This could be us!

On an overcast morning, against good seam attacks this could well be our scorecard. We've consistently failed in seaming conditions in LO over the past few years, in fact even in the last decade this was our Achilles heal not dodgy "bunsen burners" :vroam:

Now compared to the top 4 attacks, we only have 2 regular pacers in the squad :facepalm:

There was no swing available whatsoever. Only bounce. Most Indian batsmen like Rohit, Dhawan and Dhoni handle bounce very well. Only Rahul has shown a bit of weakness. Kohli too I am not sure is that good at short deliveries but not a headless chicken either.

I wouldn't say very well, on bouncy tracks I've seen India falter in the past. Though it's usually pace+bounce hat does them in, 145+ pacers would trouble anyone but especially our players who are too keen on the front foot pull.

We are capable of collapsing anywhere. ONly problem is unlike England we don't have a reliable middle order to do the resurrection with the support of the tail. All the talk of "modern day cricket" "500 plus total" are pure BS. Just play according to the surface. Don't try to ape England. It will only be counterproductive. 

Yeah the 2009 T20 WC comes to mind. But the current lot pull a lot better. 

All the more reason for us to not push the openers and other batsmen to bash from ball 1. I know it works for England because of the luxury of a long tail, but not for toher teams. Conditions generally ease out later on during the day. 

Our methods have ensured that we have made the finals of last two CT in 2013 and 2017 held in Engand + end up in the last 4 in CWC 2015. We need to stick to it.

Edited by Pandya_Power

It can happen to anyone on a off day but the real character is shown by fighting through such scenarios. NZ has already shown by decimating India in the warmups but that was merely a warmup and I expect the lads to show astuteness and character.   No need of ifs and buts