPD we are used to now with this team.

8 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Indian team will never give up the concept of seniority.  I would be surprised if Gill doesn't slot in at #4 behind Ambatli, or maybe even lower.

It’s not Indian team every team will bank on expirience. Even sachin and kohli played for three years before they played in World Cup. It’s already too much pressure for youngster and wc unneccessary pressure. Australia still playing finch, nz guptil, sa Amla, Pakistan Malik and hafeez.

3 hours ago, flamy said:

For all our whining, they are the ones playing on the field, and would obviously know what their weaknesses are.

you just needed to mention that in the thread and the OP.. thats all that is needed. 

For all the whining in ICF its the players and team management that know the truth.

I think the last five games if you see, two in Australia and three here, I said No. 4 is still something we're looking to solidify. But when Rayudu starts playing like that, you start feeling more confident about the batting line-up

Reading his full statement,it looks like the "looking to solidify" was something in the past and now Ambati with his knocks has cemented his place

Yet the cricinfo article and OP seem to think otherwise,am I missing something

4 hours ago, flamy said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25868592/no-4-looking-solidify-kohli

I like that two conferences in a row, Kohli is actually talking about the middle order. Gives me some hope.

It is gratifying to actually hear him address the issue in public.

He also mentioned youngsters. I think they'll definitely play Gill.

But, hopefully at 3 (Gill is an opener), and not at 6 - the kind of KLPD we are used to now with this team.

Kohli always says something in the pressers but does the exact opposite :giggle: